• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New to NorCal, where to service?

Northern California, hands down Shad at driving Ambition.

I heard great things about track spec and Fremont Acura as well. I have not used either, but heard good things. I hope you find your muse.:victorious:

Thanks!

It looks like the nsxByTheBay group doesn’t exist anymore... I can’t seem to follow the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pm me and I'll add you in. I'll be at Pitrow next weekend if you want to swap alternator there.

You could probably find a local NSX owner that would change it for you, pretty easy job. I jump back and forth between Sacramento and Mountain View. Shad is great, but a bit of a drive for you.

Welcome to NorCal! Also I demand you change your name immediately! There can only be 1 NSX owner named Roger and that's me! LOL.

Looks like you got some good advice except for crazy AJ recommending you drive 2+ hours to Driving Ambition to have your alternator changed out. #seriousDAfanboi

Roman is the resident mechanic here in NorCal............hook up with him and you will learn more than you need to know. But if you're looking for a shop Trackspec and Fremont Acura can handle this.

Welcome to NorCal! Also I demand you change your name immediately! There can only be 1 NSX owner named Roger and that's me! LOL.

Looks like you got some good advice except for crazy AJ recommending you drive 2+ hours to Driving Ambition to have your alternator changed out. #seriousDAfanboi

Roman is the resident mechanic here in NorCal............hook up with him and you will learn more than you need to know. But if you're looking for a shop Trackspec and Fremont Acura can handle this.

Hahah!!! #serioustrakspecfanboi

+1 for Trackspec.
Jonathan is Awesome

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. So I bought a new alternator from amazon for $160. I just installed it, but that ‘werring’ noise still persists. I thought it was the alternator because it makes that sound alternators make when they’re dying. It’s also making a squeaky ungreased wheel kinda sound. It’s all coming from right where the alternator is.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. So I bought a new alternator from amazon for $160. I just installed it, but that ‘werring’ noise still persists. I thought it was the alternator because it makes that sound alternators make when they’re dying. It’s also making a squeaky ungreased wheel kinda sound. It’s all coming from right where the alternator is.

Any thoughts?

Check AC tensioner pulley. If that's the root cause keep in mind you can buy bearing only for just few bucks. No need to replace whole unit. Search prime for p/n.

Last edited:
Here’s another, “crazy” idea. Take it to a mechanic who can find the problem. Or you could, “theoretically” keep replacing parts until the problem goes away.:biggrin:

Whats Roman's contact information? I just purchased a 92 and it needs some work.

I live in San Jose, CA and have the same question as well. Seems that Foreign Affair and Hilltop are highly recommended. However, from the reviews it seems that the service at Hilltop has been slipping, and Don doesn't do much of the repairs himself any more?

Does anyone else have other recommendations for repair shops in the area?

So it was the idler pulley... I ended up taking it to Fremont Acura because I ran out of time and needed a loaner car. Boy oh boy that was a costly thing to do for a cheap, easy fix :(

So it was the idler pulley... I ended up taking it to Fremont Acura because I ran out of time and needed a loaner car. Boy oh boy that was a costly thing to do for a cheap, easy fix :(

Well you get free loaner so there is that..

Well that's good to know. I'm starting to hear an intermittent bearing noise when cold from around the alternator. Now I know of a possible culprit. Thanks!

Back