• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Brunch in Chicago (June)

Considering having An NSX brunch in June
any takers? Notice the date change! I didn't realize that there was an event on the 27th!

Last edited:
great idea

I'd go, but just not that weekend :(

Several folks are planning to attend the CGI event at Gingerman on Monday 6/28. I'll be front-ending that with a 3-day track event (HPDE/club race) at Putnam Park in Indiana.

There is another BMWCCA event at Gingerman event on the weekend of the 20th also.

Re: Date change -- June 20th

YellowNSX said:
I changed the date!~ was not aware of any other funtion that weekend!
June 20th (Sunday) is the US Grand Prix -- F1 @ Indy.
I'm not going this year, but would be up for a gathering at a place with a big screen TV :D

################

Having started the off-tangent discussions on track events, I suggest we move these to another thread, to keep Rick's "brunch" thread on-topic. Sorry for the inadvertent hi-jack Rick ;)

brunch + F1 viewing (6/20) ??

T Bell said:
Now that sounds like a plan!
Rick -- any of the possible brunch places have a big TV / viewing area we can hang around in afterwards ?? Maybe do lunch/brunch, get some chat time (including any obligatory bench racing :) ), then sit and watch the race ??

Yes, June 19 and 20 is the track event at GingerMan by the Windy City Chapter of BMW CCA, and several of us will be there.

Alright then since I have you attention what WOULD be a good weekend for a Brunch.....thinking around 1PM for those going to church! And.......you might have noticed that I didn't put a location in. This too is up fpr debate!

YellowNSX said:
what WOULD be a good weekend for a Brunch.....
Manuel is probably the only one going to that track event on June 27. Other than that, I would guess that some folks have plans for the following weekend, since it's a holiday weekend, but the rest of July is a possibility...

some of us (SJJ28 and myself for sure) will be at the Windy City BMW Tirerack/Yokohama challenge on the June 26th/27th weekend as well. The more NSX's the better by the way!
Aaron

I'll see you at gingerman that weekend.

nsxtasy said:
Manuel is probably the only one going to that track event on June 27. Other than that, I would guess that some folks have plans for the following weekend, since it's a holiday weekend, but the rest of July is a possibility...
There are a few other NSXs that occasionally attend this Bluegrass BMW HPDE/Club Race event (2-3 red 91s), but most of them are non-Prime users.

If TV race spectating is of interest, the rest of July has 3 F-1 races on SpeedTV. The France GP (Magny-Cours) is on 7/4, the Great Britain GP (Silverstone) on 7/11, and the Germany GP (Hockenheim) on 7/25

Works for me...

Whatever date we end up with - thanks for taking the initiative to set it up, Rick!

AaronR said:
some of us (SJJ28 and myself for sure) will be at the Windy City BMW Tirerack/Yokohama challenge on the June 26th/27th weekend as well. The more NSX's the better by the way!
Aaron

I will be getting married in Canada that weekend....but I wonder if I can have a stand-in so I can make the track event?? Hmmmmmmm.... ;)

Re: July 18 sounds good.

nsx1164 said:
Can't speak for "everybody", but sure does work for me... :)
Thanks Rick.

I think I can make it as well...let me know.

YellowNSX said:
How would July 18 work for everybody or are there events that weekend as well?

If I still own an NSX on July 18th.........I am free that day :)

meeting

I just bought an NSX and would like to get together. 18th is open for me right now as well.

Back