• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 1/4 mile numbers

Hi. Don't have NSX, have my eyes on corvette, viper, cobra before I even would consider NSX, but you have a chance to change my mind.

2000 and up NSX, what are the 1/4 mile numbers while N/A? What is rwhp of different engines available with the car? What weight? What's the top speed when not limited by computer? What kind of engine technology is used; vvt, variable runners, multi resonance, etc? How come new NSX is so expensive?

AL

4600cc said:
Hi. Don't have NSX, have my eyes on corvette, viper, cobra before I even would consider NSX, but you have a chance to change my mind...

AL

Sorry Al, but why should I want to change your mind? The answer is simple: Don't get one.

-Good Luck.

Al,

I think you are probably looking at the wrong car. The fastest 1/4 I have seen for a NSX was a 97 coupe. 12.9 @ 110.

It is no where near as fast as a viper or Z06 stock.

To get max performance out of a NSX, visit http://www.factorxengineering.com/

4600cc said:
Hi. Don't have NSX, have my eyes on corvette, viper, cobra before I even would consider NSX, but you have a chance to change my mind.

2000 and up NSX, what are the 1/4 mile numbers while N/A? What is rwhp of different engines available with the car? What weight? What's the top speed when not limited by computer? What kind of engine technology is used; vvt, variable runners, multi resonance, etc? How come new NSX is so expensive?

AL

NA2-97+ (3.2/6MT) cars run high 12s/low 13s, with 250-260 RWHP.

NA1-91-96 (3.0/5MT) run mid 13s with 230-240 RWHP. Targas and autos are a few ticks slower.

Top speed is not limited by a computer, but by drag.

NA1-168 mph, geared for around 183 or so.
NA2-??? I would guess around 172, perhaps more for a 2002+ if it has better aerodynamics. I think they are geared for 190.

The technical info. can be found here.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Technical/TechnicalInfo.htm

The NSX price reflects the low volume and quality of components.

Quite frankly, the tenor of your post smacks more of a troll than someone looking to learn about the NSX. If your primary goal is to be fast in a straight line, as it would appear, the NSX is not a good choice.

Go drive an NSX for yourself. You may find it underpowered, but you may also find its overall quality to be far superior than the faster cars you have mentioned. I know I did.

Dear Mr. Troll,

Allow me to introduce you to two functions on NSXprime.

One is the NSX FAQ, which stands for Answers to Frequently Asked Questions. You can get there by clicking on the word FAQ in the red bar at the top of your screen, the one that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

The other is the Search function. You can access it by clicking on the word Search in the other red bar on your screen, the one that starts with User CP.

If you are looking at 1/4 time as the decision factor then NSX prob isnt for you. the NSX really was meant to be driven on twisty back mountain roads and road courses.

Plus having the motor on your back and air intake sucking in air at your left ear. You can't get that from cars other than some of the mid engine exotics.

Give me 0 to 100 and 100 to 0 numbers. (kph)

From factory, bone stock, does any of NSX qualify for any of SCCA events? Minus perhaps some restraints, tires, and roll cage.

Thanks for the info.

4600cc said:
Give me 0 to 100 and 100 to 0 numbers. (kph)

From factory, bone stock, does any of NSX qualify for any of SCCA events? Minus perhaps some restraints, tires, and roll cage.

Thanks for the info.

I would estimate 0-62 MPH times (0-100 kph) of 5.3-5.5 for the NA1 and 4.8-5.0 for the NA2. Both are geared tall so there is no shift into 3rd whether it is 0-60 or 0-62 MPH, which sometimes results in a large disparity between 0-60 MPH and 0-100 KPH times in other cars if 2nd runs out at 60 MPH. Those times are essentially the same as the 0-60 times, but with .1 seconds added for the additional 2 mph.

I know there are NSXs running in various events. I believe they qualify for one or more SCCA classes, but I don't have that information.

Let me say that it would be interesting to test drive an NSX. I could buy it, the chances are equally good that I would buy something else. Perhaps a 911, perhaps a viper gts, or maybe I'll stick with cobra, I just don't know.

One thing that scares me, at least in this community, is the unpleasantry I had to deal with so far in this post. It makes me question twice the character of NSX driver. I'm a discriminating driver, but what I saw so far is bunch of cry babies. (with the exception of obvious few, to whom I say thank you) A relationship with a car is one thing, but any car is bad if you have sissy owners who reply with rudness. I'm in process of getting a new car which I want to perform on the road course, performance is one thing that will determine my choice, the type of people that own the majority of these cars is another. I just don't want to alienate myself by purchasing a good auto and being disgusted with the clubs available for the insusiast. No hard feelings here, I only looking for the best.

Thanks to all those who gave me the info I needed, I will read some posts and get a feel for everything. I'll also check out any other NSX communities. If I get an NSX you are going to hear from me.

4600cc said:
Let me say that it would be interesting to test drive an NSX...

One thing that scares me, at least in this community, is the unpleasantry I had to deal with so far in this post. It makes me question twice the character of NSX driver. I'm a discriminating driver, but what I saw so far is bunch of cry babies. (with the exception of obvious few, to whom I say thank you) A relationship with a car is one thing, but any car is bad if you have sissy owners who reply with rudness... I just don't want to alienate myself by purchasing a good auto and being disgusted with the clubs available for the insusiast(sic). No hard feelings here, I only looking for the best.

...If I get an NSX you are going to hear from me.

Al, posting in an NSX website that you don't "have eyes" for one is not the best way to start a thread in my opinion. The other cars that you are interested in are very different than the NSX, albeit great cars also. You also asked for answers to questions that are commonly found in the back of magazines and furthermore are very easy to find here.

Also, calling NSX owners "sissy" isn't going to get you much positive attention here.

If you need information about racing why not check out www.scca.com I'm sure you can find all of the rules pertaining to what class an NSX can race in on their web site.

Once again, good luck.

This is THE community for NSX enthusiasts. There really isn't anything else out there, not that you need anything else.

As one of the people who gave you the info you needed, I can understand why some others (including myself) thought your motives might not be pure. We get a fair amount of other-marque enthusiasts that like to come on this site and troll for flames with anti-NSX statements. They often begin in a manner similar to your request for information.

Your original post can be interpreted as a statement that you didn't think you were interested in an overpriced, slow NSX, but wanted us to convince you otherwise and to provide information that already exists in multiple formats on this site and in numerous other sources.

Buy an NSX, don't buy an NSX. I wouldn't let your perceptions of this forum, certainly not from a single day of posting, influence your decision significantly either way.

I will say that I found my car here, have attended a number of events with forum members, and rely on this site for aftermarket purchasing, advice, and the troubleshooting of problems prior to servicing.

4600cc said:
Let me say that it would be interesting to test drive an NSX. I could buy it, the chances are equally good that I would buy something else. Perhaps a 911, perhaps a viper gts, or maybe I'll stick with cobra, I just don't know.

One thing that scares me, at least in this community, is the unpleasantry I had to deal with so far in this post. It makes me question twice the character of NSX driver. I'm a discriminating driver, but what I saw so far is bunch of cry babies. (with the exception of obvious few, to whom I say thank you) A relationship with a car is one thing, but any car is bad if you have sissy owners who reply with rudness. I'm in process of getting a new car which I want to perform on the road course, performance is one thing that will determine my choice, the type of people that own the majority of these cars is another. I just don't want to alienate myself by purchasing a good auto and being disgusted with the clubs available for the insusiast. No hard feelings here, I only looking for the best.

Thanks to all those who gave me the info I needed, I will read some posts and get a feel for everything. I'll also check out any other NSX communities. If I get an NSX you are going to hear from me.

Lighten up hot shot :mad:

Armando

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 939
4600cc said:
One thing that scares me, at least in this community, is the unpleasantry I had to deal with so far in this post. It makes me question twice the character of NSX driver. I'm a discriminating driver, but what I saw so far is bunch of cry babies.
Take a look at yourself. You start out by sounding like you are insulting the NSX. And then you accuse us of "unpleasantry" when we have pointed you to where you can find the answers yourself. :rolleyes: YOU are the "cry baby" who refuses to look in the FAQ (it's an excellent compendium and easy to navigate), who refuses to search previous posts, and who complains about the reaction you receive from others. Your first post sounded like you came here to flame, and now you have proven that impression to be correct.

This community is the best on the planet, bar none. Everyone will help you as much as they can - but only if you try to help yourself first. Try it (instead of whining).

4600cc said:
I just don't want to alienate myself by purchasing a good auto and being disgusted with the clubs available for the insusiast. No hard feelings here, I only looking for the best.
How dare you call me an insusiast!
:D :D

All joking aside, if it's 1/4 mile numbers you are interested in, you probably will be better off with the Viper or your Mustang with mods.

4600cc

This Forum has the most resources and references for its dedicated model (NSX) I've seen since the FC3S RX7 forum. Some BMW forums is pretty good too. But you can almost find most of your question answered here.

This statement kindna set up a bad tone for the thread.

We all Love our cars here. I doubt any of us needed convincing because of slower 1/4 mile numbers.

Last edited:
92NSX said:
Is your screen name from a 4.6l Mustang?? Not trying to start a fight but just curious.

I was thinking the same thing . . .

I doubt the 4.6 is exactly 4600 cc.

dude, you come in here and talk about how you don't want an NSX but you want its 1/4 mile numbers and then you talk about other cars you want...well, get a viper or a z06 or an 03 cobra if you want a 1/4 mile competitor. But get used to the "me-too" conversations: "You have a z06?? me too!" "you have a cobra? me too!" not so much with the vipers.

You want a good comparison? check out the 2 lambos, the ferrari, the porsche, and the m3 vs the NSX R.

Hey troll how old are you? Based on your verbal skills you are either a kid who does'nt know what he's talking about and who would be better suited to a vomit green ram air trans am with 24" spinners and zebra print interior. Or, you are a kid who won the lotto,has rich parents, or inherited some cash. Either way, you don't deserve an NSX and don't understand this incredible machine. Go find another website to start a debate,those who support this website,and own this type of car, really don't need trolls bringing up such discussions... ;)

If he thinks we're rude, let him post the same message on any Vette, Mustang, or Viper Forum and see the results. Monitor will probably vaporize by comparison to our "offensiveness".

Back