• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Color Preference.

Hey guys as you know I'm still on the market for my NSX. I really want a red one but the black one is starting to grow on me. I'm being really careful in what I buy. Most are asking $30K with 100k miles. Getting to my question. I'm looking at a pre 95 to stay within my budget which body color do you guys prefer? Some of the black one's I've seen had some sun fade on the roof and by the door handle. I know that there cars are almost 14yrs old, but you can't really tell. Does red stand from sun fading much better than the black one? Has anyone bought an NSX from eBay before? Risky or Safe?
Your input is appreciated.

Last edited:
joeker said:
which body color do you guys prefer?
Get the color that you prefer.

joeker said:
Some of the black one's I've seen had some sun fade on the roof
Does red stand from sun fading much better than the black one?
Not on the roof, which is identical on the pre-95. :D

That's right nsxtasy... 91-94 all have black tops!! My bad. Now if I'm looking for a car that has the fading on the roof, is that an easy fix, by taking it to a body shop and repainted?

I'm with NSXTasy.... choose the color you like best! :) . About ebay, some pointers would be to read the sellers' feedback (positive/negative,high# of sales/low#, and individual comments). Also , I would think it smart to get a phone number and speak with them , as well as making sure they're located in the United States....

Good luck and Enjoy !!

MiamiMermaid, I see that you had a '92 NSX that was stolen, where was it stolen?

joeker said:
That's right nsxtasy... 91-94 all have black tops!! My bad. Now if I'm looking for a car that has the fading on the roof, is that an easy fix, by taking it to a body shop and repainted?
Some 94s have green roofs. :biggrin:
Steve

I bought mine on E-bay over a year ago. I took a chance in buying a car I'd never seen or driven (in fact I'd never driven an NSX in my life, I just loved the way they looked). The seller was reputable, and the transaction worked out fine. Use a reputable shipper, or go get it yourself and drive it home. Mine was in Florida, so that really wasn't an option. I would suggest finding out what maintenance has been done; especially as it relates to the timing belt. Also do your homework regarding the snap-ring issue in the early models. There's a ton of information in the FAQ. I was pleasantly surprised to find the transmission in my car had been replaced at about 50K. Other than that, just pull the trigger and enjoy that magic day when the truck shows up with a sexy beast just waiting to please you :rolleyes:. OK, maybe I'm a little too close to my car :redface:.

Oh yeah, IMHO there is no color but Red for an NSX. Also a black roof repaint is not a huge deal as there is no color matching issue.

joeker said:
MiamiMermaid, I see that you had a '92 NSX that was stolen, where was it stolen?

Hey there. Yep, it was stolen here in Miami about 5 years ago. Woke up to go to class, and ended up walking around the parking lot (at my friend's condo-which is gated) 5 times. I was in shock. But when I was 16, my first car, Mustang 5.0 Convertible, was stolen too. I've had bad luck. Since then, I've installed the GPS device and a good alarm.

My top 3 choices are:

1) Red
2) Red
3) Red

Everyone makes the mistake of buying a black car once in there life :biggrin:

MiamiMermaid said:
Hey there. Yep, it was stolen here in Miami about 5 years ago. Woke up to go to class, and ended up walking around the parking lot (at my friend's condo-which is gated) 5 times. I was in shock. But when I was 16, my first car, Mustang 5.0 Convertible, was stolen too. I've had bad luck. Since then, I've installed the GPS device and a good alarm.

Sorry to hear that. Hey, what comes around goes around... bastards.
thanks for your input.
cheers

You should be able to find an NSX for less then 30k with much less then 100k miles on it. You should be able to find an NSX with less the 70k miles on it for 27-29k. There are a few on the classifieds in this site even.
Good luck!

i like black

or yellow

I think you will find its really more about the ind. car over color.
I was looking for black with ivory int initially.
(It would have been my 2nd Black car) But once I started looking
around and driving cars for sale, color took a back seat to cond &
History. I ended up with a mint 94 in re-sale Red. No regrets. :biggrin:
Would have also jumped on Silver or White. I was also interested in a non
Black Int. Start shopping around, you might find color is not your number one consideration.
Also as great as a freshly detailed Black car looks its easy to forget how much work is involved. :tongue:

Don't know what kind of drugs all these other guys have been taking, but Brooklands Green Pearl is obviously the superior color in every regard. Not only that, but owners of Brooklands Green NSX's tend to be smarter and better looking.

;)

Nice car!! Where did you get the new leather for your seats, they look great?

Thanks emdoller, I believe they are from leatherseats.com. They also have some with "NSX" sewn into the headrests. I've been very happy with these so far. They run a lot of sales on eBay. Do a search on NSX Leather Seats, and they may have some up for auction.

bodypainter said:
Don't know what kind of drugs all these other guys have been taking, but Brooklands Green Pearl is obviously the superior color in every regard. Not only that, but owners of Brooklands Green NSX's tend to be smarter and better looking.

;)
I definitely agree with you on that :biggrin:

My preferences:

1. Red w/ red top
2. Red w/ black top
3. Silver
4. Black
5. White

It sounds to me like you're looking for a red car with a matching red top. If that's the case, you'll have to go 95+ or you could paint the roof to match (you'll have to budget another $1K-$2K for that). If you like the matching top style and you don't want to repaint then black is the way to go with pre-95 cars (unless you find a unicorn... a.k.a. green). I considered a few black NSXs before getting what I wanted... all red.

Sorry guys/girls, black NSX's (if clean) are the baddest and sharpest cars on the road. Of course, I'm a little biased.

Back