• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Bodywork Referral?

Hey Guys,

I just got my NSX back from DownForce, and I need a bodyshop to do some body work to get the front end pieces and sideskirts to line up a little bit better, and paint it. Does anyone know someone with NSX experience? I can drive the car to them to take a look at it and get an estimate, but I'm just nervous about who I choose to do it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks, Jarrod

Thats a good question. I think Tom's done the most research in this area with sometimes painful results. He at least could tell you who to stay away from. PM him. Also I know Joe (BigBrown) was doing similar work at one time because he wanted a NSX to measure stock panel gaps by whoever was doing his body work.

Hey Guys,

I just got my NSX back from DownForce, and I need a bodyshop to do some body work to get the front end pieces and sideskirts to line up a little bit better, and paint it. Does anyone know someone with NSX experience? I can drive the car to them to take a look at it and get an estimate, but I'm just nervous about who I choose to do it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks, Jarrod

Can't wait to see the car Jarrod. I've heard Tucker Performance is good. What ever you do, don't go to Southwest Classics on Decatur. Be careful who you select, because you may find yourself paying someone else to do the work all over again, like I had to with the S2000. If you want more information on other body shops I've dealt with, send me a PM.

TG

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the info Tom. I've got one place in mind that has a lot of NSX experience, has great referrals from someone I trust, and I'm going to check them out very soon. I'll provide their info once I know more.

Jarrod

Hey Guys,

I've found the man who I know will do a great job with bodywork and paint. His name is Mike at Rollin Art.

http://rollinart.wordpress.com/

My NSX has been there getting fitment and block sanding, and his work is great so far. He's done NSX body work before, and I've seen the other cars he's done in person. I'll bring it out for the EOS Showcase for sure, which is August 17 in Boulder City from 5-10 pm.

Anybody know someone looking for a stock NSX front end? Front bumper, fenders, hood, headlights all for sale.

Jarrod

Ok, here's a couple pics of the front end. Its a DownForce FRP front bumper, and fenders which are 10mm wider than stock. Downforce Carbon Fiber Type-R Hood, and DownForce ABS plastic front lip.

Mike at Rollin Art did all the fitment and block sanding, and after paint it has one round of color sanding and buffing. More color sanding and buffing to come. The DF TCRC side skirts are also done. Still has to finish the rear diffuser and mount the wing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back