• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSteXpo 2004 - Official Schedule

.....I counted 6 cars for the dyno.....AndyVecsay

Just to clarify, I'm 50-50 on the dyno. I have not yet adjusted the fuel map with the new pulley.

Oh, one other thing - how is my last name spelled? :cool:

Sterling Acura is doing the tech seminar? Do they even have an NSX tech?

Hey you barefoot, ignorant, redneck :D bring your car and you can present the tech show about your monster turbo. Now that's what I'm talking about. Throttle, baby!

Yes is the answer to your question. He used to work at McDavid. Not Scott though. Have you guys figured out what the 2 seminars are going to be yet? I have to know this so that I can account for my shop properly.

David is getting there. It takes time to get the full deal done. He knows his stuff pretty well though. I have one other guy that's pretty good on NSXs too, and we got him from an aftermarket joint on South Lamar. Crazy idea, but this guy is good on our cars.

I am so screwed. I just talked to SOS and my new exhaust probably wont be here in time. So my car is sitting here with no exhaust on it. I could weld up some straight pipes off the headers but man would that be a loud 50min drive to Austin. I will know more next week.

chriswtx said:
I am so screwed. I just talked to SOS and my new exhaust probably wont be here in time. So my car is sitting here with no exhaust on it. I could weld up some straight pipes off the headers but man would that be a loud 50min drive to Austin. I will know more next week.

Chris,

try finding someone with a stock exhaust laying around! I would let you have mine, but its here in Houston. Do what you gotta do, but make it to TeXpo! :p :D

- Z

chriswtx said:
I could weld up some straight pipes off the headers but man would that be a loud 50min drive to Austin. I will know more next week.

Actually it’s not bad when inside the car. It is deafening loud though for anyone behind the car if you’re on the gas. It would be possible to drive the car like that for a weekend but make sure the straight pipes extend past the rear bumper cover or the exhaust fumes will melt the cover. Brad and David will be heading up Saturday morning from Houston (3 hr drive) and both have this set up.

You just need to give everyone w/in a mile radius a heads up b/f you try to dyno it like that. :D

Paul said:

You just need to give everyone w/in a mile radius a heads up b/f you try to dyno it like that. :D

Brad and David are coming and Chris might also have straight pipes?!! I'm bringing ear plugs!!!

NSX FoYoAss said:
I'm bringing ear plugs!!!

That's a damn good idea Z, I will have to pack some too!

I know there will be several other cars there with test pipes that plan to dyno. Test pipes, even with a muffler, are pretty loud.

I would like to make it official. As of today, Sterling Acura of Austin is proud to announce that Scott Caffey has now joined our staff of techs. I think he can be here for this weekend's plans too.

kurt_bradley said:
I would like to make it official. As of today, Sterling Acura of Austin is proud to announce that Scott Caffey has now joined our staff of techs. I think he can be here for this weekend's plans too.

darnit.... u guys just had to get the nsx tech AFTER i get my car serviced... haha jp.... haven't been hearing any ticking and the car hasn't blown up yet so i guess everything is good...

aye yay yay... (out-of-towne guests!?!)

1 Chriswtx probably just Saturday dyno, seminar and drive
2 Todd is in for drive and dinner on Saturday - no seminars or dyno
3 Bob (TxGator) Seminar, dinner and drive
4 Nick (Fastrunner) Seminar, Karting, dinner and drive
5 gil (synergy004) dinner, drive, dyno, video everything
6 Andy & Janet - if I get my fuel map done, the dyno.....all else too
7 Kurt Bradley - in for everything
8 Mike (BlKeViL) Seminar, Dinner, Drive and Dyno.
9 Jim (AR) in for everything (will not Dyno car)
10 Susanne (missnsx) seminar, dinner, drive
11 Umar (Osiris_x11) dinner, drive, photo-ops'
[A.W.O.L. at times due to family visiting for the weekend :(]

NSX ATX said:
darnit.... u guys just had to get the nsx tech AFTER i get my car serviced... haha jp.... haven't been hearing any ticking and the car hasn't blown up yet so i guess everything is good...

So when are you going to come get those tires put on? I still have them sitting here.

From Houston

We are leaving approximately 2:00 PM on Friday, for a relaxed pace (unless we see a bogey :) ) drive up 290. Normally, I take 71 but construction, if not traffic, is pretty bad on the south side of Austin. I think the hotel is on the other side of Austin. Then again, I've already begun to drink margaritas, so I may very well be confused about what is where. Anybody want to tag along or go an alternate route send me a PM.

I'd like to caravan Friday afternoon also, but it all depends on if I can have my car ready by then. If not, I may have to join the Saturday group. I won't know until Friday morning. :(

Can we get a break down of the 2 groups?
Friday group - what time, where?
Saturday group - what time, where?

Saturday group

Hey Z -
I can 100% speak for eveyone else, but I'm heading up there Saturday morning @ 7-8AM. I believe both Brad and David will also be heading up there around that time, possibly even earlier. You are more than welcome to drive up with us if that better suites your needs (ie: you get your car back late Friday afternoon) -

Either way, let me know -
Darren

Dyno info

MZM, the dyno shop, asked me to remind the folks who will be dynoing: Please be sure to check your tire pressure before you arrive Saturday morning. Make sure your right rear tire has the same pressure as your left rear tire. We have a lot of cars to dyno and want everything to go smoothly. Thanks.

To the Houston NSX'ers leaving Saturday a.m. -
is there a meeting point to caravan to the dyno shop or are we all just running out individually? A caravan would be fun, though it might attract unwanted attention from the enemy.

To the Houston NSX'ers leaving Saturday a.m. -
is there a meeting point to caravan to the dyno shop or are we all just running out individually? A caravan would be fun, though it might attract unwanted attention from the enemy.

I say we caravan. Would AutoLogic be a good place to meet, with Brad's permission ofcourse?(59 S. and Chimney Rock area) I know Brad and David from AutoLogic are both going. So if I dont leave on Friday, I plan to tag along with them....

Back