• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New (used) rims for Christmas

Got a used set of 17/18 Silver Volk TE-37s just before christmas, and installed them this afternoon. Downsizing from 18/19 Racing Hart M5-s, and I was pleasantly surprised at how light the Volks are compared to the Racing Hart.

With Racing Hart M5-s :
56070829-L.jpg

With the Volk TE-37 (Please excuse the lighting, I took the photos in the garage right after installing the rims. Not the best place with the best lighting!!)
10664new_volk_01-med.jpg

10664new_volk_02-med.jpg

10664new_volk_03-med.jpg

10664new_volk_04-med.jpg

Thanks to Neo for reminding me of the bling-ness of the 18/19 rims whenever he can! :biggrin: After all this time, guess it's time for a change! :wink:

Cheers, .. Gus

It looks so much hotter with the Volks, but you should definatly pick up a set of the limited edition CF center caps.:wink:

and get yourself some VOLK stickers that go on those spokes... otherwise people going to be thinking they're fakees....:biggrin:

Gus,

Those look super sharp! You're lucky I didn't see those wheels first, or else I would have gotten em!

Btw, check your email.

Take care,
- Z

They look great, I pesonaly Like the RH's better but to each his own. Both look sexy. What did you do with the other rims. good will :biggrin:

I love that wheel on your car; big improvement. As far as adding some stickers, it depends on what you want- stickers are to ricey for my taste. I really do not care what other people think; I know what I have. In fact I kind of like the idea of people thinking they are "fake" wheels...maybe they won't try to steal them.

I just today put a new set of Rays Gram Lites 57C 17 X 7.5 on my daily driver Prius. They only weigh 16 pounds and look great. They came with a blue Gram Lites sticker on one of the spokes and I removed it. Much cleaner look IMHO. The center caps will not arrive until forst week of January.

Attachments

• Wheels 12.JPG
    Wheels 12.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 109
Photo can't justify how good this Volks looks like close up. I already regretted not buying ones used last time. Lucky supercar. :frown:

They look like they were refinished once before or are they that Mercury silver color?

Gents, Thanks for the info and ideas!
Thanks, Chris, for the info on the center caps.

As for the RH, it's not that I don't like it, it looks great, but the Volks are just lighter and stronger. Besides, I may use it on the track as well :biggrin:.
I'll hold off on the stickers for now, I think by itself, the car looks pretty good, and I'll enjoy it like it is for now.

I just took the car for a drive today after installing the rims last week. The weather's been quite awful until today. It was really clear this afternoon. I took some photos under natural light.

My impression was that the steering for parking was much lighter than with the RH and closer to using stock 15/16 rims. I haven't tried it on the twisties yet since the rear tires need to be changed.

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt1" align="left" valign="top">
</td> <td class="alt1" align="left" valign="top">
10664nsx_volk_park_02-med.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
10664nsx_volk_park_03-med.jpg

10664nsx_volk_park_01-med.jpg

10664nsx_volk_park_04-med.jpg

Cheers .. Gus

Gus

Those rims will make you go 5 seconds a lap faster on the track :wink: (well, at least your car will look better than those terrible stockers you had on last time)

By the way, sign up for March 3-4 at TWS so I can videotape chasing you and recording your terrible lines :biggrin:

Car looks sweet Gus. Hopefully you are not going to be too much faster on the track.:wink:

FYI -- TE-37's only accept the clip in style caps (not including 19" and 20") and do not accept the o-ring "GT" type that have the carbon disc. The ones that you already have are the only ones that work for your sizes. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris i have LE-37's w/ the carbon centercaps? are they diffrent?:confused:

Back