• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No Soup!!!

Story first. I was at the gas station filling up. I was driving the TL not the NSX. A red Ferrari 308 pulls up behind my car. I tell him beautiful 308 and that I own a 91 Acura NSX. He didn't seem to know what a NSX was by the look on his face. Anyway I comment on how his paint looks immaculant and asked him what he did as far as detailing. He said wet it wash it dry it. No soap. I repeated no soap. "Son for as long as I owned this car I personally have never used soap on this car. As long as you wash it regularly you should never need to use soap....I take that back I use soap and water on some of the harder spots to get out like road tar." Other than that he says he waxes it every 3 months. His car looked immaculant.

I don't know about you guys but it kind of feels wrong not using soap and just water. Like showering with out using body wash or soap. So has anyone else heard of not using soap? No Soap!!! Sacrilage!!!

IMO I wouldnt trust a guy giving me car advice who has no clue what an NSX is.

The main reason to use soap on a car is that it acts as a lubricant when removing the dirt, even dust on a "clean car", so that it doesn't scratch the paint. So.... this guy doesn't know what he is talking about. :rolleyes:

The main reason to use soap on a car is that it acts as a lubricant when removing the dirt, even dust on a "clean car", so that it doesn't scratch the paint. So.... this guy doesn't know what he is talking about. :rolleyes:

^^^^ this

I think this guy was bullsh!tting you. I'd like to observe him wash his car after I smear some dirt on it. :biggrin:

Back