• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

notification of replies after my reply...possible?

On some other forums, they have a feature that gives you the option to recieve email notification of any future replies after yours. It's just another option like the other "options" under the message box when you post a reply/new message.

Any way to include this into the coding?

I'm sure some would think it's the same as the "pink folder" color which means there has been other replies since you last visited, but it's convenient if you only want to visit that one particular post without having to log onto the forum.

Just a thought
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

That features is not supported w/ this software.

The closest is that the originator of a thread can request to be e-mailed on all replies to the thread.

That feature drives me nuts. You post to a hot topic and then get bombarded with an email every time someone else posts. If 20 people post that day you'll get 20 emails.

Originally posted by ilya:
That feature drives me nuts. You post to a hot topic and then get bombarded with an email every time someone else posts. If 20 people post that day you'll get 20 emails.

I've been on boards where you receive only one email regardless of the number of subsequent posts. If you return to the thread, and subsequently there are more posts, you get one email, and so forth.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Back