• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX FIESTA: 20th Anniversary celebrations in Japan

Hopefully it will not mess with NSXPO 2010 in Las Vegas Oct 28-Nov1 and SEMA. Might be lots of traveling for the wife and I. Did someone say something about going broke ;)

F1 race at Suzuka is tentatively planned for October 3rd and the Super GT race is provisionally planned for October 23-24 at Twin Ring Motegi. Either of those would be fun to see.

Last edited:
Any other single guys thinking of going? I'm sure the nightlife in Tokyo would be fun

I'm definitely interested in going, depending on the dates, my project schedule, etc.

I'm sure we could get into all kinds of trouble :biggrin:

Dear Friends,

Hirofumi Tomiyoshi (president NSX club of Japan), Simon Batters and I (Kye Prigg) are taking the lead to help make it possible for a limited amount of NSX owners outside of Japan to join.

To Kye, Lud and Simon,
Thank you very much for your support about this event.

To every NSX Prime users,
This forum is very useful for me, too.
Please post your questions, opinions and ideas.

I mistook the estimation of attendance. We can accept over 30 from overseas. Sorry!

I am very happy to get so many response about this.
I am looking forward to seeing you next year.

Best regards,
Hirofumi

Please add me to the list of interested folks.

Wow I forgot this is being so close to NSXPO 2010 also.

I am interested in attending, along with my girlfriend. I'm just waiting to hear official dates as we also plan on attending NSXPO. I'd also need more details as I'd like to make more definitive plans and budget accordingly.

Hello All,
Thanks for the great interest so far and ideas. I am collecting every ones names in a spreadsheet and will be communicating with Tomiyoshi san on numbers etc to work out exactly what the limits are.

Regarding shipping cars to Japan, its not impossible but my experience of bringing my Acura over here is that it is very expensive, there might be some way to work with Honda etc to do it cheaper by avoiding import tax and registration - will check that. Another idea would be to pair people up with Japanese owners that would like to also attend the 20th anniversary NSXPO, you drive mine I drive yours etc ... just a thought.

As some posters mentioned, the nightlife in Tokyo is fantastic so if that's your thing don't worry about not being able to fun here if you don't want to do the other things mentioned.

I also have an idea to set up a go-karting race between Japan and America owners at the new tokyo circuit in Chiba - that would be a good time also.

More to follow, keep your ideas etc coming.

Thanks,
Kye

Hello All,
Thanks for the great interest so far and ideas. I am collecting every ones names in a spreadsheet and will be communicating with Tomiyoshi san on numbers etc to work out exactly what the limits are.

Regarding shipping cars to Japan, its not impossible but my experience of bringing my Acura over here is that it is very expensive, there might be some way to work with Honda etc to do it cheaper by avoiding import tax and registration - will check that. Another idea would be to pair people up with Japanese owners that would like to also attend the 20th anniversary NSXPO, you drive mine I drive yours etc ... just a thought.

As some posters mentioned, the nightlife in Tokyo is fantastic so if that's your thing don't worry about not being able to fun here if you don't want to do the other things mentioned.

I also have an idea to set up a go-karting race between Japan and America owners at the new tokyo circuit in Chiba - that would be a good time also.

More to follow, keep your ideas etc coming.

Thanks,
Kye

Thank you, Kye-san.

I agree with you.
And every members may drive my NSX if they can drive RHD.
I never recommend to drive in central TOkYO.
Go-karting is good idea.

Hirofumi

Just throwing out ideas...it'd be great to get tours of Mugen/M-Tec, Spoon, etc, and maybe some of the Autobacs stores.

Your 'action'-list reads itself like a dream to me. I'd love to join but won't be able, sorry. LeMans last year is my limit, Japan is too much stress for me. I'm hoping for RSO34 for pics. :)
I'm in Europe. If you need a connection to hondansx.de let me know.

Back