• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Australia 2013

Hi Australian NSXers,

Thanks to everyone who has signed up for this event, the response has been fantastic so far and we already have some key international people confirmed.

If you have not already, we really need your deposit for this NSX event in Tassie next year. The accommodation for Tassie is tight and needs to be confirmed, so we need your commitment by this weekend.

Any questions please let us know.

Some additional information for those thinking of attending!!

As well as the "official" event above, some of the interstate owners will be driving back home after Tasmania and are thinking of organising a low key run which you may like to be involved in.

As an example, I live in Adelaide which is 800 kms west of Melbourne, where the ferry returns to from Tasmania. The SA group can drive home via the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, stay overnight in Australia's Best Wine region at Coonawarra (that will get some arguments going amongst the locals!) do some tasting and a Winery tour then head to Adelaide. It might take 2-3 days and any of you would be welcome to join us. I would think a similar scenic run back to Sydney/Brisbane/Perth is possible.

Spots are still available, so get your deposit in now. Please dont hesitate to ask any questions either to one of the committee or through the above link on Prime.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I hope there's a get together organised in Melbourne before the event moves across to Tasmania.

I won't be able to make this epic in Tassie but can't wait to see so many NSXs in the one place.

Just the same It would be nice to see you there. You will witness the largest gathering of NSX's in Australia EVER.

My baby and I will be there.....gotta be one to represent Melbourne.

The itinerary from memory states 8am start from Sydney to Melbourne....aiming for 9pm boarding that night on the Spirit. What time do you think the Sydney contigent will arrive in Port Melbourne?

I'm having a little laugh to myself....it's a fair way in the future....but the thought of so many NSXs gives me goosebumps.

Hi

As it gets a little closer to the date we will have a good idea when most of the cars will arrive. There are cars coming from NSW as well as cars meeting us there from VIC, SA, WA so far.

Over 20 booked in .We are looking at getting into the 30's if possible. Would like to see some from QLD join in. I know it's a long way for them but this will be once in a life time opportunity.

Simon

Hi

As it gets a little closer to the date we will have a good idea when most of the cars will arrive. There are cars coming from NSW as well as cars meeting us there from VIC, SA, WA so far.

Over 20 booked in .We are looking at getting into the 30's if possible. Would like to see some from QLD join in. I know it's a long way for them but this will be once in a life time opportunity.

Simon

Now that would be a a sight to see...30+ NSXs together in the one place. Then add the ones from Melbourne like mine who can't make it across the Tasman...now that's a gathering!

Can't wait !
Syd-Melbourne drive is prob 10 hours with lunch stop and rest stops.
Up to organisers whether a quick meet/photo op before going to Tasmania.

Nico

Hi

Simon

If there is any track time organised then I'll bring my NSX from QLD down and make the Sydney get together on the way. If it's all road time then I'll join in from Melbourne with the road car...

Either way, I'm in for sure and already counted in the booked in with deposit paid. :smile:

Can't wait !
Syd-Melbourne drive is prob 10 hours with lunch stop and rest stops.
Up to organisers whether a quick meet/photo op before going to Tasmania.

Nico

That leaves a good three hours then! :)

Hope organisers can fit this in.......it will be the biggest gathering of NSXs in Aus.

If there is any track time organised then I'll bring my NSX from QLD down and make the Sydney get together on the way. If it's all road time then I'll join in from Melbourne with the road car...

Either way, I'm in for sure and already counted in the booked in with deposit paid. :smile:

Hi AU_NSX

Track time was on our original agenda but at this present time it is not confirmed.

Simon

Hope organisers can fit this in.......it will be the biggest gathering of NSXs in Aus.

Yes, we will be making every effort to get all the cars together before getting on the Ferry in MEL. It would be a lot better if everyone just came along for the trip!!

Scott

Yes, we will be making every effort to get all the cars together before getting on the Ferry in MEL. It would be a lot better if everyone just came along for the trip!!

Scott
Hi Scott,
I would love to come but with all the work i'm doing on my car at the moment i just cant afford it.
I would be intersted in getting together in Port Melbourne and seeing so many nsx's together.

Hopefully, we can all come down in a convoy and arrive together, but with a 10 hour drive and tight timing, anything could happen. Join us in Tassie to make sure you're part of the fun. Numbers are shaping up with not a lot of spaces remaining. Cost will be forgotten long before the memories!
Best regards to all, Paul

That leaves a good three hours then! :)

I wish. I've done the SYD - MEL drive a few times and yes it is approx 900km which "should" take 10 hours, in actual fact it's more like 12 hours with food/fuel stops. Secondly, the arrival in Melbourne will be at night time, not the best photo opportunity...

I'm not an organiser but unfortunately, a Melbourne get-together or even photo opportunity in my opinion is not feasible given the preliminary outlined timetable.

A departure of 6am ex Sydney may work... However, I don't believe any NSX owner who says they can't afford to spend a few days away in Tasmania with the NSX for the 20 year anniversary and once in a lifetime opportunity!!! Given that organisers have given more than one year notice of this event!!!

If your life is THAT busy, it's about time you took some time off! If your saying you can't afford it $$$ wise... Then you bought the wrong car!

Not trying to flame anyone here guys... But SERIOUSLY... think about it!... I missed the Japan trip last year because I was genuinely busy with work... Boy do I regret missing THAT trip!!!

I bet no-one gets to the end and says "gee, I wish I worked more and didn't take so many holidays... I could have left my kids and relatives so much more in my will..." :smile:

Agreed with AU_NSX!
I think this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I dont think there will be another national NSX meet/drive as we dont have the numbers and our distances.
I went to the NSXPO in 2005 and I made friends who I still keep in touch to this day. The NSX community is one of the most friendly and unified car communities in the market.
Melbourne guys have less reason not to come as NSW, SA and even QLD.

So what your saying Mike is if a person cant afford the trip to Tassie they bought the wrong car?
Are you nuts?
Some people may have more important commitments they need to focus on.
Its funny, ive heard that a few times on prime "Maybe you bought the wrong car" Give it a rest. Each to their own i say.

So what your saying Mike is if a person cant afford the trip to Tassie they bought the wrong car?
Yes that is exactly what I'm saying! Look as you have listed all the mods your currently undertaking in another thread, I reckon your on the wrong side of $40K in parts alone less the install, and 3 weeks in Thailand... If you tell me that you can't afford $1K in a years time for the Tassie trip, then I'm telling you, you have bought the wrong car! (Actually I just don't believe you! I don't think you bought the wrong car! :biggrin:)

Seriously, if you don't want to come that's ok! Some people really do have other better things to do, or they're just not interested in spending a week driving and talking cars...

Are you nuts?
Am I nuts? Absolutely! Certifiable in fact! Just ask anyone who knows me... :biggrin:

Personally, I'm really impressed with what your doing to your NSX and really would like you to come to show us your completed project!!! :smile:

LOL:smile:
I'm not joking when i say i cant afford it at the moment and i would really like to come.
There's nothing more i would like to do than talk cars but im not sure how much the install will cost me.
Maybe further down the track i will see if there are any spots available.

I think we are probably both nuts with how much we've spent on our cars:eek:

LOL:smile:
I'm not joking when i say i cant afford it at the moment and i would really like to come.
There's nothing more i would like to do than talk cars but im not sure how much the install will cost me.
Maybe further down the track i will see if there are any spots available.

I think we are probably both nuts with how much we've spent on our cars:eek:

Yep! Totally agree! I'm same as you... I justify it by knowing that I'll never sell mine either :wink:

:smile:

Agreed with AU_NSX!
I think this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I dont think there will be another national NSX meet/drive as we dont have the numbers and our distances.
I went to the NSXPO in 2005 and I made friends who I still keep in touch to this day. The NSX community is one of the most friendly and unified car communities in the market.
Melbourne guys have less reason not to come as NSW, SA and even QLD.

You are 100% correct with the NSX comunity being so friendly and unified, even though we have a small number of cars in Aust it is amazing how easy it is to talk, meet and enjoy the cars.

I would hope this wont be the last National get together but it might be one of the few times we have some very interesting International guests join us! It was getting all the NSX nuts from here, USA, Canada, Japan and Europe together that made the Japanese 20th Anniversary so fantastic.

Anyway, if anyone is still thinking about joining us in Tassy, its still available.

Cheers, Scott

Dear Organisers,
Can we get update on this. I just bought a new business and need to plan in advance of full itenary. It's coming up fast!

Cheers.
Nico

Back