• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX FIESTA: 20th Anniversary celebrations in Japan

Yes,

These are normal (second class) seats on "NOZOMI" N700 series.
I think they are narrow for you.

Hirofumi

Quoting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nozomi_(train)

N700 series
(All cars non-smoking, except for smoking compartments located in cars 3, 7, 10, and 15)

←Hakata Tokyo→
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
NR NR NR R R R R G G G R R R R R R

G: Green car (first class) (reserved seating)
R: Standard class reserved seating
NR: Standard class non-reserved seating​

The interior of a 700 Series Shinkansen (Nozomi), September 2004:
700_Series_Shinkansen_Interior.jpg

Last edited:
NY Times article today : Japan Starts to Shop Its Bullet Train Technology

12train_CA0-articleLarge.jpg

Itsuo Inouye/Associated Press
Ray LaHood, the United States transportation secretary, was in Japan on Tuesday for a test run of the experimental MLX01 maglev train, the fastest in the world.

Quoting the article:
On Tuesday, the Central Japan Railway Company took the visiting United States transportation secretary, Ray LaHood, on a test run — a 312-mile-an-hour tryout for the lucrative economic stimulus contracts that the United States plans to award to update and expand its rail network.

“Very fast,” Mr. LaHood said after stepping off the maglev at a track nestled here in mountains west of Tokyo. “We’re right at the start of an opportunity for America to be connected with high-speed, intercity rail,” he said.​

My opinion: Mr. LaHood is a racer.

Here is a place worth visiting in Japan: http://www.adana.co.jp/_e_gallery/

Quoting their website:
Nature Aquarium Gallery is the exhibition space of the planted aquarium layouts created by Mr. Takashi Amano, and it is open to public for free of charge during weekends and National holidays in Japan. Over 30 aquariums are exhibited in the gallery, and they are regularly replaced with new layouts. The gallery also serves a role of show-room of the Nature Aquarium Goods, and Doaqua product line-ups.

Address: 8554-1, Urushiyama, Nishikan-ku, Niigata 953-0054 JAPAN
TEL: +81-256-72-6666

Open on Saturday, Sunday and Japanese National Holiday
(Closed during weekdays)
Opening hour: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Admission is free of charge, but we kindly request all the guests to fill in a questionnaire and write down the impression of gallery.

Niigata is located on the Sea of Japan coast of Honshu Island, and it is easily accessible from Tokyo by Joetsu Shinkansen, a high-speed railway connecting Tokyo and Niigata in about 2 hours. So JR (Japan Railway) Niigata Station is the first destination when you visit Nature Aquarium Gallery.

From Niigata Station, you can access Nature Aquarium Gallery with the following route:
1) JR Echigo Line and Taxi Ride
2) Niigata Kotsu Express Bus​

Economy hotel in Kyoto

I say again it is very hard to find/book rooms in Kyoto on Nov.19 and 20.:frown:
This is weekend and Nov.23 is national holiday for Japanese. So many people visit Kyoto in this autumn. If you can find good hotel, I recommend you to book immediately after check cancel policy.

I already booked 30 twin bed rooms in Granvia and 9 twin bed rooms in Westin Miyako for you. Let me know if you need(I already got some requests from NSX Primers). But both hotels are expensive. So, I could book 4 twin bed rooms in Citadines, Kyoto. This is apartment hotel with kitchen but very new, opened March 2010. 25 or 27SQM, bed size is 100cmx200cm. This hotel is unknown very much. You can get there by subway, next stop from Kyoto station. Check their site.
http://www2.citadines.com/en/japan/kyoto/karasuma_gojo.html

The rate I booked are JPY25,410(USD280) or JPY27,720(USD305) per 2 person per one night. If you want to stay this hotel, let me know.

Hirofumi

Last edited:
How long is the wait list for attendance as of today 05-22-2010? I can jump in now at any cancellation or uncertainty. I am sure that there will be several that will end up not going. Has any money been collected at this point and if so, when may you know an exact count? It would just be myself (retired) no last minute cancellations to worry about. Been to Japan already. Can stay @ Westin Kyoto and Tokyo. Can double/triple with other singles, stay anywhere, etc. Very flexible. Can spend also, if necessary. PLMK when and I will start the process. Familiar with trains & transportation as well if help is needed with other Americans.

How long is the wait list for attendance as of today 05-22-2010? I can jump in now at any cancellation or uncertainty. I am sure that there will be several that will end up not going. Has any money been collected at this point and if so, when may you know an exact count? It would just be myself (retired) no last minute cancellations to worry about. Been to Japan already. Can stay @ Westin Kyoto and Tokyo. Can double/triple with other singles, stay anywhere, etc. Very flexible. Can spend also, if necessary. PLMK when and I will start the process. Familiar with trains & transportation as well if help is needed with other Americans.

Unfortunately the event has been sold out for westerners for quite some time now. No more members are being accepted since we are unable to even move anyone up from the current list in light of everyone who has already purchased their plane tickets.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132934

Unfortunately the event has been sold out for westerners for quite some time now. No more members are being accepted since we are unable to even move anyone up from the current list in light of everyone who has already purchased their plane tickets.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132934

Thanks for the update Bob. Guess I should have read further. Yeah, I saw the list on the other thread after my post and was amazed at the number of confirmed and for that matter, wait-listed.
Sounds like an unbelievable event and you guys are going to have a great time. Oh well, back to Vegas. :biggrin:

Re: Economy hotel in Kyoto

I say again it is very hard to find/book rooms in Kyoto on Nov.19 and 20.:frown:
This is weekend and Nov.23 is national holiday for Japanese. So many people visit Kyoto in this autumn. If you can find good hotel, I recommend you to book immediately after check cancel policy.

I already booked 30 twin bed rooms in Granvia and 9 twin bed rooms in Westin Miyako for you. Let me know if you need(I already got some requests from NSX Primers). But both hotels are expensive. So, I could book 4 twin bed rooms in Citadines, Kyoto. This is apartment hotel with kitchen but very new, opened March 2010. 25 or 27SQM, bed size is 100cmx200cm. This hotel is unknown very much. You can get there by subway, next stop from Kyoto station. Check their site.
http://www2.citadines.com/en/japan/kyoto/karasuma_gojo.html

The rate I booked are JPY25,410(USD280) or JPY27,720(USD305) per 2 person per one night. If you want to stay this hotel, let me know.

Hirofumi

Hirofumi

When are you going to allocate who gets one of the rooms you have blocked off? Or, should I be calling those hotels to reserve my room?
I'm ready to book my reservation and want to ensure that I have a place while in Kyoto. Another US Primer will be my roommate.
Thanks

Re: Economy hotel in Kyoto

Hirofumi

When are you going to allocate who gets one of the rooms you have blocked off? Or, should I be calling those hotels to reserve my room?
I'm ready to book my reservation and want to ensure that I have a place while in Kyoto. Another US Primer will be my roommate.
Thanks

I have sent Hirofumi a PM about this. By my count, it appears that we have sufficient rooms since some of us have booked "outside of the room block" by using rewards programs points (yours truly included --- in fact I have the entire trip and airfare paid by points :biggrin:)

So far we have just been adding names to Hirofumi's list to be included in his room block since unless you have a rewards program these hotels generally will show "no rooms available" but ours have been blocked off in Hirofumi's name and we will go through him.

Last edited:
Back