• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No drill license plate mount options

Just ordered the the Sly Brackets mount and will come back to the thread with fitment and quality.

Carbonio is willing to make one, but would need one of our Canadian owner's cars for a few hours. Might not be the best time of year for this with the arrival of winter.

"[We're] right by Pearson Airport, Rexdale to be exact at the corner of hwy 409 and Martin Grove Rd. If you know someone in the area that is willing to lend us the car for a few hours we could make it work.

I can confirm the SlyBrackets ME (mesh) is compatible, but I ended up using the OEM front bracket anyway.

Did you manage to take any pics?

I don't want to bend my plate, and the CF frame I bought won't bend at all.

No I didn’t take any pics, but if you use this mount you won’t have to worry about bending your plate or frame. With the rain forecast this weekend I may take the time to take pics for you.

too bad your governor is not a sports car guy ..if he was you would not require front plates:wink:

too bad your governor is not a sports car guy ..if he was you would not require front plates:wink:

The outgoing governor? I know he's a "let the state government shut down, so I can have the beach all to myself" guy... Let's see how the incoming governor is.

I also figured the 17 can stand out in a crowd of sports cars that don't have front license plates. I can just say "Mine is the one with the front plate." :)

very true.....you could also buy a little shack in the Poconos:cool:

I can hardly stand the thought of having to put a license plate on the front of my car...... I may have to tolerate the cost of one ticket before I force myself to do it and see how long I can get away with it, so long as it's not a points violation...... When I was young I once drove a whole year on expired plates just to see how long I could make it...... got used to watching for cops in the mirror!

I was pulled over the very day I picked up mine,, cop was cool about it and liked the car but man I wasnt even speeding and everyone on the 401 musta been just laughing at me! plate is now on... BTW the OEM bracket from honda canada was 30 bucks and came packed in foam and double boxed.. well molded and made well for the car.. had to get a VW one for a golf - one crappy piece of flat plastic in a bag with no holes or mount locations or rivnuts for the actual plate- 70 bucks WTH VW??? Crappy tire here I come... 6 dollars later...

.no stems.....no sticks......no sticky icky?????

.no stems.....no sticks......no sticky icky?????

Sounds kinky but...no.

I'll try to get it together to post how I did this. It was stupid simple.

Right now I'm in the middle of a DYI(Damn!, Yo Intoxicated! )

Last edited:
Sounds kinky but...no.

I'll try to get it together to post how I did this. It was stupid simple.

Right now I'm in the middle of a DYI(Damn!, Yo Intoxicated! )
It's after 5PM, go for it Joe!!!

I have the oem bracket but never installed. Sit the plate too high for me.
I wanted it lower but not blocking too much air flow through the lower grille

I used (2) toggle anchors like this.
View attachment 169110

But FIRST I coated them with a zinc chromate primer (rattle can is fine)

To make sure the plate does not vibrate and abrade the grille where the plate comes in contact I did the following:
I used a 5" piece of vacuum hose, the same I used in my 1996 on the top of the throttle body.
I slit it, and put on the top edge of the plate.

I then test fit and then put a couple of pieces of foam (you could use small rubber feet) one on each side where it touches the black grille.

I used the first grille opening below where the indents(drill guides L&R) which line up to the license plate holes perfectly.

Screw it almost tight, adjust and tighten but don't go nuts and over torque. It's not a lug nut.

Simple.

The waiting for the primer is what takes the most time. I was done in <20 minutes.

I'm waiting for my new Blue/white NY plates to better compliment the car.

Last edited:
I'm going to make another soon. This will consist of a firm plastic bracket with the traditional license plate nuts on each end.
Slide up behind grille and attach plate.
I'll source out the soft rubber pads for where the plate meets the black grille. Something like this.View attachment 169130

Attach to the rear of the plate at car contact points.

next for you in retirement...no bake cheese cake...

Back