• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx in Minneapolis

Jusy bought my 1st Nsx. :D It's a 1996 Midnight Pearl. It has a compteck SC, Headers, Exhaust, Shortened gears, fully adjustable suspension with Koni shocks, Volk LE 37's, Bermo brakes and cross drilled roters. She is getting shiped in from NY and should be here by Sun. I was wondering if anyone in the Minneapolis area can sugest a good mechanic to do service on the car that is familiar with the compteck upgrades. Also who else in the minneapolis area has an Nsx?

01 M3 conv. 96 Nsx, 00 Drz

Congrats! It sounds pretty much tricked out already. For basic services (oil changes etc) I use Acura of Bloomington. However for any major work I drive to Wisconsin and see John Vasos, Acura of Brookfield. Best group of NSX mecanics in the midwest. In fact next week I'll be heading that way for a clutch install, short gears and 4.23 R&P.

Maynard

I bought my car from Brooklyn Park Acura this past summer. They originally had it new (it was in the 97 Minneapolis Auto show) then sold it to a doctor in the cities. He and his wife decided to have kids, so the dealership bought the car back from him. Every service was done at this dealership and from what I've been told, they have a very seasoned NSX mechanic who is the only one who works on them.

So just a thought. I'm sure you are pumped to get your car. I live in SE Minnesota, so maybe we'll have to get together sometime and compare notes.

I haven't needed any service yet, but I plan to go there when I do. I'll let you know the next time I'll be up in the area....

I've had my '91 for 3 years and have used Buerkle Acura (Brooklyn Park) for all of the work I didn't want to tackle myself (clutch, timing belt/water pump). They've done an excellent job for me.

Sounds like you've got a nice car. If you're ever interested in doing some autocrossing, let me know. There's an event at Midway tomorrow and at Valley Fair the following Sunday.

Dave

Hello,

I too am a new NSX owner. I live in Inver Grove Heights. I just got a stock 1993 (95 wheels) with 80k. Had it shipped from Florida. What a nighmare, but that's a whole nother story. I too am looking for a good mechanic.

I went to Bloomington Acura and was none too impressed when I asked them to have a mechanic listen to the engine to see if the lifter noise was normal. They came back and said "no one is available right now".

Maynard, if you could let me know how Brooklyn Park treats you I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Frank

PM or call Mo from Elite Autosports in Minneapolis (screen name Elite). He does a lot of work for the local Minneapolis members and is currently building a huge turbo setup for his personal NSX. Great group of guys over there.

Hey guys,

First of all congratulations on the NSX purchase!

I am located downtown and I'm actually on my 3rd NSX :) The current one is a intercooled BBSC.

Actually, the car is sitting at Mo's (elite autosports) being tuned and having the custom intercooler made, since the intercooler replaces the exhaust, new exahusts and mufflers have to be made ......

therefore, I have a Taitec parrellel exhaust for sale, email me or call me if you are interested

A few friends of mine are also planning a track event down at Mid America Motorplex, IA on the 23rd and 24th

If any of you are also interested, once again email me for details. its $110 each day I'll be down there, a track FD Rx7, 04 Porsche GT3, some audi S4's. a Viper SRT-10 and possibly a C6 vette.

In anycase, it would be nice to meet other NSX members locally before it starts snowing! :)

Kevin
95 NSX-T
00 CLK430
01 GMC Denali XL
00 Audi S4

I was debating on replying to this thread... currently we are making some changes to our location and things are a bit cluttered. We needed more space and are moving an office and installing a couple of lifts. Because of this,
there is stuff laying everywhere. I planned on replying and inviting anyone interested in stopping by after all the changes and cleanup have been completed. But if anyone wants to stop by, feel free to do so at any time, you are always welcome.

BTW thanks Devin and Kevin for the recommendation.

I have been asking around town a lot about who to talk to about working on my car. The same name keeps comming up (Elite). I plan to head down there sometime this week and check it out. Thanks for the invite Mo. What is the adress there? Anyone want to meet me down there B-4 it gets to cold?

Maynard

I might be able to meet you down there, but it probably won't be until next week. I'm on vacation from the 18th thru the 24th. If you get down there this week no problem. Let me know your thoughts on the place....

Track Event at Mid America Motorplex Oct 23rd

Hi, wondering if any of you are interested in a Lapping event a friend of mine is hosting on the 23rd and 24th of this month. Its only $110/day and you can also sign up for 1 of the 2 days. I am cuurently signed up for Saturday only. Plan to take off on Friday evening and return Saturday.

So far, the confirmed cars going down are a track prepped RX7, my NSX, either a friends 04 Audi S4 or Porsche GT3, 2 silver Viper SRT-10s, a 2001 modded S4. I think there is also an evo and sti going down

Please let me know if any of you are interested asap so that i can send you to the sign up site. It would nice to see anothe NSX down there!

http://www.midamericamotorplex.com

here is a conversation on some details of this event.

Regarding driving instructor ....

ddelahuerta: for $100 more the track will get an instructor for noobies... the cost can be shared among all the peopl who want instructors, but i need to know NOW and they have to be prepaid so that i can tell the track to secure a instructor

Regarding event schedule ....

ddelahuerta: basically its drivers meetign in the morning (8:00 am), parade laps for noobies at 8:30 and cars driving by 9:00am, then switching groups every 15-20 min until 12, break for lunch for 1 hour, then back to driving till 4 or 5 pm

Regarding Rules of event ....

ddelahuerta: sure, its open lapping however there is no passing in the turns, only in the designated straights, and contract passing only, so you can only pass if the car in front points you buy, passing is done on the left and the car being passed moves to the right

ddelahuerta: all the details will be explained by the track master durign the drivers meeting in the monring, passing, flags, , all that will be explained

Regarding the cars that will be down there ....

ddelahuerta: hehe, well its not a car show, there are not gonna see show cars there, but there will be some full on track cars (like mine), some prepared street cars...so things like my rx7, some prepped z06s, prepped NSX, Audi S4's, possibly a few porsches, usually a few evos and wrxs show up, then a few lower end cars

streetscenes... I think that's a good idea on a MN meet before winter. They are saying rain all next week, but we might be able to find a decent day. I'm pretty flexible because I'm off all week. Whoever is interested, let's plan a day.

I'm anxious to see Maynards car....I have yet to see the blue NSX in person.

Big Thanks To Elite And Payn

Just wanted to throw out a HUGE thank you to ELITE Autosports and Payn Technologies for all the help provided by MO and Devin.

A little risky .... but I basically drove the NSX away from Elite after a lot of custom work and tuning (1 month) and hit the freeway for a 5-6 hour drive down to Mid-America, woke up the next morning and did ~ 100 miles of lap time throughout the day.

The car was put through its paces ALL day running with Vipers, full track-prepped ZO6's and RX7's and all sorts of High HP cars. At 9.5lbs of boost, run after every run, the car held up, the intake temps were night and day between s/c side and intake side throughout the 80 degree day. Power was consistent and definitely felt over 400 whp consistently. One of the driving instructors took the car out and commented as being the next best car he's driven since the race-prepped T1 SCCA class Z06's :eek: ... Nothing compares to the balance of a mid-engined car on the track

On top of all that, the car made the 5-6 hour return hike back to Minneapolis from the Omaha area.

Just wanted to say thanks to all that helped get the car ready. Devin your 3.1 " pulley is coming back asap, and Mo, you still need to drive this damn thing! its sweet!

Now when are going for this final drive before the snow hits??? Looks like it will be nice this week

MAM_NSX.jpg

Last edited:
I stopped by Elite tonight, and met Mo and Kevin. Hung out and talked shop for hours!!!! It looks like Mo and company have some interesting plans in the works. Stay tuned!!! Also I got to check out Kevin's monster, from the passenger seat AND drivers seat! :biggrin: (thanks again Kev!!) It seems as though Elite has the NSX figured out. It only took them a few months, while others have been at it for years and years and still detonating motors. I tell you what, if Kevin's car remains trouble free, and they get some other projects up and running, I have a feeling they will need to hire a full-time receptionist for the million of phone calls they will be getting!!!!!

Any midwest NSX'r visiting the twin cities, you need to take the time to stop by Elite.

It was very nice meeting you Tom(and your friend...). Glad to here you enjoyed your visit to the shop. Let me know when you need to take care of that clutch... we'll treat you right:) Hopefully in the spring I'll be up your way and you can show me the proper lines at RA.

I don't own an nsx (but i'd like to)... Anyways, in the summer i kept seeing a yellow late 97 - 2001 NSX in the woodbury area - different rims is about all i could tell from the distance.

matt

Back