• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-ADV5 Build thread!

NSX-ADV5

OK my last NSX I didn't get a chance to do a build thread.I just recently picked up another 92 black/black so here I am starting my own build thread.Just waiting for parts to come in.I haven't start on it YET but I thought I set this up until I get picture ready up for post.I am gonna list the things I will be doing to it.I just got the car so I don't want to over do it but I do have future plans and this is the thing Im doing to it for now.Enjoy my build thread fellas :biggrin:

07102011570.jpg

Exterior mod...

Downforce TCRC Side Skirt
Custom/Modified Wings West Rear Spat & Valence
HID 8000K Headlight Kit
Custom Smoked Front Bumper Corner Lights

Interior mod...

Valentine One Radar Detector
Momo Team Steering Wheel
Momo Competizione Shift Knob
SOS Rapid Steering Hub
SOS Nav Pod
SOS Center Console Double Din
SOS Speakers Door Panel Kit
SOS Floor Mats Charcoal Black W/Silver Stitching
Alpine IVA D900BT Head Unit
MB Quart PVI 6" 1/2 Components 2-Ways
MB Quart PVI 4" Components 2 Ways
Alpine 3554 4 Channel

Suspension mod...

Tein Type Flex Coilovers
Still Debating On the Lift Kit From Umbrella!

Wheels And Tires mod...

ADV.1 Wheels/ADV5 19x8 Front Standard-20x10 Rear Deep Concave
BF Goodrich G-Force KDW2 215/35/19 Front-265/30/20 Rear

Engine mod...

Injen Air Intake
I'm going to keep the engine stock for now!

Furture mod...

SOS Stage 2 Program
SOS Racing Clutch
SOS Twin Turbo Kit
Route KS Widebody Kit
StopTech Trophy BBK

That's gonna be it for now.If any change of plan I will let your know.I will be posting picture up very soon.Soon as everything comes in.Thanks for coming by :biggrin:

Last edited:
Looks like you have quite the list there. What were your ideas for the exhaust?

It will look similar to the Taitec GT Parallel Exit Exhaust System style but probably a bit deeper and louder with some custom tips.Why pay $1500-$2000 thousand dollar for an exhaust system when you know someone that can build you one for not even half price?And do the same outcome.All he do is build exhaust and custom turbo tubing pipe for turbo and exhaust.Anyway,Its hard to explain so I will just post picture up soon as its done to answer you question.

Last edited:
Looks like you have quite the list there. What were your ideas for the exhaust?

Its really not much if you think about it.Sound,kit and rim if you put it all together.Its all the little stuff that making it quite a list.:biggrin:

Last edited:
i wanna see pics:biggrin:

Interested to see how the side skirts and wheels look.

Stephen

Here is my last NSX with similar side skirt with 19 front 20 rear.Kinda of and idea how it would look.Found it here on prime.I don't remember my last SN password so I had to create another one.Here a few pics of my last NSX with difference sets wheels all 19/20....

7982Picture_0181.jpg

DSCN45571.JPG

7982nsx_vsh_image31.jpg

DSCN45581.JPG

DSCN37531.JPG

7982Picture_0081.jpg

Did you order the Madonna kit? I am trying to find the best route.

No I didn't.I talked to GT Theory about getting the kit.He quote me a nice and decent price on the whole deal.I was gonna ship my car over there to do a whole deal on the kit put on and painted but he said it will take a month or two wait to get the kit to him.It is a long wait so I called him back and told him I'm just gonna wait on doing the kit.Plus I just got the car I don't want to over do it and be bored of it.Just gonna do a simple kit for now and enjoy it and do the Route KS Widebody Kit later.No rush I got all the time in the world to do whatever it is i want to the car :biggrin:

where in houston you located, I should show you my SGT build im doing. Yours sounds nice!

I stay in the SW area.I would love to see your SGT build.I was planning on doing the Madonna Route KS Widebody but I don't think I'm ready to take away the OEM NSX look just yet.As of right now I just want a clean and simple look.I will definitely do it later on though :biggrin:

Last edited:
sugarland?

Hey Tyler,

I think we met a few years back when you had your other NSX. Good luck with the build...I'm really looking forward to seeing the wheels.

I've been on the fence about some ADV wheels as well. :smile:

Regards,
- Z

Just waiting for the wheels so I can get everything up and going.Shouldn't be long now.I'm so ready to have my wheels :biggrin:

I received the sides about a week or two ago and today I thought I take it out and test fit them.Man, before I order it I ask Peter over at DF how is the fitment.He told me it fits nice and he is confidence about it too.He wasn't lying,they fit WAY better than my last Marga Hill skirt that i had on my last NSX.Anyway,here is a picture of the skirt installed.Thanks to Peter over at DF!

07122011609.jpg

Back