• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Noob

Well, where to start?

My name is Josh and I am hoping to purchase an NSX in about 3.5 years. (I know a good while but 25 = lower insurance)

I currently have a 2001 Berlina Black s2000. Before the s2000 I have had several other Honda/Acura vehicles. List: 94 Integra LS, 97 Integra LS, 94 Civic EX (coupe), 98 Civic DX (hatch), 97 Civic EX (coupe), 86 Civic 1500 (hatch), and the absolut love of my life that I really miss 94 Prelude VTEC.

I hope to be moved up a pretty good bit where I work and be pretty close to done with school by the time I plan to purchase an NSX.

I joined the forums to learn from everyone's experiences and to prepare myself for the road ahead.

This isn't my first forum joy ride, so, no worries I should be good about following the rules and using the search feature. Especially since I hound people on Prelude Zone like I'm a MOD or something.

I hope this forum is more like Prelude Zone then most other forums I am a member of because it has a more family/friendly feel to it then Civic/Integra forums.

Anyway can't wait for some feed back.

Here are a few pics of my Stook.

CC097.jpg

CC095.jpg

CC088.jpg

Some of you might know where those pictures were taken.

Last edited:
Almost 60 views and not one response? :frown:

Welcome, I read it and I was thinking I should greet you but I forgot. So yes welcome, the main thing is to take your time when you buy and you should be happy for a long time.

Welcome, I read it and I was thinking I should greet you but I forgot. So yes welcome, the main thing is to take your time when you buy and you should be happy for a long time.

Thanks, yea I will be taking my time that is for sure.
Thanks for the greeting. :biggrin:

Definitely keep us posted on your progress and feel free to ask any questions that you have that wasn't obvious in the search function.

Will do. Like I said, I wont be purchasing one for a while. I am just hear to look around and learn.

There are some great cars here for sure!

nice ap1. and man is that a list of Honda's you have owned.

welcome to Prime

Lol, thnx. My mom had an Element too... if that counts. :tongue:

And because of me, my girlfriend finally got rid of her 03 Neon (thank the lord!!!) to get a 99 Integra LS.

I just have Honda in my vains I guess.

Your S2K is the hotness. I like the pics. Great backdrop.

:redface: Thanks :biggrin:

Yea, perks of living next to The Dragon.

So basically my dream garage goes like this.
(I'm a pretty simple person lol)

DD: 88-91 Civic Wagova/Shuttle/Wagon wanting 4wd but would settle with fwd

Weedend/Getaway: 97-2001 NSX

Track Car: My current S2000 :tongue:

I'm still hunting down the Civic, I just can't seem to find one around here at all. :mad:

Welcome. I am not sure you should be scheduling your car purchases around insurance rates. I noticed no drop in mine at 25. I believe that is more of an old wives tale versus something that actually happens.

Well, that is a small reason as to why I am waiting that long.

It is more about school, work, and having the s2000 paid for that I am waiting that long.

My insurance I feel like has already dropped a major amount just over the past year.

Last year I had a 2004 Civic 4 door EX Special Edition (That I forgot to put on the list lol) And my full coverage insurace on it was $250 a month... It's $140 a month on my s2000.

Well when you get an NSX then stop by and leave your thoughts and comments,, but till then I think there is a S2000 site you can go to instead! LOL nice ride though and mods?

Just a k&n drop in filter and widder tires.

Yea, I hope the time flies.

Nice, since you come from a 94Vtec Lude love, you'll feel like HOME on the NSX, somehow I feel like the S2000 -although an amazing car and much better than any prelude ever made- doesn't have that 90's feel that the NSX has and the Prelude somehow has it .... I can't explain I just fell it ...

Oscar

Welcome to the forum!

Nice S2K, I agree with the other poster that said I would not base my purchase on insurance rates, also consider the cost of repairs/maintenance.

In any case they are great cars and this is a great forum, lots of good advice and not a lot of bickering per se as seen on other forums. Maybe this is just reflective of the general demographic of this forum versus some of the others.

About insurance, believe or not I pay less insurance on my 97 NSX than the 2002 S2000 .. go figure.

Oscar

Welcome. I got my first ('91) at 23 after I just got out of school. I have to tell you I was too young to appreciate it. Although I'm not a lot older, its been 6 years, there are many things I appreciate now.

For one, build quality is better than any (newer) car I've owned.

Second, design. I'm in love with the NSX's lines, old school mixed in with timeless beauty.

One thing I loved then and a top reason I got my second...the sound at 8,000RPM:smile:

I'm gunna go out on a limb and say purchase one as soon as practical. They aren't getting any younger, labor rates are going up, and life just isn't complete without one in the garage.

Nice, since you come from a 94Vtec Lude love, you'll feel like HOME on the NSX, somehow I feel like the S2000 -although an amazing car and much better than any prelude ever made- doesn't have that 90's feel that the NSX has and the Prelude somehow has it .... I can't explain I just fell it ...

Oscar

Yea, I like late 80's early to mid 90's cars.

Welcome to the forum!

Nice S2K, I agree with the other poster that said I would not base my purchase on insurance rates, also consider the cost of repairs/maintenance.

In any case they are great cars and this is a great forum, lots of good advice and not a lot of bickering per se as seen on other forums. Maybe this is just reflective of the general demographic of this forum versus some of the others.

Cost of repairs and maintenance I will not worry so much about. I will do all the physical labor and parts I will just have to pay for. :rolleyes:

Those pictures were actually on Chillhowee Dam.:smile:

Yup!!!

Welcome. I got my first ('91) at 23 after I just got out of school. I have to tell you I was too young to appreciate it. Although I'm not a lot older, its been 6 years, there are many things I appreciate now.

For one, build quality is better than any (newer) car I've owned.

Second, design. I'm in love with the NSX's lines, old school mixed in with timeless beauty.

One thing I loved then and a top reason I got my second...the sound at 8,000RPM:smile:

I'm gunna go out on a limb and say purchase one as soon as practical. They aren't getting any younger, labor rates are going up, and life just isn't complete without one in the garage.

I don't think I am to young to appreciate it.

I really wouldn't mind purchasing one that needs a little bit of tlc so I can put myself into it. I love just being involved in my cars and knowing them inside and out. I feel like I could really express myself with an NSX.

Last edited:
Cost of repairs and maintenance I will not worry so much about. I will do all the physical labor and parts I will just have to pay for. :rolleyes:

Well its obvioulsy going to help that you are going to do the repair work yourself but parts are still expensive and a lot more so than your average honda. I am not trying to discourage you, just want you to be aware of the cost of ownership...recently there was a thread/debacle of one owner who could not afford tires...that's a whole story in and of itself though.

Well its obvioulsy going to help that you are going to do the repair work yourself but parts are still expensive and a lot more so than your average honda. I am not trying to discourage you, just want you to be aware of the cost of ownership...recently there was a thread/debacle of one owner who could not afford tires...that's a whole story in and of itself though.

Ouch, yea that would suck. That's the Econ for you. :frown:
I should be fine to get one within the next few years without any financial worries. Lucky for me I have already landed the company I will be working for for a while. *knock on wood*

Welcome. You are headed in the right direction if you are on this board. I probably lurked here for at least 3 years or so before I found my way into an NSX.

I wonder, have you made it to any of the Cars & Coffee meets at European Auto Garage? I've had my black NA1 at quite a few of those and remember seeing at least a couple of black S2Ks.

I also autocross a Red MR2 with the ETR region (most of whom live Knoxville-ish) if you've been out to any of those events.

I'd love to be able to tell if I recognized your car, but the internet-gestapo have blocked most of the image hosting sites at work :mad:

Back