• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Night life in SoCal.

Hey everyone,

As most of you on Prime know I am fairly new to the SoCal region (been here a little over a year).

I hailed from the bay area where I knew a lot of really awesome clubs and had a pretty good map of the night life. I am trying to find out what SoCal has to offer. With work I just don't have the time to really explore like I used to.

I am polling prime to see if anyone knows good places to go for dancing and meeting people. If you know of any really cool locations or activities that you might think I'd have fun with post up!

I'm looking to get out my house an unwind. I don't really enjoy the "bar scene", I don't mind driving to either Los Angeles or San Diego to have a good time so I'm hoping I can get some Primers to help me liven up my weekends.

If it helps I prefer electronic music, but top 40 will do as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:
San diego you would hit up gas lamp district

Oc theres heat ultra lounge, sutra, temptations, shark club, and theres main street in huntington beach, if u want cougars then fox fire

La- theres downtown clubs and lounges and hollywood

Last edited:

Oc theres heat ultra lounge, sutra, temptations, shark club, and theres main street in huntington beach, if i want cougars then fox fire

Those places in OC are clubs and not just bars?

Yes they are clubs/lounges that have dancing too

^^^^ he knows what's up. What ever happen to grabn lunch man :p

Sorry been out if town this weekend, i ll hit u up this week

Oc theres heat ultra lounge, sutra, temptations, shark club, and theres main street in huntington beach, if u want cougars then fox fire

Also in OC I would add Club Ten in Newport beach, Avec in Huntington, and Yost in downtown Santa Ana (play a lot of edm here). Most clubs in OC are small though...

For bigger venues look towards downtown L.A., Hollywood, or gas lamp in San Diego as mentioned before.

If you like EDM on thursdays Sutra has a lot of guest DJ's its not a bad venue there...

Weekend in LA is the typical fare...

Depends on what promotion companies are pushing diff clubs get hot...

The last event at Exchange LA was this past sat and a new venue will be coming up...

If you are into that I would look into promoters like:

http://www.frictionent.com/events/solairpool_20090620.php

http://www.goproductionsla.com/

Also, if you like the more glam scenes...

Drais at the W in Hollywood is always pretty decent...

Thats what I have off the top of my head...

Tommy Trash was just at Yost Theater last night in Downtown Santa Ana! Main street Hb is okay, kinda small though.. Theres some fun spots off Hollywood and Highland, Avalon is one of my fav EDM spots.

Downtown Fullerton is sick though, you will definetly have fun there :D tomorrow is taco tuesday, so all tehh freaks will be out at night at Revolution. $2 coronas and $1 tacos (perfect for this really bad ecomony we live in ^__^).. Theres all kinda of bars and dancing and stuff, and theres always good looking chicks, if you're into that kinda stuff :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tommy Trash was just at Yost Theater last night in Downtown Santa Ana! Main street Hb is okay, kinda small though.. Theres some fun spots off Hollywood and Highland, Avalon is one of my fav EDM spots.

Downtown Fullerton is sick though, you will definetly have fun there :D tomorrow is taco tuesday, so all tehh freaks will be out at night at Revolution. $2 coronas and $1 tacos (perfect for this really bad ecomony we live in ^__^).. Theres all kinda of bars and dancing and stuff, and theres always good looking chicks, if you're into that kinda stuff :rolleyes:

Ahhh yes DTF stands for so many good things...

I live like 5 min away from DTF lol reminds me of college nights...

Thursdays are usually popping too...

Here you go..

Kingdom Saturdays - Grand Opening August 18. 2012

Orchid Lounge and Karaoke Club
607 South Oxford Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90005
For Reservations: ( 213 ) 251 8886
www.orchidlosangeles.com

NSXPRIME MEMBERS GET A 20% Discount

Gonna try to make it to Yost this Thursday...I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Mexiricer: Thanks for the tip on DTF :wink:. It's been a while, but pretty sure I'm still into "that kind of stuff"

Gonna try to make it to Yost this Thursday...I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Mexiricer: Thanks for the tip on DTF :wink:. It's been a while, but pretty sure I'm still into "that kind of stuff"

Oh, rob is always in dtf zone 24/7 lol. Speaking of which rob, when you gona visit or is gas to expensive for you :p

Lol jason jason jason.... When you you gunna visit me eh, or is your turbo nsx broken again :p

That's why he wants you to visit.:wink:

That's why he wants you to visit.:wink:

My work just relocated me to sbe :/
I wish they relocate me by laguna but for the next 2-3 awe full years I'll be here

And the turbo isn't ever broke, not physically running like urs, just very touchy. I think I gona fix it with a new 8 lb spring

Thread bump.

So how is So Cal nightlife treating you? :D

I'm into EDM, so you'll find me at Exchange LA, Avalon, Sound, and Create when I'm not at a music festival.

Back