• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 website

The nsx2 prefix is just a sub-domain "mirror" of the main site that is typically used for beta-testing and is pretty standard practice. Usually admins do a better job of not letting the beta "leak" publicly though. Anyways it will still exist after the primary domain goes live and will serve as a load-handler (reduce the server load so we don't get another healthcare.gov incident). Having used www2's before I'm almost positive all requests submitted through nsx2 make it through.

www.nsx.acura.com and nsx2.acura.com are essentially the same site where currently the only difference between the two domains is that one url is designated the countdown timer for the unveiling...you guys basically discovered the backstage pass and got to meet the band before they show :tongue:

This makes sense. You're probably right about the two sites being used for load balancing.

Thinking about the options the only possible "must haves" are....

Paint upgrade
Power seats
Tech package
Michelin tires

Nearly all the others are extremely overpriced "dress up" options that only marginally improve the look of the car.

priced out with all the options is 50k over msrp. and will depreciate alot on the resale

For sure. A fully optioned car will depreciate a lot faster than a base car. "But it needs more carbon fiber and alcantara! And dammit why is there no diamond stitching option?" :)

More budget minded buyers of the car should be glad all those overpriced options exist. Buyers who choose all the options are subsidizing those who buy only the base model.

my point is you cannot buy a "base" MSRP car as you would be getting a car with no brakes ;) the MSRP at the moment should be 165+ as you cannot buy the car without a 10 K brake option.... thats just BS....(and frankly false advertising and marketing when the comms people say the car will start at 155.)

And dammit why is there no diamond stitching option?" :)

More budget minded buyers of the car should be glad all those overpriced options exist. Buyers who choose all the options are subsidizing those who buy only the base model.

LOL. Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the stitching pattern. That dresses the interior up so much.

And I think you are right about the base pricing. If Acura only sells base NSXs I don't see how they are making any money. Definitely priced to get you in the car when you look at the tech offered!

Oh and regarding the "official" config site, it looks great but they still have not updated the car's dimensions!?!

Right now they have it about 7 inches wider than an Aventador! Yeah Right. Maybe they need to at least delegate the proofreading for the website back to Japan lol.

Last edited:
The buyer/seller frenzy on the new NSX reminds me exactly like when the 1st NSX came out......time took care of that - big time!

Don't get the carbon fiber options, they are not worth it. Had an AUDI R8 with the carbon fiber and it was almost pointless. When it came to selling it, the base AUDIs were getting almost same price on Ebay as the decked out carbon fiber ones. Also, I felt it was more of a downgrade. Certain places the carbon fiber just didn't look as good.

The carbon ceramic brake requirement is a HUGE negative. Carbon ceramic brakes only work well if they are well heated up on a race track. They actually work worse than standard brakes when driving on the street. Not sure why Acura doesn't give the option to swap it out, doesn't make much sense to me.

This car is stupid... 34000 in carbon fiber alone....

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get the carbon fiber options, they are not worth it. Had an AUDI R8 with the carbon fiber and it was almost pointless. When it came to selling it, the base AUDIs were getting almost same price on Ebay as the decked out carbon fiber ones. Also, I felt it was more of a downgrade. Certain places the carbon fiber just didn't look as good.

The carbon ceramic brake requirement is a HUGE negative. Carbon ceramic brakes only work well if they are well heated up on a race track. They actually work worse than standard brakes when driving on the street. Not sure why Acura doesn't give the option to swap it out, doesn't make much sense to me.

Idk when you sold your R8 but carbon fiber def commands higher resale

Please tell me what is stupid about a manufacturer understanding what they can command a premium for?

They know buyers of this car get high on CF and Acura is allowing them to get a good legal buzz on.

i like carbo ceramic brakes and skipped the rest of it for my build.

Please tell me what is stupid about a manufacturer understanding what they can command a premium for?

They know buyers of this car get high on CF and Acura is allowing them to get a good legal buzz on.

i like carbo ceramic brakes and skipped the rest of it for my build.

... do i even need to respond to you... you just said you skipped the rest... meaning you didnt get any carbon fiber options... you just contradicted yourself...

and no the manufacturer does not understand, because Im not, and A LOT of others will not pay 20% the cost of the car in very minute carbon options

2. You have to buy the $2900 carbon fiber interior package in order to get aluminum pedals. The rubber coated pedals look lame so I'd really like the metal pedals.

This one cracks me up in particular - when I was at NSXPO 2 years ago sitting at the dinner table with the design team they asked me what one thing I would do in NSX2 that wasn't done in the NSX. I pointed out the cheap looking pedals that I swapped out for aftermarket aluminum pedals and pointed out how the *little* things that Honda did to cut corners just made their flagship car appear cheap next to a Ferrari. You know how much it costs to get aluminum pedals in a Ferrari? Oh ya, that's right they don't put cheap rubber pedals in a Ferrari.

Looks like they only heard 1/2 of what I was saying and missed the spirit of it entirely. :(

Last edited:
Maybe not the Primers, but there are buyers who will pay for those options...

If there are buyers who are willing to buy a 160k car for 210k for some carbon fiber options, they should be shot and have their wealth taken

Last edited:
Just did a cursory check of the 2012 "Price is Right" thread where forum members were to guess the base MSRP when the car is released. 66 out of 67 of those who responded to the poll bid too low.
gdae was closest ($165,000) without going over.

Back