• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NOPI Nationals Replacement

As many of you may know, NOPI Nationals has been cancelled for financial reasons. Well the Atlanta Motor Speedway understood the value of this show and has decided to take it over themselves and call it “Motorsports Nationals”.

Motorsports National www.motorsportnationals.com will take place the same weekend and the same format as the NOPI Nationals on September 20-21. Obviously they're still trying to work out all of the details but I wanted to get started seeing who wanted to participate.

NOPI weekend is usually a good turnout for NSXs. (about 15-20) I would like to see that again this year. I usually don't park with the other NSXs because my car is contractually obligated to a particular sponsor, but this year I am going to forgo this responsibility and hang with my other NSX brother and sisters.

Who can we put down on this list? Please add yourself

1. ARFNSXTC – Alex Farrington
2. Bigboy
3. Coldhammer - James
4. MT - Tank - Paul on Saturday
5. NSX DAWG - Brian
6. 2-Saw - Dean
7. 2Fast4U - Romeo <--- that's right...he's back!

Last edited:
Ill be there with some sort of non honda eye candy. And hopefully ill have a finished dvd for everyone with all the stuff from last years show. Assuming I can get off my butt and finish editing out the garbage and that ulgy red nsx with its big ass gt wing and abnoxiusly loud exhaust ;)

Last edited:
I hope you guys all have a great time. I will not be there this year. I'm going to try something different like Germany :biggrin:. CYA next year

Alex, I'm going to check my schedule and get back with you. :cool:

I hope you guys all have a great time. I will not be there this year. I'm going to try something different like Germany :biggrin:. CYA next year

It better be the German version of NOPI and I better see you a$$ there!!!

I just got my LoveFab System and I have to show you what real Forced Injection is all about!!!

It better be the German version of NOPI and I better see you a$$ there!!!

I just got my LoveFab System and I have to show you what real Forced Injection is all about!!!
OH NO YOU DIDN"T JUST CALL ME OUT!!! LOL
You guys have fun this year. I need to get outta here for a while... Yes Tony SEMA is on this year

I will be there with generator, fans and ,gas., and x box and flat screen again. Who had the hotdog maker that was soo choice. Charles we are going snowmobiling again this year, Alex which package did u get the $8000.00 or the 15000.00. I have heard nothing but great things about LOVEFAB. Do you still have stock clutch? HP? I suck Im never on this board anymore.

Last edited:
OH NO YOU DIDN"T JUST CALL ME OUT!!! LOL
You guys have fun this year. I need to get outta here for a while... Yes Tony SEMA is on this year

Well I am sorry I am going to miss you.

I will see you at SEMA then and perhaps I will talk to you about power ;)

I will be there with generator, fans and ,gas., and x box and flat screen again. Who had the hotdog maker that was soo choice. Charles we are going snowmobiling again this year, Alex which package did u get the $8000.00 or the 15000.00. I have heard nothing but great things about LOVEFAB. Do you still have stock clutch? HP? I suck Im never on this board anymore.

Nopi / Motorsports might be inside the GICC down on camp creek. I think I will find out next week.

We have renames the badget kit to Stage 1 or 3, Cody is still deciding. This was the 8995 kit plus installation up in Michigan. I love LOVEFABs system and already I am looking for ways to safely increase the power.

I still have the stock clutch until EXEDY sends me my new Race Clutch. It should have been in today but I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

My rush is I am leaving Sunday for the Rally. I would like to have a new clutch but my old one "should" hold up for the entire run. (Famous Last Words)

Count me in for Saturday.
Couldn't get in until late last year but will be able to make the start this time.
Just checked the motorsportnationals website . I presume we are going to group together outside in the park.

Since this is a new format there may be some NSX-ers who are skeptical about making the trip. So let's add something to it!
Who is interested in a spirited North Georgia mountain ride on Sunday??
The mountains are slightly more than an hour away from the airport and are calling my name. Not sure I can wait until November/December.

Paul

Wow I just read this post, but I already canceled my time off ... I have only missed two shows since 1995 and I have been so bummed over this cancellation. I am glad there is a alternate show but it is too late for me now. (comming from DC) I really hope to be there next year.

i am not going to enter my car after all this year. they have some new rules in place that you cant take your car out of the show until the end of the show each day. Given that the show could run till 9pm or later i dont want to deal with that.

Ill just swing by to check it out saturday and see how it turns out. If anyone is getting together afterwards i am in for that as well.

The cars should be safe inside.
I do believe they have full security with surveillance.
Its been a while since I have even been to nopi.
but, I am a car nut.. I don't know if I can enter mine in time,
but, I am trying to clear my schedule for the 21 to spectate.

The cars should be safe inside.
I do believe they have full security with surveillance.
Its been a while since I have even been to nopi.
but, I am a car nut.. I don't know if I can enter mine in time,
but, I am trying to clear my schedule for the 21 to spectate.

You can register up until the day of the event.

I just spoke with them at NOPI, opps, I meant Motorsports Nationals, and they have room for up to 2000 cars on the inside and about 3000 more outside.

You can register up until the day of the event and I believe it is $55 for both days for 2 people.

I am going to try.
its just really hard ( time consuming ) to load her up on the
car trailer, unload.. then sunday nite... get her back on the trailer.
by the time I get home in savannah it would be like 4 am...
Havent really decided on entering her yet.. but am considering to spectate at this point. Does anyone know what time you can get your car out on Sunday?

You should be able to pull your car out a lot earlier on sunday as the shows usually shut down a lot earlier (prob around 7). Saturday night is the big party night so the the show runs a lot later.

I am going to try.
its just really hard ( time consuming ) to load her up on the
car trailer, unload.. then sunday nite... get her back on the trailer.
by the time I get home in savannah it would be like 4 am...
Havent really decided on entering her yet.. but am considering to spectate at this point. Does anyone know what time you can get your car out on Sunday?

Trailer???

Drive your car up here from Savannah.

I believe on Sunday you can get your car out about 4pm.

you really cant go anywhere in ATL area with the NSX..
the roads are usually awful. (pot holes)
I am really not familiar with the roads to where I can go and where I can't..
Moreover, The turbo Setup I have don't allow me to drive in the rain..
Its fine for like sprinkles here and there but, Dont want to take a chance on heavy showers going to or comming from.

you really cant go anywhere in ATL area with the NSX..
the roads are usually awful. (pot holes)
I am really not familiar with the roads to where I can go and where I can't..
Moreover, The turbo Setup I have don't allow me to drive in the rain..
Its fine for like sprinkles here and there but, Dont want to take a chance on heavy showers going to or comming from.

Fair enough

Back