• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New (to me) 2000 Yellow/Onyx NSX-T

anyway I look forward to handing the keys to mine when he turns 16
in 14.5 years LOL....

No you don't! lol My oldest son (12 in three weeks) said to me as we were putting the car away for the winter last year, "Driving a stick is a good skill to have. I'm glad we have one I can learn on!" I just laughed at him....not with him....AT HIM. lol

When he turns 16 he can dive a used Mustang or something....just like I did (Actually I was thinking an early C4 Corvette or MR2 (MKI or II).....the reason being is that they aren't much quicker than a new civic or other 4-banger, and can only fit two people....ie, not a carload of kids!)

Anyway OP, congrats. Enjoy the car! Each of my three children enjoy the rides they take with me. Yes, getting 28mpg on the hwy is one of the many pluses of this car!

Congrats on your new car. I wish I could have brought one of my kids on the journey to pick mine up. Two kids, one car...you do the math.

Yep. That is the one that I saw as well. I was seriously considering going after that one before I picked up mine in Chicago.

Nice find! Enjoy!

Funny, I was eyeballing the one in Chicago too, but was already a little further into researching and negotiating the one I got. Congratulations on yours.

I obtained some more info about this NSX and posted it here.

Thanks for the info. Although I have some of the past service and ownership history I'm trying to "fill in the blanks" as best I can. I found one of Jim's insurance cards in the glove compartment. I will probably try to contact him since it appears he owned the car up until recently and see what he can tell me. Cosmetically, the car has a few minor defects but mechanically seems to be rock solid and that's mostly what I was concerned about. The fact that the car has a few minor dings and scratches makes me much less apprehensive about driving it around town (which I've been doing quite a bit of).

This car was actually listed on ebay back in April. At the time I was in transit back from Afghanistan and bidding on the car with my iPhone when I could get a wifi signal in Kyrgystan. I didn't win the auction and chalked it up to another "missed opportunity". A few weeks later it came up again on ebay listed by the dealer I bought it from. I negotiated with them through ebay until we had a deal.

The dealer I bought it from said it was there on consignment from the owner. They were pretty good to deal with but obviously they're in the business of selling cars so will probably tell you whatever you want to hear. I ended up paying $42K for the car, which was slightly more than I wanted to, but I'm glad I got it. I had already missed out on several cars from waiting too long and passed on several that needed more work and money put into them than I was willing to spend.

Last edited:
welcome to the club. how long have you wanted the car?

and who had the bigger smile you or your son? age?

anyway I look forward to handing the keys to mine when he turns 16
in 14.5 years LOL

congrats and Yellow is a great color.

Thanks,

I've dreamed about owning an NSX ever since they came out over 20 years ago. I had hoped to eventually buy a new one but wasn't able to before they quit making them. I had put the dream on hold for one reason or another over the past 20+ years. I started researching the cars and really actively searching about 4 years ago. Much of that time I was deployed overseas so was pretty limited on what I could actually do. The resources here on NSXPrime were invaluable in learning about the car, the market, and what to look for during a PPI.

My youngest son is 10. I have two older kids but they're not really into cars and didn't express much interest in going on a trip to buy one. However, now that it's here it seems to be growing on them.

I'm not sure who had the bigger smile. We are both pretty "eaten up" with NSX fever right now. Every time we stopped on the trip we both couldn't help just standing back and admiring it. I honestly think the NSX might be the most beautiful car ever made, IMHO. I find myself walking out the the garage just to stand there and look at it.

I find myself walking out the the garage just to stand there and look at it.

You're not the only one Brother! I do it daily ... LOL! They are GORGEOUS!

Back