• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX disrespect

....Even reading all of these gets me heated! I know for a fact I would loose my cool. I'm pretty bad at staying calm in situations like that. It's sort of embarrassing, but I almost lost my shit when I came out to the parking lot after work and heard the SEDAN next to me open their door right into the side of my '07 Frontier which is my DD. I probably wouldn't have been so pissed if the pompous broad didn't deny it after I said something to her. Luckily paint transfer and dents don't lie and base security saw it my way....

There are just some things a man owns that you just don't mess with!

cmon Dave what you did'nt say was the old man was Lee Haney...:biggrin:

See, my wife doesn't understand why I never drive my car where I have to leave it unattended or out of sight. I know it is just a car but no one treats your stuff like you do. I would like to say that I would break bad on someone for sitting on my car, but I probably would pass out before I got to them from being so mad.

See, my wife doesn't understand why I never drive my car where I have to leave it unattended or out of sight. I know it is just a car but no one treats your stuff like you do. I would like to say that I would break bad on someone for sitting on my car, but I probably would pass out before I got to them from being so mad.

Just happened a little while ago at In-N-Out burger... of course, as usual I parked out way in the back of the lot, away from everyone...

zkofQh.jpg

P3o2Ch.jpg

SQsUOh.jpg

That's right, bring your massive dumb truck all the way out into the empty back corner of the parking lot, hang the nose over the white line... and stop a hair's breath from my NSX. If I can read your license plate reflected in my clearcoat you're too goddamn close.

Seriously, how do I know he didn't just roll up until he heard a light "clunk", then back off slightly?

I'm not proud to say this but after he licked his fingers and kept acting disrespectful i probably would have snapped and wiped the car off with his face

Maybe he'd think twice the second time...................Or have a heart attack. Not a nice human being in general.

cmon Dave what you did'nt say was the old man was Lee Haney...:biggrin:

Lol. No I saw him at my old gym. Not this one. And if he sat on it there isn't much I could do about it.

- - - Updated - - -

How did you know he was 75? Are you familiar and know him? Do you two have some history?

Just a guess. Never seen him before. I hope not to ever see him again. He was finishing a round of golf.

When you read some members questions and statements sometimes the best response is no response. They clearly are here to argue. Maybe they have been around paint fumes too long

Went Christmas shopping at the mall this afternoon, took my F250 cause my Audi is at the shop, and sure enough when I came out, some jerk off scratched the side of it. If I ever caught the person doing some stupid s!?t like that it wouldn't be lights out, I think I would just snap their wrist.

I've been to an exotic car meet when I noticed that there was a group of people standing around my car looking like they were too close for comfort. I walked over and some guy was checking my paint thickness. I had met this guy a few times in the past, but essentially didn't know him from Adam.

I walked over and asked him how thick my paint was as he was trying to put the thickness reader away slyly. It wasn't until I asked him a third time that he pulled it out and measured it for me again. I was not impressed and it kind of ruined my morning how a fellow NSX owner could do that to someone else's car. By the way, the paint is pretty uniform, except the front bumper.

There's a lot of people with complexes out there. Some people are just dumb and aren't thinking, others are mad because they made a choice 20 years ago to smoke weed instead of reading books.

This sums it up for all you school kids out there.....

To the OP, I'm Glad you didn't "accidentally" kill the old man and you are certainly not going to win any awards for beating on a 75 year old man but....
DAMN.... You got serious self restraint not to. :eek: Not for him being ignorant and sitting on your car but for his reaction to you "asking" him to get off your car, then him "licking and wiping his fingers" on it!

You are a good man for not having to type your post with a state issued ankle monitor on, and just a warning to the people of Atlanta...
I'm willing to wear one!:biggrin:

I was at a car meet the summer before last and left my NSX for a while to check out the other wheels. The top was off, but I set the alarm, just in case. About 15 minutes later I heard the alarm go off and returned to my car to find some idiot had popped the lock button and was getting into the car. I ran over and immediately asked him what the hell he was doing. He then proceed to walk around the car dragging his hand across the paint. He came very close to requiring medical attention. He wasn't a spectator either, as he had a car in the paddock. What's with these morons? When I approach someone else's car, I approach with my hands behind my back so that they can feel comfortable that I can be trusted near their car. Spectators suggest I should have just decked him, but good judgement prevailed.

In the past taking any of my cars to rough neighborhoods was a safe thing, but while at higher "middle class"($$$) places or above those were the places that my cars suffered from spit, a cracked mirror on the Testarossa, a cigaret left burning on my 328gts and years later on the Gallardo.

Another time a man came inside Game Stop where I was shopping as he was looking for the Ferrari owner, he started to bother me by asking if I thought I was better than him, blah blah blah... Almost ended in a fist fight.

Once I was chased by a man threatening with a gun while I was driving the F430, reason unknown.

Two pages of insults were left on my windshield as I came to my car from a movie.

An off duty cop followed me home to threaten me if he ever saw me speeding in the neighborhood. Said to be afraid as he had many friends.

Got caught off in traffic by a mustang and for no reason he slammed on the brakes almost making me crash. It was an undercover state trooper looking for trouble.

My list of jerks is endless, in the 25 years of driving exotic sport cars and I'm only 41.

Last edited:
I was at a car meet the summer before last and left my NSX for a while to check out the other wheels. The top was off, but I set the alarm, just in case. About 15 minutes later I heard the alarm go off and returned to my car to find some idiot had popped the lock button and was getting into the car. I ran over and immediately asked him what the hell he was doing. He then proceed to walk around the car dragging his hand across the paint. He came very close to requiring medical attention. He wasn't a spectator either, as he had a car in the paddock. What's with these morons? When I approach someone else's car, I approach with my hands behind my back so that they can feel comfortable that I can be trusted near their car. Spectators suggest I should have just decked him, but good judgement prevailed.

you and netviper are some really good people because it couldnt be me. between someone licking their hands and rubbing my car or someone getting in it at a car show. both times it would have been a very bad day for both people.

the only time ive had an issue with mine was a guy in a mustang shouted an insult about my nsx as he drove by. i just laughed.

Last edited:
Well I can say I'm pretty heated just imagining someone doing this.

I'm positive no restraint would have been shown from me, my cars are like my children.

This reminds me of the incident that caused me to stop daily driving my NSX...though I did not actually witness it.

The company I worked for at that time had an office located on the Third Street Promenade and we had to park in the public lots. For whatever reason, the City of Santa Monica decided the lot adjacent to our office was too full, so they made us park at the larger lot a block to the south. I was already irked because I could not check on my car from the office because we had observed tourists leaning against a few of our cars, posing for photos on more than one occasion. Making matters worse, we would often work late into the night...and walking down the dark alleys in the wee hours of the morning was no fun.

So, how do you think I felt when I left work late one night only to find my NSX bathed in spit (or some other bodily fluid) and with hand prints smeared across the driver-side window and door?

Last edited:
I think we need the law to be more flexible and allow citizens to kick some major butt to discipline the scum of the earth.

This happened yesterday at a vegan restaurant's parking lot.

I was there first. So much for treehuggers being respectful of mother earth (with that huge honkin' truck). :biggrin:

Luckily I saw someone in the truck, and I asked her to back up the behemoth as I was parked at an incline and I didn't want to accidentally roll forward and make contact.

2013-01-21_1.jpg

2013-01-21_2.jpg

2013-01-21_3.jpg

I gotta say that if I had repremanded the old dude and he then proceeded to make more of an ass out of himself I would have had to go out there and have a talk with him. I don't like confrontations like that but the idea of clicking the alarm button - now that was a great idea. Not sure if an old NSX can do that from the phob? But if it was possible that is a good ace! The guy was a real jerk - how old was he - was he some big hell's angel looking creep - if he was I can maybe see why you didn't go out there. LOL. He was still a huge AH!

A few months ago, I was at a local meet and while walking down a long isle of nice looking cars toward my beauty, I spotted some 13 to 15 year old boy opening the passenger door of my car and starting to enter. Before I could yell and run to kick his @$s, his mom halled off and smacked him hard on the back of his head in rhythm to what she was yelling at him. It was so surreal that I stopped and watched as she made him close the door. She just kept yelling at him and other people stopped to watch as well. There is nothing I could do that would top that punishment so I went to the car and wiped the brat's fingerprints off. She saw me wiping the car and said she was embarrassed and appologized for her son's stupidity and lack of respect. I didn't quite know how to respond or react to her. I just nodded and locked my car. Hopefully the kid's mom taught him a lesson he'll remember. A kid that age should know better anyway.

Back