• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Newbie looking for suggestions on rims

I just purchased a 95 red NSX-T and I'm thinking of changing the stock rims for after market rims.
Any suggestions on colors and size?

If you have pics of suggestions, that would be great.

Please keep in mind, I don't want to upgrade my suspension at this time. So suggestions on rims that force me to upgrade my suspension are out for now.

I would say the Advan RS would be my choice righe now! Good luck

After 35 years of modifying my cars and buying wheels/rims/tires that are different from OEM.....my 2 cents is this:

Do NOT buy rims with a different OFFSET from OEM.....and be very very careful if you buy different diameter and width. You want to keep overall diameter the same (tires on rims) and if you make the tires way wider - it WILL handle differently - better in some ways, always worse in others.

The people who design cars like the NSX have millions of $ of computer simulation tools for suspension geometry. They do know how to select an optimized design. If you move away from OEM - it will be different. You might even like the new compromise of looks vs lateral G's vs straight line tracking vs bump-steer. Maybe you won't. Have you ever wondered why there are so many used TE-37s for sale on Prime?

Work Meister S1. EDRNSX1 car below.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1078290&highlight=meister#post1078290

attachment.php

attachment.php

I just purchased a 95 red NSX-T and I'm thinking of changing the stock rims for after market rims.
Any suggestions on colors and size?

If you have pics of suggestions, that would be great.

Please keep in mind, I don't want to upgrade my suspension at this time. So suggestions on rims that force me to upgrade my suspension are out for now.

1. What is your budget?
2. What sizes are you looking for?

If you're not going to bother with the suspension, just keep it stock or stay with the same sizes. IMHO, larger aftermarket wheels are going to look bad. Increased wheel gap just kills the stance of the car. Do it right, or don't do it at all. Suspension and larger wheels go hand in hand. My $0.02.

Last edited:
If you're not going to bother with the suspension, just keep it stock or stay with the same sizes. IMHO, larger aftermarket wheels are going to look bad. Increased wheel gap just kills the stance of the car. Do it right, or don't do it at all. Suspension and larger wheels go hand in hand. My $0.02.

I have to agree with this. Aftermarket rims with the stock (gigantic) fender gap looks kinda awkward.

What are your reasons for wanting new wheels? The stock wheels are actually pretty lightweight and well-made... so if it's just an aesthetic decision, I would seriously consider at least swapping out your springs to help remove the wheel gap.

Another option (if you're just in the mood for a different "look") is to have your stock wheels powdercoated. Prime member oscar_driver did his in gunmetal (I think) and it looks really sweet. Just something to consider :cool:

I bought my 91 with aftermarket rims Simmons rims (OM Series) http://www.simmonswheel.com.au/wheel-range.html (mine are grey instread of red) and stock suspension

I don't have anything to compare them to because I have never driven an NSX with stock rims. My Simmons are 17/18

I am now looking for a 5 -7 spoke rim with no lip like the 5Zigen gravis wheel.
In my research I have found it if you are going to get new rims/tires and you are going to go to a diff size. Save your money and do it right. Get the suspension done when you get the tires. if you are planning on stiffening the suspension or lowering it or whatever, try to do it all at the same time. It gets a little pricey but in the long run it is worth it. I am like you I don't have all the money up front but I am doing my homework and buy things a little at a time so I can put on all the pieces together to maximize the setup. Technology has changed DRASTICALLY in the last 18 years !! There is some good stuff out there... take your time and find the stuff you want

my two cents....

+2

Stock 95 wheels look ok. Lower the car first.

Back