• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in Mardi Gras parade

Last Friday we were asked to drive our NSX in a mardi gras parade. The parade route was about 5 miles lined on both sides of the street with people. For the entire route we were greeted with loud shouts and comments about the car. A few people knew what it was, A lot of people asked what it was and some said things like "look at that Ferrari". There were a number of cars in the parade from antique cars like model A Fords and vintage Corvettes but the NSX definetly garnered the most attention. It's pretty cool driving something that impressive and getting that much attention. But it's kinda sad that after almost 20 years in the market so many people still don't know what an NSX is.

We arrived in New Orleans on Wednesday and driving back to NC today. What day/parade did you get to drive in? I told Angie on during Saturday's parades that it would be neat to drive the NSX in the parade. Bet you had a blast!

Awesome to represent!!! My wife and kids are at Mardi Gras now. I hope to move to the New Orleans, Garden District soon. WHO DAT!!!!

Last Friday we were asked to drive our NSX in a mardi gras parade. The parade route was about 5 miles lined on both sides of the street with people. For the entire route we were greeted with loud shouts and comments about the car. A few people knew what it was, A lot of people asked what it was and some said things like "look at that Ferrari". There were a number of cars in the parade from antique cars like model A Fords and vintage Corvettes but the NSX definetly garnered the most attention. It's pretty cool driving something that impressive and getting that much attention. But it's kinda sad that after almost 20 years in the market so many people still don't know what an NSX is.

I see you are from Daphne, AL. I used to live there and still have friends in the area.
Was the parade in town or somewhere else? If it was in town, where abouts was it?

The parade ran down main st through town then circled down to the bay and back to main st. It was a real blast. People hollering as we went by and stuff. :biggrin:We carried as big a box of beads and moon pies etc as we could fit between the seats and threw stuff to people that seemed to pay the required and appropriate homage to the car.

Tony F

i don't know that Daphne have their own parade, is that any different from Mobile? caz, downtown mobile Mardi Gras sucks big time.. too many drunk/f*** up peoples fight over some moon pie or beads, is not worthed.
maybe next year i have to bring my kids to Daphne parade.

Last edited:
The parade ran down main st through town then circled down to the bay and back to main st. It was a real blast. People hollering as we went by and stuff. :biggrin:We carried as big a box of beads and moon pies etc as we could fit between the seats and threw stuff to people that seemed to pay the required and appropriate homage to the car.

Tony F

Unless they renamed roads, I don't remember a Main Street in Daphne. Are you refering to Hwy98 or something? Or maybe the road that runs down thru Montrose?

Daphne is very different than Mobile. It is across the bay in Baldwin county. We have a small town atmosphere with very low crime etc. People around here know you don't want to mess up in Baldwin. Your family may not see you for a while. Our parades are of course smaller than Mobile's but just as much fun. All the hooping and hollering and throwing but in a family friendly invironment. "Ya'll come on down". :smile:

Tony F

92NSX, Since they built Hwy 98 into a four lane a lot of the locals call the old 98 main st. I was a bit confused too the first time someone gave me directions using main st. I couldn't find it on a map or anywhere. There are street signs displaying main st but thats the only place you'll see it.

Tony F

Hey 92NSX,

I just did a yahoo map search for main st daphne and it is shown on the map now.
We learn daily

Daphne is very different than Mobile. It is across the bay in Baldwin county. We have a small town atmosphere with very low crime etc. People around here know you don't want to mess up in Baldwin. Your family may not see you for a while. Our parades are of course smaller than Mobile's but just as much fun. All the hooping and hollering and throwing but in a family friendly invironment. "Ya'll come on down". :smile:

Tony F

I see. I guess that little town has grown up a bunch over the years. How I miss that place though.:frown:

Tony F

Daphne is home to one of the absolute best driving roads probably in the state of AL though. It is called the Lake Forest subdivision. That road would be a blast to drive thru without the fear of police. Back in the late 80's when I lived there, my friends and I would fly thru that place. It has a wicked combination of hills, blind turns and short straightaways for you to be able to get some speed really quick. Yes, it was dangerous for many reasons but it sure was fun at the time. Sadly, a close friend went out drinking one night and was driving some friends home and he was going waaaaaaay to fast and missed a turn and a stop sign and his car literally flew thru the air a few hundred feet and landed in a house. He tore himself up real badly but also killed a passenger in the car. Nobody was in the room of the house that he landed in. Although, it was a nursery and the child was staying with relatives that night if memory serves.

we need pics,, from inside the car looking at the Party goers,, LOL,, would be great pics,,, wow so cool

Back