• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX hopeful...

I've loved the NSX since '91 but, never thought I could ever afford one. My cousin, 5inchfatlip, let me drive his NSX and instantly I was in love. Ofcourse, when I get mine it will be anywhere near as beastly as his. I can't wait to learn from all of you and your experiences.

Yes, I'm in Cerritos!! Where are you? Do you have an NSX already? I'm looking at one on Thursday.
If I get one, it won't be beastly like my cousin's (I meant to say) His car is a monster and seriously is fast...e-mail me if you want to know what's been done to it.

Originally posted by NSXhopeful:
Yes, I'm in Cerritos!! Where are you? Do you have an NSX already? I'm looking at one on Thursday.

166th/Studebaker across from the college.
No, I don't have the NSX yet.
Still looking around for the right one.
Let me know how the car looks on thurs.

hey hopeful- I know there is alot to learn as always, take time and read through alot of the posts here, and in the other parts of the forums and the FAQ about early year models...and you will learn alot..lots of help from other owners too...

Originally posted by NSXhopeful:
I'm at 195th and Gridley...right by Liberty Park. What does the right car need for you to buy?

Sorry it took long to reply.

Well, for starters it has to be RED. That is non-negotiable. I've been tempted by black and green (which seems to be a lot more being up for grabs lately) but just can't really justify driving an exotic sports car in any other color.

Ideally, I want a 1995 because of the targa. But will take a 1994 fixed roof.

I also would want the 60K mile service already done with a new clutch.

All this for around $35k give or take a few.

If all of these things fall into place, I will be a very happy man!

Wait for the Targa! I have a 95, and the Targa (to me atleast) makes all the difference!

Joel- I think you may have a hard time finding a 94 or 95 for about 35k. For one in top condition and with the maintenance you requested, you are looking most likely at about 40k, plus license fees at the DMV which is another 2k at the least......
If you want a hard top, dont let the years fool you, as long as they are taken care of a 91 can be just as good as a later model.

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
plus license fees at the DMV which is another 2k at the least......

eek.gif

It's $78 in Illinois ($91 for vanity plates), plus some cities require licenses of up to $50-75.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
eek.gif

It's $78 in Illinois ($91 for vanity plates), plus some cities require licenses of up to $50-75.

Maybe he was adding the State taxes in with the registration,That is how it is in Mo.you pay the taxes at the time of registration. Along with the licensures and registrations.

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 03 September 2002).]

Yeah...Leo was adding the tax and license.

Joel...I always say when it comes to things that are costing you a good deal of money, never settle. If you settle for anything less than what you want, you will never be completely satisfied. I do agree with Leo though that, if you don't mind the fixed roof, a well taken care of 91 is definately a good bet and a good deal. But, if you want the targa...sit and wait, that deal will come up gotta be patient though because those are few and far between.

I echo that. I learned of this forum 2 weeks ago, spent most of my available time online here reading and learning. It all culminated in my purchase of a RED 91' 35K miles and in ridicously excellent condition! I couldn't be more satisfied and couldn't have done it without the fine memebers of this forum.

Yup that's me...Jackson's car is a great E-ticket ride. Although, I just got a better rush from my cousin's car, 5inchfatlip. His car has a wet 150 shot of NOS, there certainly is a reason they call nitrous oxide, laughing gas!!! hehehehe...

TSD congratulations on your purchase. I'm somewhat envious. I already have my first loan payment next week and yet still am searching for the car. I'm still holding out looking for the great deal on the "perfect" car.

Thanks. It is in the shop getting all that deferred maintenance I learned about on the forum (Timing Belt, waterpump and tensioner) 30K service etc. After that it's drive drive drive !!!

hey BIG LARRY- go find this guy a car please!!!!! he will be HOOKED on the infamous Go-Fast Crack Pipe after next week at Willow Springs with me..

Hopeful- we've got a great day lined up! even a relay event at lunch time....

medusa...

just noticed you're from so pas... i graduated from HS there in 1972... was back in town about 7 weeks ago for my 30th reunion...

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108

Back