• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX gets no respect!!!!

scycle2020 said:
I cant believe how little respect the nsx gets in the general public and even with some car loving people...i know the car turns head and is very rare, but it seens some people not only dont like the looks , they hate it, especially some women....but even some brand snob car fans diss the nsx as being a poor japanese ferrari want to be and just another ricer...as much as some people dislike the vette and its image of being owned by mid age red necks,the nsx seem to get as much disrespect by some....as for me, when i see an nsx, i think of the driver as a person who really knows sports cars and great classic cars and is not stuck on the snobbery of a particular car brand......

TWO WORDS.

Who cares?

They can hate all they want. They just don't have one. Like we couldn't afford a Corvette if that is what we wanted.

I have had overwhelmingly positive feedbacks for the NSX since day one. I don't know why you got such experiences. So far all the haters I have seen are just some jealous sour grape dickheads who have no clue about what driving is all about. But really, as schuey1010 said, who cares?
Steve

Okay...decided to take the car out for a drive to Best Buy today.

This all happen in one day.

1) As I exit the freeway, the passenger from the fast lane took a picture of the car.
2) At the Best Buy parking, I was walking back to the car and noticed a car stopped right next to my car and gave a good 10 seconds look.
3) 3 people at different stop light gave me thumbs up LOL.
4) Another person came up at the gas station and said "your car is hot! I don't see these cars around...must be rare huh?"
5) And the usual 180 degree head turn

Well, i guess NSX do get respect and attention.

Auraraptor said:
Hey I recognize you from somewhere....

BTW I adored my NSX. Great car, :cool: still miss it. :frown:
hey omar, how are you??? i forgot you had an nsx!!! of course this was only one of many in your auto harum!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Just had to add my positive experience.....
A cop pulled me over in my red NSX-T (pictured on the left). I wasn't speeding but rather pulled over for not having a front license plate. He asked me why I didn't have one. I looked at him and replied " If you had a car like this would you spoil its looks by slapping a front plate on it " ?
He stepped back, took a hard long look at my car, looked up at me and said "Get out of here ", smiled and watched me drive off. I was a good 20 sec away (at slow speed) and yes...he was still standing there watching the gorgeous NSX drive off into the distance. He could not have given me a more respectful compliment !

Hey Rick , can I use the same story if I get pull over for no front lic Plate...as I don't have one too.:smile:

Bram

BTRTHNSX said:
Just had to add my positive experience.....
A cop pulled me over in my red NSX-T (pictured on the left). I wasn't speeding but rather pulled over for not having a front license plate. He asked me why I didn't have one. I looked at him and replied " If you had a car like this would you spoil its looks by slapping a front plate on it " ?
He stepped back, took a hard long look at my car, looked up at me and said "Get out of here ", smiled and watched me drive off. I was a good 20 sec away (at slow speed) and yes...he was still standing there watching the gorgeous NSX drive off into the distance. He could not have given me a more respectful compliment !

scycle2020 said:
I cant believe how little respect the nsx gets in the general public and even with some car loving people...i know the car turns head and is very rare, but it seens some people not only dont like the looks , they hate it, especially some women....but even some brand snob car fans diss the nsx as being a poor japanese ferrari want to be and just another ricer...as much as some people dislike the vette and its image of being owned by mid age red necks,the nsx seem to get as much disrespect by some....as for me, when i see an nsx, i think of the driver as a person who really knows sports cars and great classic cars and is not stuck on the snobbery of a particular car brand......

the first problem is that the car is S-L-O-W.

The second is that the car is O-L-D

sure it "rocks in the twisties" - but Acura let it die a slow, painful death.Pitiful for a car that was so ahead of its time in 1990. As we all know, technology advances at a rapid pace. evolve of move on. Its really sad, because whatever pedigree acura established is TOTALLY gone. They'll repeat the same fate where a bunch of us from this forum (diehards) will buy the new one, but then that'll be it.

We have to face the fact that there is STIFF competition in the marketplace. This competition is moving forward at an alarming pace. The fact that 500HP is now considered "tame" adds further insult to the nsx's problem.

The second problem the poster may have is location. I live in socal. Down here, 430s,360s, 996TT and gallardos are commonplace. Everyone has a porsche - they make great daily drivers. So yeah, while nsx's may be rare here, its likely b/c nobody wants them. They are old hat, underpowered and slow. Then there's all the tuners...from what i understand its pretty difficult to make big power from an nsx. I know it *possible*...but you just cant go and get something like this

No matter what acura tries to tell its customers - americans want power (a message MB is really getting out of hand about). Not to even mention the legion of evos, stis, z, vettes, MBs, beemers, accords...you get the point.

Its really too bad, b/c the NSX is SINGLE-handedly responsible for changing the character of the exotic car. ACura made ferrari and porsche (and all the rest) realize they HAD to make their cars comfy, livable and reliable. Before the nsx...it wasnt exotic if you risked getting stranded anytime you took the car out. Its a real mystery to me why honda didnt continually update the car like they should have. Now, they have to start from scratch...

apapada said:
Funny thing, I get the complete exact opposite reaction with mine. The (very) rare people dissing it are young males either driving Corvette or Mustangs who HP and straight line driving means everything. Sure, when all your life you've only known cheap hamburger, you won't appreciate Fillet Mignon the first time you try it. :wink:

i get your point but please don't put down hamburgers :biggrin: ...and by the way I love the nsx!

qirex said:
The first problem is that the car is S-L-O-W.

Thats a personal opinion, which cant be seen from outside the car. I can say a Porsche TT Gemballa is slow, but i know it isnt, not if i would ask my girlfriend (lets use that as a point of view from the general public), she says it looks like a VW bug, its prolly really slow. Original poster said 'general public', not gearheads.
I also think the NSX is not slow, after 6 years of ownership, i cant remember any car flying past me at all. Most of the so-called fast cars, always back up a little, really, they have no idea what the NSX is all about (there's only 17 sold over here).

qirex said:

I get the same question over and over again.... is this a new model from Honda? Sure looks like it! Questions from the general public.
Maybe old for gearheads, but not for the general public.

qirex said:
sure it "rocks in the twisties" - but Acura let it die a slow, painful death.Pitiful for a car that was so ahead of its time in 1990. As we all know, technology advances at a rapid pace. evolve of move on. Its really sad, because whatever pedigree acura established is TOTALLY gone. They'll repeat the same fate where a bunch of us from this forum (diehards) will buy the new one, but then that'll be it.

I cant agree more, they f***d up, but then, i also think that Honda has made a 'name' with the NSX, and that the next gen nsx will be more accepted then the original one. Just a personal opinion.

qirex said:
The second problem the poster may have is location. I live in socal. Down here, 430s,360s, 996TT and gallardos are commonplace. Everyone has a porsche - they make great daily drivers. So yeah, while nsx's may be rare here, its likely b/c nobody wants them. They are old hat, underpowered and slow. Then there's all the tuners...from what i understand its pretty difficult to make big power from an nsx. I know it *possible*...but you just cant go and get something like this

All them cars you see are probably never ever driven to its full potential, well, most of them anyway. So power is not the problem, is it. I bet the power of a NSX would scare most of them owners anyway, let alone them using all the hp's in their own car. Its just snobish behaviour, hence, nobody wants a Honda.
When i speak to these people (clubmeets etc), i always laugh when they sum up the trouble they have with their cars, and to keep in the originals posters observations, everytime the 'general public' comments about my car, they most of the time would prefer my nsx over a Porsche 911-series, simply, because they are so common, not because the NSX is so old, they dont know, they even didnt know what car it was in the first place.
BTW, i also think that 7000 USD for an exhaust is a realy good example.... while for a tad more the NSX gets much more value for that sorta money.
I'm sure Daliracing has a particulair part on the shelf for the NSX, which is not avaible for a Porsche. Whats the point?

qirex said:
No matter what acura tries to tell its customers - americans want power (a message MB is really getting out of hand about). Not to even mention the legion of evos, stis, z, vettes, MBs, beemers, accords...you get the point.

The 'general public' has no idea about power. All they do is look at the brand, thats it. My girlfriend always makes fun out of the evo's and wrx's, how stupid they look, she has no idea about the performance of these cars, and when i tell her about it, she always says, yeah, but it still doesn't look good.

qirex said:
Its really too bad, b/c the NSX is SINGLE-handedly responsible for changing the character of the exotic car. ACura made ferrari and porsche (and all the rest) realize they HAD to make their cars comfy, livable and reliable. Before the nsx...it wasnt exotic if you risked getting stranded anytime you took the car out. Its a real mystery to me why honda didnt continually update the car like they should have. Now, they have to start from scratch...

I agree, though as said, i think they have shown what they can do with the NSX, and will use that as a base to sell a all new NSX.

I'm trying to look at the original posters post, and see why he gets so much hate, which i dont get. Well, i get some, but thats all from jeaulousy (never knew it existed so badly until i bought the NSX).
So maybe he's like driving down the towns centre with his windows wide open with ballads from Whitney Houston blasting from his speakers? ;);)

qirex said:

Hmmmm I must be a really good driver then, when I am one of the fastest cars in the top run group at Road America, running with Porsches, Vipers, Z06's etc. Most of the cars I run with have twice the power, and I match them or beat them with my old, slow NSX. :rolleyes:

The NSX is a car that you can stay in it through fast sweepers with confidence, unlike many cars of late that have TOO much power.

qirex said:
I live in socal. Down here, 430s,360s, 996TT and gallardos are commonplace. Everyone has a porsche - they make great daily drivers. So yeah, while nsx's may be rare here, its likely b/c nobody wants them. Not to even mention the legion of evos, stis, z, vettes, MBs, beemers, accords...you get the point.

This is at least 75% of the reason WHY I bought an NSX!:wink:

The NSX is a great car and most people here see it as a great looking car and I've only gotten positive comments.
"Are you a doctor?" was one of the better questions I've been asked while driving the NSX.

qirex said:

Well my SLOW OLD NSX just beat a couple Euro cars(friends 05 M3 and 05 s/c'd S4) hands down in a friendly little three way head to head on a NEW ROAD, CLOSED TO PUBLIC in a new developement....My 92 may be old, but it aint SLOW like you like to think it is...Sounds like someone has issues with Honda to me:rolleyes: Did you take your Prozac today:confused:

Tony Montoya said:
The NSX is a great car and most people here see it as a great looking car and I've only gotten positive comments.
"Are you a doctor?" was one of the better questions I've been asked while driving the NSX.
any relation to juan pablo??? or are you just a scarface????..in all seriousness, that would be what i would expect,it is a great looking car and rare to boot....i still dont get the doctor remark....:biggrin: :biggrin:

DutchBlackNsx said:
Thats a personal opinion, which cant be seen from outside the car. I can say a Porsche TT Gemballa is slow, but i know it isnt, not if i would ask my girlfriend (lets use that as a point of view from the general public), she says it looks like a VW bug, its prolly really slow. Original poster said 'general public', not gearheads.
I also think the NSX is not slow, after 6 years of ownership, i cant remember any car flying past me at all. Most of the so-called fast cars, always back up a little, really, they have no idea what the NSX is all about (there's only 17 sold over here).

I get the same question over and over again.... is this a new model from Honda? Sure looks like it! Questions from the general public.
Maybe old for gearheads, but not for the general public.

I cant agree more, they f***d up, but then, i also think that Honda has made a 'name' with the NSX, and that the next gen nsx will be more accepted then the original one. Just a personal opinion.

All them cars you see are probably never ever driven to its full potential, well, most of them anyway. So power is not the problem, is it. I bet the power of a NSX would scare most of them owners anyway, let alone them using all the hp's in their own car. Its just snobish behaviour, hence, nobody wants a Honda.
When i speak to these people (clubmeets etc), i always laugh when they sum up the trouble they have with their cars, and to keep in the originals posters observations, everytime the 'general public' comments about my car, they most of the time would prefer my nsx over a Porsche 911-series, simply, because they are so common, not because the NSX is so old, they dont know, they even didnt know what car it was in the first place.
BTW, i also think that 7000 USD for an exhaust is a realy good example.... while for a tad more the NSX gets much more value for that sorta money.
I'm sure Daliracing has a particulair part on the shelf for the NSX, which is not avaible for a Porsche. Whats the point?

The 'general public' has no idea about power. All they do is look at the brand, thats it. My girlfriend always makes fun out of the evo's and wrx's, how stupid they look, she has no idea about the performance of these cars, and when i tell her about it, she always says, yeah, but it still doesn't look good.

I agree, though as said, i think they have shown what they can do with the NSX, and will use that as a base to sell a all new NSX.

I'm trying to look at the original posters post, and see why he gets so much hate, which i dont get. Well, i get some, but thats all from jeaulousy (never knew it existed so badly until i bought the NSX).
So maybe he's like driving down the towns centre with his windows wide open with ballads from Whitney Houston blasting from his speakers? ;);)
i think the hate i am getting is just some people i am in close contact with who just dont like the look of the X...they dont realize its a great car...looks are subjective, and i know some cars are guy cars, like ferraris, nsx, vettes, vipers, etc,, and then we the cars that woman are more likey to approve, which are porsches, esp boxsters, z3 and z4s, m3 cabs, 500sl, etc...men are mars................:biggrin:

Here in the bay area, I keep getting all kinda of complimentish reactions. Most of the silver haired gentlemen here (palo alto etc) can be assumed to be extremely rich. Many of them wave at me like I am a fellow conoisseur or something when they see me in my nsx. Everyone looks. Some wave.

Whenever I drive my prelude, I look jealously at any passing NSX. I mean, I have one in the garage. But still. A passing porsche/flying-toad never evokes that response. I have never driven a ferrari so probably don't know enough to be jealous!

In my mind, there is absolutely no comparison with the other cards I have sat in (admittedly not many, being not that rich and all), nothing whatsoever to the visceral thrill I feel when the engine spools up to 8k. At that point what other people think becomes immaterial to me. Its all about me, the soaring power and the shrieking banshee behind my head.

I think it also depends on what a car means to you. To me, driving the NSX is a constant reminder of what a band of fanatical engineers driven by an otherwise ordinary car company can and have achieved. The power of dreams indeed! I am a geek thriving on the chance to change the world and I don't think the history of any other car could act as a living example of why I should continue to strive for excellence. And why I might reach my goals inspite of an apparently ordinary pedigree. And to think it is just a car :).

-vamsi

Who cares about the dissing..... ignore the stupid f***s. The NSX is like sex..... some can get it, some can't.

Danny RED SR 71
REPEAL V.C. 22351:smile: :biggrin: :wink: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
SCIN..... I would have asked "Can I get the HONDA price on the 4 -wheel alignment"???

Danny RED SR 71
REPEAL V.C. 22351:smile: :biggrin: :wink: :eek:

I get made fun a lot of by my friends for having an NSX. They look only at HP and what changes have happened since 91. Yes, its no longer ahead of the Fcars it was designed to trounce and no, its no longer as good as the 911 S from a performance perspective, but who cares I say.

I will never forget the first 10 minutes after I let an instructor take me around the track in my own car. The instructor was an IRL driver. He had never driven an NSX before and had spent most of the day in 911TTs and Z06s. That day was probably no different then anyother for him.

He took me around, did some absolutely amazing things in my car, and on the cool down lap he looked totally confused and he started to ask me a bunch of questions. We got out and he had to circle the car a few times. He stopped. Scratched his head. He then said something like this: "That may be the most amazing car I may have ever driven. It just hauls through the corners. You can be totally off line, going way too fast, and it will pull through faster then anything Ive driven in a while. It doesnt matter where on the track you are or how fast you are going, that car will keep you on the track. The design of the back end is incredible. Once you put the weight on it, its perfect."

I am no where near good enough a driver to get the most from my car, but Ive seen what it can do and let me tell you, it is quite something.

One day......

At the end of the day, most people make their important purchasing decisions based on branding. The "Honda" NSX completely lacks the manufacturer branding of a Porsche, Ferrari, BMW or MB. But, to car enthusiasts, the NSX is its own brand: Exotic, precision, refinement, revolutionary engineering. Only people that were car enthusiasts in the early 90's, though, would have that brand image of the NSX. To everyone else, its just a cool looking car that somewhat lacks the goods. Also, in some ways, the NSX brand (if marketed again with a 2nd Gen) is stronger now because the "revolutionary engineering" part of the NSX is exactly what has allowed it to sell/compete 15 years later.

If you're wondering how powerful that branding is (for anyone on NSX Prime at least), just imagine how you would react if the next generation NSX was the opposite, like a Viper: Brutishly powerful, aggressive but unaccommodating. You'd scream bloody murder, the NSX Prime server would crash, and 19,000 VTECs worldwide would surge in anger. But Joe Schmoe would acclaim: "Finally a fast NSX! Maybe I'll get one now."

Oh yeah - I know some of you hate to see ricers cosmetic-tampering with your exotic NSX for exactly the same reason. :rolleyes:

Zackly right! My boss bought a Camry and wanted me to see it, and it just so happened I had bought a used Vette then for 3 grand less than he had spent on the Camry. The Vette was spotless - as if it had just left the showroom floor. When he saw it he immediately started talking about things it couldn't do - like get groceries, etc.

Zap

91 X said:
Well my SLOW OLD NSX just beat a couple Euro cars(friends 05 M3 and 05 s/c'd S4) hands down in a friendly little three way head to head on a NEW ROAD, CLOSED TO PUBLIC in a new developement....My 92 may be old, but it aint SLOW like you like to think it is...Sounds like someone has issues with Honda to me:rolleyes: Did you take your Prozac today:confused:

well you are obviously a great driver!!

nsx is a good option if you have $30k to spend on a sports car (great option).

However, i was an owner of a 91 for 4 months. Im sorry, but i love horsepower. I go to the track. We do willow (big/streets), fontana, LS...I'm a pretty decent driver. A stock NSX is no match for a modern sportscar...its great for 30k...but I'll take the GT3 every time over an NSX.

Just my personal opinion.

I hope that acura offers prime members special pricing on the next nsx.

Oh, and for their sake, the nsx had better beat the pants off the new skyline (my neighbor is Nissan's Cal design leader) - which from what ive seen and heard will be HUGE challenger. The upcoming lexus sportscar will also do great (commercially). Its amazing how out of touch acura seems to be. Just give the people what they want already!! How many RLs will have to sit on the lots until they FINALLY build a V8?? Same with new NSX. It needs at least 400HP. The Z06 is the new king of the hill. You MUST come with at least 500HP to compete...and yes, i've run my 600HP TT against the Z06 at the track.

Kudos to GM.

I'de never buy one, but damn i respect the car and that engineering.

28mpg!!! with a 7L engine?

I never see higher than 15mpg hwy, 9.8city. Yes, i have a lead foot

Back