• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX FIESTA: 20th Anniversary celebrations in Japan

Re: Accommodations

Your link for jalhotels was not working so I am putting another one here:

JAL - economy hotel

For those looking for a single room, this looks like a good deal with the best price being for reservations made at least 60 days in advance but the reservation cannot be cancelled. That rate is 9800Y/night or approximately $108 for a 195 sq ft room.

Thank you, I edited.

Regards,
Hirofumi

Hirofumi,

Do you know anything about this hotel:

Karasuma Kyoto Hotel

They have single rooms (small but manageable at 15 sq m) that generally start at 7100Y and appear to go up to 9200Y for a single depending upon the date.

Twin rooms start at 9400Y.

This hotel is not accepting reservations for dates beyond May as of right now.

Of couse I know, but I don't have stayed this hotel. This hotel is located in busy quarters, so convenient to go everywhere. You can get here by subway from Kyoto station, second stop. Although it is hard to book because many Japanese business people or visitors prefer and stay, here is recomended.

I suggest you Mitsui Garden Hotel Sanjo, too.
I will revise "summary of accommodations".

Hirofumi

Last edited:
Re: Suggestion for accommodation in Kyoto

It is very hard that you book your room in Kyoto.

So I already booked 25 twin bed rooms in "Hotel Granvia Kyoto" for you and confirm the rate. I show them below. (Rate:USD1=JPY90)
http://www.granviakyoto.com/

Twin bed room with breakfast for 2 person
JPY39,900(USD444)/room
means JPY19,950(USD222)/person

Twin bed room and extra bed with breakfast for 3 person
JPY47,250(USD525)/room
means JPY15,750(USD175)/person

Twin bed room without breakfast for 2 person
JPY34,650(USD385)/room
means JPY17,325(USD193)/person

Twin bed room and extra bed without breakfast for 3 person
JPY40,425(USD450)/room
means JPY13,475(USD150)/person

If you want to stay in this hotel and cannot book, let me know. These 25 rooms are booked for all of you.
Hotel Granvia is high grade hotel and expensive. But if you share your room, cost is acceptable in this busy season, autumn in Kyoto. Please consider this.

I am looking economy hotels in Kyoto, but all rooms are occupied and cannot book any rooms yet.

Regards,
Hirofumi

Hirofumi,
Since I can't book the room on this hotel from here (keep gave me a date until may2010), do you think you can reserve 1 twin bed room with breakfast for 2 person.
Thanks

Ary

Last edited:
I should be able to make this one:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: It looks like Ill be moving to Yokohama this summer:biggrin: I can't bring my NSXS though:frown:

Re: Suggestion for accommodation in Kyoto

Hirofumi,
Since I can't book the room on this hotel from here (keep gave me a date until may2010), do you think you can reserve 1 twin bed room with breakfast for 2 person.
Thanks
Ary

Hello Ary,

Of course, I can. I have 25 rooms for all of attendees from NSX Prime!
Looking forward to seeing you again in Japan.

Hirofumi

For all those who have been following this thread but not paying attention to the RSVP thread, there are only 2 spots left before everyone else will go on an actual waiting list:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132934

Hirofumi has set our number at 70 in order to accommodate the European members who will be coming as well.

The interest in the event from our North American membership has been totally unanticipated and Hirofumi needed to finally place a cap on the numbers attending.

Last edited:
Today I reserved two buses for you. 50 people can ride on per one bus.

Nov. 17 One bus goes to Fuji speedway, Mugen and auto shops, so return to Tokyo. Another bus goes around Tokyo for sightseeing for ladies and kids. If only few people want to go sightseeing in Tokyo, I will cancel one bus or use for shop tourists.

Nov. 18 Two buses go to Motegi and return to your hotel in Tokyo.

Nov. 20 Sightseeing in Kyoto.

Nov. 21 Two buses go to Suzuka.

I estimate bus cost will be JPY4,000 per day.

Hirofumi

Today I reserved two buses for you. 50 people can ride on per one bus.

Thank you Hirofumi.

This is probably a dumb question but I am not familiar with Japanese "tour buses". I just wanted to confirm that they do have the ability to store luggage below since obviously we will be taking our luggage with us for at least part of the trip from Kyoto to Suzuka.

Thank you Hirofumi.

This is probably a dumb question but I am not familiar with Japanese "tour buses". I just wanted to confirm that they do have the ability to store luggage below since obviously we will be taking our luggage with us for at least part of the trip from Kyoto to Suzuka.

We need 70 people and over 70 luggages go to Suzuka together by 2 buses.
I will confirm this.

If you will stay in Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa again on Nov. 22,
you may stay your big luggages to hotel when you check out on Nov.19.

Hirofumi

Thank you Hirofumi.

I reserved buses with big luggage room for the trip from Kyoto to Suzuka on Nov. 21. Thanks for the advice.

Hirofumi

Room share in Suzuka

Accommodations in Suzuka are reserved by HONDA.
But there are no single bed rooms in Suzuka.
Even if you attend without partner, you have to stay with other attendee.
How do I combine them?

No problem in Tokyo or Kyoto.:smile:
We can book single bed room.

Do you understand what I say?

Hirofumi

Re: Room share in Suzuka

Accommodations in Suzuka are reserved by HONDA.
But there are no single bed rooms in Suzuka.
Even if you attend without partner, you have to stay with other attendee.
How do I combine them?

No problem in Tokyo or Kyoto.:smile:
We can book single bed room.

Hirofumi

When we get the final list of attendees we can check how many are coming alone to see how many will need to share a room at Suzuka. I don't think it will be a large number so we should be able to work together to pair people up as "roommates".

When we get the final list of attendees we can check how many are coming alone to see how many will need to share a room at Suzuka. I don't think it will be a large number so we should be able to work together to pair people up as "roommates".
You might want to pair smokers with smokers, and non-smokers with non-smokers.

Hirofumi, your command of the English language is excellent. It is always easy to understand what you are trying to say!

Quick reply to Hui,

Gear driven overhead cams is a system Honda have used since 1960 on racing bikes, so very common on those. Indeed I own several Honda bikes with this system. Gears arranged either up side of cylinder block or in centre (indeed on one such bike it is between 3rd and 4th cylinder in line!). I wish they used this on all engines as never need timing chains or belts replaced, gears last for life of engine.

Delighted to see new racign prototye using this.

All my best

Nigel

Hello,

Technically I'm an American but will be living in Asia while NSX fiesta is going on. Do I consider myself a western attendee or someone coming from Asia. It appears that the US slots are all full, European slots undecided but what about other NSXers from other parts of the world.

Thanks

Giftedg aka Gail Wong

Although the recommended hotels in Tokyo are not taking reservations yet, I noticed that through Amex travel they can be booked. However, they would need to be prepaid in full now.

For those with Amex points, these hotels participate in the Amex "pay with points" program whereby for every 10,000 Amex points you get a $75 credit against your hotel bill. Unlike frequent traveler programs, you can pay for just part your bill with points rather than need to have the entire amount.

By prepaying your entire bill, you lock in your cost at the rate the yen is trading on the date you reserve. For those who believe in foreign currency forecasting, you can decide when you think the dollar may be strongest and at least know what your actual cost is rather than chance a weakening dollar by the time we get to Japan.

Here is the current rate for two of the hotels, the first being listed as the "headquarters" hotel and the second being an alternative. Please note these rates change daily depending upon the fluctuation of the yen:

Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa

Economy Double - (21sqm) $165.69

Standard Double Or Twin $178.28

Deluxe Double Or Twin Garden View $199.90

Japanese Suite $356.59

Junior Suite $394.41

Shinagawa Prince Hotel

North Tower Twin Room $123.79

Main Tower Standard Twin Room $124.55

Annex Tower Double Room $124.55

Main Tower High Floor Twin Room $135.39

Main Tower High Floor Double Room $185.06

Gear driven overhead cams is a system Honda have used since 1960 on racing bikes, so very common on those.
IThanks so much for that useful info. I hope the use of that design for road car engines signals the start of a new direction for Honda, so that eventually that design will be used for a car marketed to the general public.

Your Australian GP was the most fun one to watch for a long time!

Can some change the wiki entry and verify we will be taking a bus down to Kyoto instead of taking the Shinkansen high-speed train to and from Tokyo and Kyoto. If we are taking the train I want to purchase a rail pass which has to be purchase prior to entering Japan.
Thanks.

Can some change the wiki entry and verify we will be taking a bus down to Kyoto instead of taking the Shinkansen high-speed train to and from Tokyo and Kyoto. If we are taking the train I want to purchase a rail pass which has to be purchase prior to entering Japan.
Thanks.

Maybe I missed a post but where did you get this info? I thought that to/from kyoto was on the bullet train.

Thanks.

My bad. I misread it. We will be on the bus from Kyoto to Suzuka.
Sorry for the confusion.
Tom

Here are a couple of alternate hotels in Kyoto I found on hotels.com. I believe New Miyako Hotel ($266USD/nite) is across the street from Hotel Granvia. Then there is Rihga Royal Hotel ($240USD/nite) a few blocks away. Since only 25 rooms are booked at Hotel Granvia I don't think this will accommodate all the westerners. Plus Hotel Granvia is a little pricey for me.

Here are a couple of alternate hotels in Kyoto I found on hotels.com. I believe New Miyako Hotel ($266USD/nite) is across the street from Hotel Granvia. Then there is Rihga Royal Hotel ($240USD/nite) a few blocks away. Since only 25 rooms are booked at Hotel Granvia I don't think this will accommodate all the westerners. Plus Hotel Granvia is a little pricey for me.

Yes, both hotels are close to Granvia. I can recommend Rihga Royal Hotel. This hotel is my favorite. Shuttle bus is avairable from Kyoto station. I do not recommend New Miyako Hotel, although you can walk to there. Many business people stay here.

Hirofumi

bullet train "Shinkansen"

We talk about bullet train on other thread.
It is better to discuss more here.
I upload again.

Never ride on "KODAMA" from Shinagawa to Kyoto.
KODAMA stops every stations, so it will take 3h30m.
"HIKARI" is better. I am thinking to buy group discount tickets for you.
It takes 2h20m by "NOZOMI". You cannot ride on "NOZOMI" with JR Pass.
"NOZOMI" has 16 cars and first class cars are 9th and 10th.

I booked a restaurant in Hotel Granvia Kyoto for lunch.
After lunch we will move to Sagano-Arashiyama by local train for sightseeing.
You may check in or leave your luggage.
Those who will stay in Westin Miyako can check in at satellite office.
Your luggages go to hotel.

Hirofumi

Last edited:
Quoting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nozomi_(train)

N700 series
(All cars non-smoking, except for smoking compartments located in cars 3, 7, 10, and 15)

←Hakata Tokyo→
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
NR NR NR R R R R G G G R R R R R R

G: Green car (first class) (reserved seating)
R: Standard class reserved seating
NR: Standard class non-reserved seating​

The interior of a 700 Series Shinkansen (Nozomi), September 2004:
700_Series_Shinkansen_Interior.jpg

Back