• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

No Air conditioning

I just bought a 1991 with 29K miles and there's no air conditioning. I've not had a chance to look carefully but all the belts are doing what they should and the compressor is turning. It seems I saw a post somewhere hinting that there is a weak link in the cooling system. Does anyone know what that might be? It would be nice if it needs nothing but a shot of refrigerant.

AlwaysRussian said:
I just bought a 1991 with 29K miles and there's no air conditioning. I've not had a chance to look carefully but all the belts are doing what they should and the compressor is turning. It seems I saw a post somewhere hinting that there is a weak link in the cooling system. Does anyone know what that might be? It would be nice if it needs nothing but a shot of refrigerant.

I got my 95 and the air wasnt very cool at all, I checked the glass eye and there were lots of bubbles, I added 1 3/4 cans and it is cold as ice now. I had to add refridgerant to a 97 vehicle before, it was simply low and has been fine ever since. hope its the same case for you.. might consider doing the r134 changeover.

Back