• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX FIESTA: 20th Anniversary celebrations in Japan

kye

Contributing Member
Dear Friends,

Next year as many of you know will be the 20th Anniversary of the car that we all love so much.

Hirofumi Tomiyoshi (president NSX club of Japan), Simon Batters and I (Kye Prigg) are taking the lead to help make it possible for a limited amount of NSX owners outside of Japan to join.

There is a possibility for around 30 of you interested from outside of Japan to join this event and see some other parts of this wonderful country at the same time if you wish.

The event will be held on a Friday and Saturday or a Sunday and Monday within September 2010 or in early November 2010 at the Suzuka circuit.

The exact dates cannot be decided at this time because the race calendar for 2010 is not yet set. We expect that we will be able to firm up the dates in February 2010 with Honda and the Suzuka circuit.

The rough idea for the itinerary looks like this

Day1(Wed)
"Prologue"
Arrive in Narita
Move to Tokyo
Check in hotel. We recommend staying in Shinagawa area.
(ex. Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa)
http://www.princehotels.com/en/takanawa/

Day2(Thu)
"Welcome to Japan"
Free Sightseeing and shopping in Tokyo by yourselves(Akihabara,Asakusa,Odaiba,Ginza etc).
http://www.hatobus.com/en/index.html

Welcome party in a live house(ex. kentos) Stay in Tokyo

Day3(Fri)
"HONDA tour" by chartered bus
Aoyama welcome plaza, Tokyo
Collection Hall, Motegi
Activities in Twin Ring Motegi
Return to Tokyo
Stay in Tokyo

Day4(Sun)
"Track event" Move to Suzuka by Shinkansen.
20th anniversary event in Suzuka
Stay in Suzuka circuit hotel

Day5(Mon)
"Technical event"
20th anniversary event in Suzuka
Visit to Factory booth for "NSX Refresh plan"
Stay in Suzuka circuit hotel

Day6(Tue)
"Social event" by chartered bus.
Sightseeing in Ise and Shima.
Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology
http://www.tcmit.org/english/ Move to Tokyo by Shinkansen.
Stay in Tokyo

Day7
"Farewell"
Check out your hotel
Move to Narita
Leave from Japan

What I would like to do with this forum is start a discussion on firstly who is interested to join and secondly what would you like to do while in Japan if you had 7 days here and thirdly what ideas do you have for the fiesta itself (Tomiyoshi san is still firming up plans with Honda)

All comments and feedback/ideas are welcome. I will keep a separate excel sheet with name of people who tentatively would like to join.

Thanks, regards,
Kye

I am definitely interested. I'll think about it a bit and give some ideas for activities.

Thank you to everyone working to make this happen!

Count me in! I can also volunteer to provide assistance in leading the group around, or any other assistance I can provide from the US side.

Very interested in attending this event, will keep an eye on the thread for more info.

Thanks
Scott

My wife & I are definitely in. So many things we could do. For those interested, JIMTOF, the Japan Machine Tool Fair (The machines that make cars, etc) is on at Tokyo Big Sight Oct 28~ Nov 2, 2010. http://www.jimtof.org/eng/index.aspx
Also, I may be able to arrange Plant Tours. Let me know what you'd like to see. (Examples; Honda Engineering Co at Saitama, near Tokyo or the Mazda Motor Museum and the Atomic Bomb Museum & Peace Park in Hiroshima)

Very interested and very excited - just need to know specific dates so we (wife and I) can book the plane tickets.

For those interested in shipping their cars over (once in a lifetime opportunity to track at Suzuka), is there any discussion w/ Honda about helping owners ship their car to this event?

Last edited:
Hi all,

man.... this forum will lead me to bankrupcy pretty fast :tongue::tongue:

interest is not my problem, as i have tons of it, but money is, as usual...
... so what kind of costs can we expect?? beside plane tickets and hotel, which i understand we got to get on our own.

Thanks,
Nuno

Pencil me in as well, but why only 30 people?

Last edited:
Why only 30 people?

thats how many real hsc's they have to give to each visiting participant:biggrin: I'm also interested.

I'm more than interested.

Any other single guys thinking of going? I'm sure the nightlife in Tokyo would be fun

This would be a trip of a lifetime for any NSX enthusiast. My wife and I are definitely going if allowed to (invited) by the Japanese NSX Club and Honda.

How will the 30 people be determined? I am almost sure that more than 30 will want to participate.

Wei-Shen

...and thirdly what ideas do you have for the fiesta itself (Tomiyoshi san is still firming up plans with Honda)

I'd love to be able to see and hear one of the Super GT NSXs and hearing from either of the drivers, team managers, etc. A drive around in one at Suzuka would be even better.

I'd love to be able to see and hear one of the Super GT NSXs and hearing from either of the drivers, team managers, etc. A drive around in one at Suzuka would be even better.

A ride while the driver is Zanardi right?

Count my father and I as DEFINITE if allowed. I could help as well from the U.S. side (east coast of U.S. perhaps??). Let me know Kye or Hirofumi-san.:smile:

I'm more then interested, also. Would like to see anything and everything available.

I'm more than interested.

Any other single guys thinking of going? I'm sure the nightlife in Tokyo would be fun

If September, then i'll be single. :cool:

If November, then my wife might want to go. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back