• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx convert into nsx-t

Hello

Just would like to know if anyone have converted an nsx to an nsx-t?

I would love to do this! Can it be done? how much? and what parts do I need?

Thank you

Jop

I remember someone in MD has a 1991 with a targa conversion :wink:

Don't do it, sell your car and buy a T. Probably save money that way.

Vance

I have a 92 conversion. My buddy wrecked his 97 NSXT and I bought the top of his car. I paid a local Honda dealership to weld the top. It strong and I can't tell the difference between mine and my brother's 1995 Targa. Paid Honda $2000 to do it. Didn't have to pay extra for paint because both were formula red. Let me know if you have other questions.

jopjop said:
Hello

Just would like to know if anyone have converted an nsx to an nsx-t?

I would love to do this! Can it be done? how much? and what parts do I need?

Thank you

Jop

Why stop at a T?

How about a NSX to F50? I saw it somewhere on the web. Someone should put a link to it here.

I hope you meant NSX-Turbo.

If you are thinking about chopping the top off, please don't do it, sell the coupe and get a real NSX-T.

Vancehu said:
Don't do it, sell your car and buy a T. Probably save money that way.

Vance

I agree dont mess up a coupe...if you want a targa top you should have bought one in the first place....... :cool:

If I'm not mistaken, the B-pillar (aka life saver in a rollover situation and body stiffener in general) consists of at least 5 (maybe 7?) seperate layers of aluminum between the walls. Only the outside 2 layers can be welded to the car when a roof is replaced, leaving at least 3 supports in the middle attached to nothing, which I think would substantially reduce the safety and stiffness of an NSX. If you don't care about the safety, rigidity, or retained resale value... go for it. But I think it would be better and pennywise to just buy a '95T. If you have to have a T but it's out of your price range - look for a salvage T thats been rebuilt - if repaired well it will still be better than a coupe whose top has been chopped. Whatever you do, please spare the coupes!!!

Back