• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Noise in the front driver side of the car

Ok, I am at my wits end here. When I start my car (it has been in a heated garage for the last 4 months) but I remember hearing this before I stored it for the winter..... I hear s sound that .... doing my best here... "sounds something like a warn out hard drive in a computer spinning up" in the front driver side of my car !!
I can't think of any other way to describe it. it will happen several times stop and then start again. IT seems to be random (pressed the brake to see it that stopped it, reved the engine, etc). I haven't seen any lights come on yet. Is there a pump of some sort for some hydraulics or something in the front of an NSX?
Sorry for the bad description. I just have never heard anything like this before. If anyone has any suggestions as to what this could be please let me know. If not I guess it is to the Acura dealer.....

The description the OP gave sounds nothing like the clatter of the ABS pump. He said it was a "spinning up" sound. I don't know what that means, but the ABS is a distinctive ratcheting, clatter sort of sound.

Maybe it's his antenna going up? (and he's mistaking it's location?) :confused:

Every Honda ABS pump I have ever heard has a "whirring" sound which I guess could be interpreted to be like the sound of a HDD spinning up. Be glad you are hearing it because when you don't, that's not good. What a Honda tech told me is that you NEED to activate the ABS occasionally to keep the fluid circulating thru the system and not just sitting in the accumulator and gumming it up.

Every Honda ABS pump I have ever heard has a "whirring" sound ...

But have you ever heard an NSX ABS pump sound like that? Every NSX ABS I have heard sounds like a bag of 1" ball bearings dropping onto a formica counter-top from the top of a five-story building. Or something like that anyway.

do you have your windshield wipers on or off on your car? if they are off make sure your windshield wiper switch is not on intermitent!!!

But have you ever heard an NSX ABS pump sound like that? Every NSX ABS I have heard sounds like a bag of 1" ball bearings dropping onto a formica counter-top from the top of a five-story building. Or something like that anyway.

lol, i hope mine never makes that sound :eek:.

Nope. I'd say if any ABS pump sounded like "a bag of 1" ball bearings dropping onto a formica counter-top from the top of a five-story building" that it was terminally f@#ked.:smile:

Mine sounds like putting a wrench in a metal fan... its loud as hell. But it goes away and it doesn't bother me... I get all sorts of weird looks tho when it happens hahah

Back