• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Has A New Competitor ~ Tesla

I wonder how sustained this performance can be, you'd think a Fomula E car at 2X the price and 1/2 the weight couldn't be outdone by a production car.

Isn’t that exactly the point? Just like the Model S, there’s little reason to think the Roadster will sustain lapping a circuit. And straight-line performance even as claimed, it would get owned in even one lap by a Formula E car. It’s a street car, not a race car.

I think the point is the specs are somewhat misleading for a "sports car", because it couldn't really deliver that performance in "auto sports".

As long as combustion/hybrids are the performance power plants of choice used in motor racing , pure electrics ,despite amazing short burst performance, will lack the top tier racing and marque association generally expected in sports cars of that price range.

[MENTION=23995]bullithollywood[/MENTION] I think we agree. Seems that electric cars may be pretty great street cars though. My wife drives a Model S and it’s pretty good at being a big-but-not-slow car. Harsh ride though, I think. I imagine the Roadster will be fantastic for a fast street car, which a lot of people seem to want.

Back