• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX 60K + clutch

I found a 1991 NSX in dallas that I am interested in. The car has 65K miles and the 60K service has not been done. The owner also says it will need a new clutch shortly. The sidebars are painted red to match the car, but the roof wasn't done. I find that a little odd. Anyway, he wants 29,000 OBO for the car. What do you all think?

What kind of costs am I looking at for the clutch and 60K? Is there somewhere in the dallas area that is good for doing this work? What are my best options to keep the costs down?

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

The car has 65K miles and the 60K service has not been done.

Not a good sign.

The sidebars are painted red to match the car, but the roof wasn't done. I find that a little odd.

Yes, another red flag (so to speak).

Anyway, he wants 29,000 OBO for the car. What do you all think?

I think you should be able to spend a couple more for a car that's more promising (belongs to someone who takes better care of it)... or, maybe you can talk him down another $3-4K or so and then it might be worth it. Definitely some risk there though.

What kind of costs am I looking at for the clutch and 60K?

Around $2K for the clutch, plus $1K for the $60K, as noted in the FAQ.

Is there somewhere in the dallas area that is good for doing this work?

Eric, any suggestions?

What are my best options to keep the costs down?

Don't pay his asking price.

Your best bet is to have me go out and inspect the car, then get it to a dealer for an inspection. I've done a few of these, one just last week that revealed a serious problem that would have otherwise gone undetected.

When I purchased my 91, it needed a "60k" service (based on time, not mileage). I basically ignored the service history on the car and had everything that is in a 15k, 30k and 60k service including the timing belt done all at once. I think I spent $2100 for everything.

I'll email you directly to coordinate an inspection and talk about dealer service.

EDR

Back