• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NOS kit...any cheaps ones out there?

I've seen the RM NOS kit and I like it. It seems complete and it looks like they did their homework when designing it for the NSX. However, I do not need their carbon air filter kit(or do I?) since I have another filter.

So my question is, does anyone else make or produce an inexpensive NOS kit? Like I said, I like RM's design(especially the ash tray mod),and if it wasn't grouped with their air filter, then I might consider it.

Has anyone ordered the RM kit without the carbon air filter?

Thanks for the help

------------------
Richard
<A HREF="http://www.guam.net/home/superg/nsxtasy.htm" TARGET=_blank>
NSXTASY</A>
1BADRX7

You can pick up a ZEX Kit for around $450, i used it for my Acura Legend, and it activates during WOT. my 1/4 miles before zex was: 15.6 and with was 14.3.
www.zex.com

Nitrous Express is popular among imports also.

Originally posted by Veleno:
However, I do not need their carbon air filter kit(or do I?) since I have another filter.

So my question is, does anyone else make or produce an inexpensive NOS kit? Like I said, I like RM's design(especially the ash tray mod),and if it wasn't grouped with their air filter, then I might consider it.

Has anyone ordered the RM kit without the carbon air filter?

Thanks for the help

Yes you can order the RM kit without the filter but you must drill your intake to accept the NOS spray nozzle.

Speaking of nitrous kits, anyone know the difference between the RM nitrous kit and the kit NOS makes for the NSX? The kit by NOS is only $500 while the RM is $1500. The only difference i know of is the price, and RM has a nitrous pressure gauge, astray switch mounts, and the intake.

The kit available from NOS will not have the dash switches for sure. As for the rest of it, it is very similar. RM does not make any of the components except for the ashtray switches. The rest of the kit is a simple NOS 5115 (I think?) kit used on Mustang GT's. I made my own system as I was not going to spend the $$$ for RM's, plus I already had the carbon fiber air filter. I copied my kit right after the RM one, horn activation and all, and I have less than $500 in my kit (electric opener and all). I did buy my kit from my neighbor who was trading in his Mustang for $250. I then added the fuel pressure cut off switch (which turns the NOS on above 4000 rpm, or cuts it off if your fuel pump goes south when the NOS is on) and 3 switches that I put in the ashtray.

The kit is working very good and I am making 300 HP to the wheels with no other mods to the car. My best time at the track was 13.01 @ 110 mph with a crappy 60' time (didn't want to launch too hard) I hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by James Cruz (edited 22 January 2001).]

Back