• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new to the forum looking for advice on 91-93 purchase

I am a huge bimmer nut and liquidating one of my E30 M3s and 2 of my Mtech verts to buy a older nsx and doing performance upgrades. I love the lines of the first gens.
Looking at manual with higher miles something in the mid 20s range.
Any advice on what to look for, things to watch out for and Maintenance expenses? Not worried about interior as I will be doing a full custom Job.
TIA,
Kevin

I would not be afraid of high mileage cars. Documentation of maintanence is the key. If these cars are maintained over time, you should expect a dependable car that is not expensive to drive. Purchased my '91 with over 234,000 miles on her about 5 months ago and drive her almost daily. She is as dependable as any new car I have purchased.

I would not be afraid of high mileage cars. Documentation of maintanence is the key. If these cars are maintained over time, you should expect a dependable car that is not expensive to drive. Purchased my '91 with over 234,000 miles on her about 5 months ago and drive her almost daily. She is as dependable as any new car I have purchased.
Thanks this car will be only driven around 3k a year. I am looking at a few with mid 100s timing belt, maintenance done with snapring taken care off. I figure a good start, and should last a while.
Kevin

Back