• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX LED Taillight conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man. I can't wait to receive the first set so can work on the prototype. Remember guys that this system I'm making is for full LED taillights that are completely plug and play: brake/parking lights, turn signals, reverse lights, and center section.
Pending the finished product and cost, I would buy a set.

Last edited:
Please make sure they:
- have proper delay for turn signals
- generate no dash warning lights
- require no non-reversible wiring changes

I'd love for them to include a connector for the OEM harness.

If you can do all that, I am in. I also have an extra set I can send in.

Can you post your thoughts on Pulse Width Modudulation, where you would segment things, # of LEDs, etc?

You have a PM. :)
Please make sure they:
- have proper delay for turn signals
- generate no dash warning lights
- require no non-reversible wiring changes

I'd love for them to include a connector for the OEM harness.

If you can do all that, I am in. I also have an extra set I can send in.

Can you post your thoughts on Pulse Width Modudulation, where you would segment things, # of LEDs, etc?

I don't see how this can be done for that kind of pricing. There is a reason why clearcorners charges that much. $500? I think the LEDs alone will cost more than that. Anyway, more power to you. If you can produce a good product at that reasonable of a price then I will be a customer too.

The LEDs alone will not cost that much, I buy my supplies through a vendor who has extremely reasonable prices. If anyone wants me to raise my prices, by all means please let me know. I just don't feel like scalping people for this kind of work. Like I said before, the price is only a rough estimate, if I find there are more supplies to be bought and more work involved, I will adjust my price accordingly. I appreciate your concern, I hope to make a set for you.
I don't see how this can be done for that kind of pricing. There is a reason why clearcorners charges that much. $500? I think the LEDs alone will cost more than that. Anyway, more power to you. If you can produce a good product at that reasonable of a price then I will be a customer too.

clearcorners prices are CRIMINAL thats why there are only maybe a handful of NSX owners with them...

im in for that kind of pricing

i guess ill wait to see a finished product

I need to test about my prototype LED taillights, anyone want to help?

Hi,

I have started the LED taillight conversion prototype for the Acura NSX:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115253

I will be finished with the taillight prototype up sometime between 2 weeks and one month. I was wondering if anyone around my area with a Acura NSX would be able to let me test these prototype taillights on your vehicle? I will let you install them if you feel more comfortable working on your own car. I can assure you that the electrical wiring on the vehicle will not be damaged in any way. All I need to do plug them in and to record how they behave. I will also offer this person a discount on a set of my LED taillights if they agree to let me test them out on their vehicle. I live in New Hampshire. Please let me know if you are in the area and I would love to speak with you.

Thank You

I'll be in for a set, PENDING review(s), finish product & final cost.

Here is a list of current orders to fill:

1. slownsxt
2. Jagtiger
3. Oyagi
4. grtahoang
5. RMFOR2
6. Deltron Zero
7. Racerxjling
8. Onsoku -->Also in for a set, PENDING review(s), finish product & final cost. Must all-weather capable...my car is a daily driver, all-seasons [So. Cal. anyway!].

Any more takers?

Last edited:
There will definitely be quality in these lights for sure. I don't skimp out on the details. I treat these taillights as if they were my own. I went through a couple design changes in my Toyota Tacoma project just to get it perfect.
well as everyone else said I want in for this kind of pricing as long as the quality remains...

I just want to let you guys know about the confrontation I had between me and ClearCorners. Go to last page on the thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75292&page=2

A bunch of you NSX enthusiasts asked for me to make these LED taillights perform and look similar to the taillights produced by ClearCorners. I followed up with your demands and did a lot of the research on my own, calling a bunch of people, private messaging many members on this site, and so forth. I even sent an email to ClearCorners with the intent to buy his taillights to match the output of mine. I didn't want to blatantly copy his design. That is completely uncalled for. I have my own design in my mind and am willing to share it with all of you upon request. I just needed some other information regarding the LED brake lights and turn signals so I wouldn't have any hyperblinking issues and error codes from the vehicle. I would NEVER copy someone elses design scheme to profit off it. You all should know that I am a Mechanical Engineering college student trying to learn everything more and more everyday outside the normal stuff they teach us in the classroom. The material they teach us doesn't amuse me as much as this does. I don't have a Acura NSX to work all the time, honestly, I don't have that much time in general. I'm busy running 70-80 miles a week on my college's cross country and track team while studying for a master's in Mechanical Engineering, on top of building LED taillight sets. Some people might say it's too much, I don't. I have a passion for building these LED taillights and have a passion for building anything else related. But I saw an automotive society in desperate need of a person who was willing to make LED taillight sets not merely for the money, but for the joy, the knowledge, and the chance to be noticed in the automotive community.

I still want to make everyone quality sets of LED taillights at reasonable prices. I still think these LED taillights can be made at 1/4 the price ClearCorners is selling them for. Every other car out there has some seller producing LED taillights for all those other quick cars. You guys shouldn't have to be without quality LED taillights at reasonable prices. If you have any further comments or questions, please send me a message. I want to make this work for everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back