• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 02 Style Forged Monoblock Feeler

We have been working on a solution for a 17/18 and possibly 18/19 NSX 02 style wheel for awhile. The wheel would need to be a forged monoblock due to the low quantity that would end up being built. Forged monoblocks are also one of the lightest and strongest ways to build low production wheels. The reality about making a wheel for the NSX market is that there is really no one width/offset fits all solution. I have come up with a solution that may (or may not) remedy this issue. We can do the wheels one of two ways. Custom made to order on a one off basis, or, if 5 people can agree on a width and offset we can do that lot of 5 sets for a discounted rate. The pricing on custom width and offset (1 set) in 17/18 would be around $3500 a set, no minimum order quantity needed. For 5 sets, same width and offset pricing would be around $3100 a set for 17/18. Let me know who is interested. I can have the first set built in about 5-6 weeks. Standard colors will be silver, black and gunmetal in both gloss and matte. We can do custom finishes for an additional charge. Here are the initial renderings, we added a bit of concave to the rear, final disc design will depend on end user offset and brake clearance required.

86fuH9z.jpg

Ad5IxBn.jpg

lrhwLD2.jpg

That's very reasonable pricing considering the oem pricing and the used 02 wheel market!

If we can get enough to lower the price at around 2500 I'm in for 17/18 that is bbk friendly! What tire size are available for a standard fender KW equipped 2001?

Last edited:
Will these be strong enough for occasional track use? Will they meet modern DOT standards?

Wow. Definitely interested if the price ends up lowering. 17/18.

Interested!! will like to see what a finished product will look like! Although at $3100 for 17/18, price is a litte steep and out of my budget xD (i understand it is forged monoblock + small production numbers). keep us updated!!

Hi,

i think that the spokes curvature from the edge to the hub need to be higher... they too straight...
obviously this is more visible in the rears.

Thanks,
Nuno

Can the front wheel be concave too?

Hi,

i think that the spokes curvature from the edge to the hub need to be higher... they too straight...
obviously this is more visible in the rears.

Thanks,
Nuno

+1, the 02+ wheels definitely look like its has more curved to it on the spokes. As previously mentioned, hope to see the real thing soon!! very excited as this will be a good alternative to Prodrive GC07J (which have similar OEM 02+ styling - just similar, not quite the same of course).

I'm in. I do agree however with the comments about the curvature. The stock rim spokes curve more where they meet the rim to the point where they are almost parallel to the barrel surface. I think it is important to the look to try to maintain that arc. If we are staying with a 17, 18 I would want an 8" wide front to fit a 235 and a 10" wide fear to fit a 275. If we are going up to 18, 19 the rear I'd want the rear at 10.5"

Todd

nsxot1c is signing up for 20 sets for himself to keep up his wheel collection and fund the group buy! Haha [emoji16]

nsxot1c is signing up for 20 sets for himself to keep up his wheel collection and fund the group buy! Haha [emoji16]

NO! Just 1. I'm selling the majority of all of my wheels/parts soon.

I plan on eventually putting my NA2 back to oem body on white 02+ wheels ala NSX-R and the 17/18 would allow me to run better tire sizes and no spacers!

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news here but you all realize that he may not be able to just add mor concavity so easily. The wheels are most likely being cut from blanks (they look like the same blanks BC forged wheels are coming from given the flat spoke profile) so the process may be limited. Thus it's a process of subtraction versus a start from scratch design like a cast wheel where you are creating a mold. But I am just speculating... Maybe there are some curved blanks out there that will fit the bill.

Last edited:
17x8.0+45 front, 18x10+35 rear

I would love to have 17x7 +42 and 18x9 +40. This is my car with OEM 2002+ wheels on 5mm spacers so now the specs are 17x7 +50 and 17x9 +50, I think extra 8mm in front and 10mm in the rear will make a nice looking setup for relatively conservative ride height. I prefer the idea of sticking to OEM widths since the tires will look nice and square, still plus the weight will not be affected much.

15248097872_1de02160ed_b.jpg

Hub centric would be nice. The challenge will be the width and off set that the majority will jump on. Maybe this should be open to a vote to get the volume discount kick started. Will you be using the Honda stock silver color code? Does anyone know the silver code Number?

Back