• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

New to NSX

Hey all, I'm kinda new to the NSX and I wanted to buy one. I'd like to purchase one here in the next year or so, and was wondering what to look for in one. I'd like to get one for under $35K so which year/model will give me the most bang for my buck? I'd like to get into a targa top, but I want the best performance/price I can get, so I'll forgo it if money wont allow. I'm mostly looking for things to watch out for (problems, recalls, that sort of thing) when I buy one. Any help is appreciated. You can reply here, or to my e-mail address, [email protected]

TIA

Ben

If you haven't already done so, the first place to check out is the FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions), which is on this site, with a table of contents at http://www.nsxprime.com/toc.htm You also might want to search through some of the previous threads here.

Regarding your specific questions...

I'd like to purchase one here in the next year or so, and was wondering what to look for in one.

Look at the "Used NSX Checklist" section of the FAQ.

I'd like to get one for under $35K so which year/model will give me the most bang for my buck? I'd like to get into a targa top, but I want the best performance/price I can get, so I'll forgo it if money wont allow.

At that price range, you're not likely to find an NSX-T, unless it's been in an accident and/or poorly maintained and/or has title problems and/or has a huge number of miles (well over 100K). You should be able to get a nice '91-93 coupe for that price, though.

I'm mostly looking for things to watch out for (problems, recalls, that sort of thing) when I buy one.

Look through the FAQ, particularly the sections under the "Troubleshooting" heading (notably the one that mentions "snap ring transmission" in the title). Keep in mind that this lists every problem that's been noted by anyone; in fact, some of the problems are minor, and some of them are rarely found. The NSX is very reliable, but no car is bulletproof.

Let us know if you're having trouble finding information in the FAQ or by searching previous topics in these forums, and we'll try to answer any questions you might still have.

Back