• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in Maui!!!

Late last year a Superferry began operating between the Island of Oahu, and Maui. I have been on the Ferry a few times, taking my C6Z06 and Supra but never the NSX till this past weekend.

For those of you that know the areas of Maui..

I Stayed in Lahaina for the weekend. Drove to Haleakala twice and Hana once.. I don't think I'll ever go back to Hana with any sports car.. EVER..

I did run into alot of those one lane bridges.. 56 to be exact.. and 640 turns.. or something.. On the way there was pretty bad. Alot of toursists driving really slowly.. I ended up leaving Hana at about 6pm and it was much much better.. Only a handful of people leaving Hana and they all moved out of the way.. Here are some pics.

10,000 ft elevation..

DSC02818.jpg

My white cloud sitting above other clouds..

DSC02796.jpg

A better shot of the clouds..

DSC02798.jpg

another shot of the mid mountain turns..

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02809.jpg

10,000 ft elevation??? I'm not sure if my country has such high mountains.. bad geography. Air must have been really fresh up there! Beautiful colour and I like your license plate :wink:

Gorgous photo's and I love the scenery:smile:I thought you were selling or was I mistaken:confused:

I thought the same...

Was this the 2005 (1 of a kind) NSX that was for sale here on Prime last year?

I think one the one your referring to was the 05, White/Black:wink:

I'm actually in Oahu.. but got to travel to Maui on a ferry. The performance of the NSX at 10,000 ft elevation was pretty crappy. And yes.. I had it for sale.. But.. since the deal fell through, I said fuck it and decided to enjoy the drive!

Funny...the first time I drove the road to Hana, I kept thinking how much better it would be if I was driving a sports car. I guess if you went during a lower tourism season you'd have less traffic, but encounter a lot more rain and the wet roads wouldn't help your enjoyment of the road any.

Beautiful shots of your NSX at Haleakala. I drove up there the first time this past December. Good thing you didn't go earlier in the year...there was snow up there.

Beautiful pics... love the white.
Wife and I were there for the honey moon in 04. Yes, there were lots of slow drivers. I felt that I was speeding at 45mph.
Could'nt have picked a better place.

I've been to Maui several times since I have a timeshare in Kaaanpali, but only saw one NSX a few years ago(Kaiser Silver)...Would love to take one up and down Haleakala, but too many damn mountain bike tours and slow driving tourist...can't imagine how fun that would be on a closed course!!!

I'll be in Maui and Oahu at the end of Sep...Maybe I'll see you there!!!:wink:

BTW, the road to Hana sucks in any car, but you gotta do it once:redface:

Last edited:
I've been to Maui several times since I have a timeshare in Kaaanpali, but only saw one NSX a few years ago(Kaiser Silver)...Would love to take one up and down Haleakala, but too many damn mountain bike tours and slow driving tourist...can't imagine how fun that would be on a closed course!!!

BTW, the road to Hana sucks in any car, but you gotta do it once:redface:

They don't allow the bike tours above the National park Gate. But they do ride down below that. I drove up in the Afternoon so as I was flying up the mountain, I passed alot of bikers and the tour guides gave me the WTF face.. I did slow down a bit as they passed..

As for the Tourists... the past couple times I went.. they actually moved out of the way a few times.. and some try and keep up with me in the turns.. It's pretty funny when you see a Rental Magnum or Jeep try and keep up.. till they see the sharp corner and slow down like crazy.

I'll be on Maui from the beginning to mid-September.

I saw one NSX during my only visit to Oahu, but not on Maui, Kauai, or the Big Island.

I don't think you'll see too many cool sports cars on the big island as the economy there is slower. Oahu for sure though. I stopped counting how many times I saw some old dude in a Ferrari the last time I was in Oahu. Anyway, great photos!

You took your X to Hana?? Nuts!

So did you have any clearance issues with the Superferry? How about with the Supra or the Vette? I'd like to travel on the ferry, but I'm worried about jacking my front end. Also, how is the parking? I hear it's packed pretty tight. Don't want some moke to give me door dings either.

Are you tracking the Supra again next month? If you do, bring the X instead of the Vette.:smile: I didn't get to see it, though some of my friends spotted you on the road last week.

I love those above the clouds pics. That is pretty sweet.

Back