• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Australia 2013

Are you an Australian NSX Owner?

This message is to alert you to an exciting event that will take place between 17th - 24th February 2013.

Many of you may be aware that there was a 20th Anniversary "Fiesta" held in Japan in November 2010. This event was an outstanding success with about 100 foreigners (including 11 from Australia) attending. The Fiesta is the inspiration for "NSX Australia 2013"

The event is being arranged by the Honda Sports Car Club of NSW.

The event will begin with a "Welcome" cruise dinner on Sydney harbour. The following day, those with cars will drive to Melbourne to catch the ferry to Tasmania. From there we will retrace sections of the "Targa-Tasmania" which was won outright in its first 2 years (1992-3) by the NSX. Needless to say we have a lot more activities planned, which will engage you, let you make new friendships and give you memories to last a lifetime.

We are expecting attendee's from all over the world; Asia, Europe, Japan, USA & New Zealand.

Our main issue at this stage is that accommodation in Tasmania is not abundant. Therefore, we need to book well in advance. That is the reason for this post now. This post is only for Australian NSX Owners at this stage in order to get a feeling for the uptake. We need to have your expression of interest as soon as possible (24th December is our deadline to have a place reserved for you). Please reply to [email protected] and state; A, B, C or D and let us know if you will bring your car.

A) Definitely would not miss it for anything
B) Am thinking about it and may come (need more time and information to decide)
C) Would like to come, but have some other reason that makes it unlikely
D) Definitely won't be there

Those who indicate that they will definitely attend will receive a more detailed itinerary and costing during January. We will need a deposit at the end of February to guarantee your place.

Those who don't want to drive from Sydney to Melbourne (Melbournites, Adelaidians & Sand Gropers) will also be able to join us from Melbourne (with/without car).

After gauging the Australian uptake, we will then be in a position to offer places to our overseas guests. (2010 Fiesta attendees will receive priority).

We look forward to welcoming you all.

Best wishes from the Organising Committee

Iain Riley
Malcolm Michael
Simon & Jane Mitrovich (Simon95)
Nigel Bryan (Nigel Bryan)
Scott Baxendale (NSX9)
Paul Philips (FrogNBoggle)

Its going to be a great event......so when you read this, let any other Aussie NSX owners know, we are trying to reach as many as we can!

I will PM as many as possible over the next day or so.

Cheers,
Scott

This sounds excellent. At first I read it as Feb 2012 and my heart sank as that would not be possible for me, but then I realised it's 2013 ... wow you really are planning ahead, good stuff.

This sounds excellent. At first I read it as Feb 2012 and my heart sank as that would not be possible for me, but then I realised it's 2013 ... wow you really are planning ahead, good stuff.

Great idea to plan it well in advance. We started talking about NSX Fiesta 2010 at LeMans in August 2008.

To the organisers,
Thank you for the initiative, at this stage I'm definitely in and will email my details. For those that haven't attended a International NSX meet, shouldnt miss this event in our own back yard. I've attended an NSXPO back in 2005 and have made friends for life.

Regards.
Nico

Hi Ben,

Great you are keen, will PM you but make sure you register with the link as above. We are trying for some track time, hopefully in Tassy.

Cheers Scott

Last edited:
Hi Hirofumi,

No problem organising a drive for you.....as long as you like Midnight Pearl!! :cool:

Look forward to seeing you in Australia and Seasons Greetings.

Cheers,
Scott & Dean.

Last edited:
Hi guys

Just up dating We have confirmed NSX's from SA. Vic , NSW with even WA thinking about shipping there cars over. So if you haven't payed your deposits and want to drive on some of the best roads in the world with enthusiasts From Australia , Japan , USA and Europe . Then go to
[email protected] and sign up.

below is a copy of what is posted on the General Discussion section on prime and the moment.

Regards
Simon95

Dear Fellow NSX Afficionado's,

This message is to alert you to an exciting event that will take place between 17th - 24th February 2013 in Australia.

Many of you may be aware that there was a 20th Anniversary "Fiesta" held in Japan in November 2010. This event was an outstanding success with about 100 foreigners attending. The Fiesta is the inspiration for "NSX Australia 2013"

The event will begin with a "Welcome" cruise dinner on the world famous Sydney harbour. The following day, those with cars will drive to Melbourne to catch the ferry to the island state of Tasmania. Non-drivers will fly to Tasmania to meet up. From there we will retrace sections of the "Targa-Tasmania" which was won outright in its first 2 years (1992-3) by the NSX. We will arrange time in the local NSX owners' cars for all those who wish to participate. Needless to say we have a lot more activities planned, which will engage you, let you make new friendships and give you memories to last a lifetime.

As an introduction, you may like to view video of the original event; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opwRqmaxxkg

The estimated cost of the event is US$2,400 and is for 7 days all-inclusive from Sydney and ending in Hobart, Tasmania. A deposit of $300 is needed to secure your place. We realise that this is a significant spend, which unfortunately is a result of the overly strong Australian currency. If the currency weakens, any surplus will be returned to attendees.

Our main issue is that accommodation in Tasmania is not abundant and therefore numbers will be strictly limited. Once all places have been taken, we will maintain a waiting list in case of any cancellations. Places will be allocated on the basis of the date that your deposit is received. Please reply to [email protected] and state; A or B

A) Definitely would not miss it for anything
B) Am thinking about it and may come (need more time to decide)

Those who indicate that they will definitely attend will receive a more detailed itinerary. A listing of confirmed attendees will be posted shortly.

We look forward to welcoming you all.

Best wishes from the Organising Committee

Iain Riley
Malcolm Michael
Simon & Jane Mitrovich (Simon95)
Nigel Bryan (Nigel Bryan)
Scott Baxendale (NSX9)
Paul Philips (FrogNBoggle)

Back