• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX LED Taillight conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSX LED Taillight Conversion

I am producing full LED taillight retrofit for the Acura NSX. I know there is a great interest in LED taillight conversions by Acura NSX owners. You guys deserve some quality LED taillights for a price way cheaper than some companies producing these.

I currently have the first set of taillights in my possession to make the first prototype set and am almost finished with it.

PM me or reply to this thread if you are interested.

Here is a list of current orders to fill:

1. slownsxt
2. Jagtiger - On hold until further notice
3. Oyagi - On hold until further notice
4. grtahoang
5. RMFOR2 - On hold until further notice
6. Deltron Zero - In progress
7. doc_tai
8. Racerxjling
9. BluryNSX
10. Onsoku
11. martin
12. angus
13. MJK
14. DRIFTER
- ffffanman
15. djimenez
16. 350ztoronto
17. socalx
18. SexyRed
19. arturo9801
20. dgrayson
21. Zishan
22. Dhalsim - squares design
23. Fireballs_92nsx
24. LastExile
25. GlowNSX
26. xory72
27. Maximumyield
28. lutera
29. mmerical
30. Frank Spano
31. RudeBoy_baby_NSX
32. tnguyen
33. cptnsx
34. NSX-Files
35. Ashik
36. average joe

Any more takers?

Price list:

Full LED Left and Right Taillights
(Includes LED Brake Lights, Parking Lights, Turn Signals, and Reverse Lights): $600

LED Center Section: $100 (included with LED Taillights); $150 (by itself)

Custom Designs: original price + estimated additional labor and design cost

Accessories:

Full Replacement Taillight Weather Stripping: $100

LED brightness controller: $50

This addition will be comprised of 4 control knobs, 2 per side. One for the brake lights, and one for the parking lights, mounted on the backside of the taillights.

All prices do not include shipping.

Option:

For all the NA1 owners, I will charge you a $500 core charge since I already have a set of NA1 taillight in my possession that I will ship to you. Once you receive my LED taillight set, you can ship your stock taillights back to me to receive a $500 refund for your exchanged core taillight set. The refund may also be reduced if I receive poor quality taillights.

Thank You

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my two standard model pics:

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02270.jpg

DSC02281.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

DSC02386.jpg

DSC02393.jpg

DSC02417.jpg

DSC02424.jpg

DSC02417.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: These taillights are for offroad use only. I can not and will not be responsible for any local, state, and DOT law violations you receive using these lights. Buy purchasing these lights, you agree to accept all responsibility in using these lights, whether it be proper or improper use. If you do not accept my terms, please do not purchase my products.

Last edited:
Well, the Toyota Tacoma taillights took me a little bit because I had to design the layout, for the prototype, it might take up to a month, or it might be as little as two weeks.. I hope your donor set is either an extra set you have or that your NSX isn't a daily driver at the moment. As far as pricing goes, I can offer you half of what I am normally going to charge if you offer my up your set. I cannot currently set a firm price because on this retrofit because I have yet to find the labor involved in this process. For now, I have all the supplies to get this job done.
I'd be open to sending you my set. What kind of turn around time and pricing? (FREE for 1st time :) )

Last edited:
PM sent:cool:

You've got my interest as well. I'd like to see what you come up with too.

This will be intresting to watch. Great quality and fair pricing and you may have your hands full of orders.:wink:

Thanks for your interest guys.

Doner taillights agreement pending as of right now. Once the first set it done, I can pump thes things out like crazy.

Last edited:
It's about time! Quality and reasonable price conversion - count me in. :wink:

1. Jagtiger

Great guys, I'm still negotiating the first prototype, but as soon as I can get it, I can start cutting out circuit boards and test fitting. I'll include progress pics too for you guys so you don't have to guess how it's made.

Last edited:
I would be interested as well..I have 3 more NSX owners too...I would like to know how your quality is as for fit finish as I dont want leaky lights or wires dangling etc.etc... not to insult you but quality without INSANE prices like clearcorners.com...

keep this alive guys chime in

Great guys, I'm still negotiating the first prototype, but as soon as I can get it, i can start cutting out circuit boards and test fitting. I'll include progress pics too for you guys so you don't have to guess how it's made.

I like your mentality already NSX owners love pics and build steps.....remember there are two types of NSX lights 91-01 and 02-05.....

If you need a 02-05 set lemme know

Last edited:
Cool idea!

Count me in!

Finally!

I am very eager for this. Can we get a PWM solution?

Some good previous threads:
One, another, and lots more.

I'd love to see something similar to what was done here:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well first starters, I use nothing but the best superflux LED out there, made by Philips Lumileds. I custom cut the circuit board to fit precisely inside each of my customer's taillights. I am well aware of pulse width modulation but use a similar process to control the brightness of the LEDs to distinguish the difference between the parking lights and brake lights. On my previous build, the LEDs used for the parking and brake lights were the exact same LEDs. For finish purposes, I add some chrome finish on the side of the board where the LEDs are so you don't see that ugly circuit board behind the taillight lenses. When I reassemble the taillights for delivery, if need be a will apply clear sealant to the edges to prevent condensation in the taillights. For a back up against circuit board damage due to water, I spray the electrical circuitry with a couple coats of clear coat to act as a water barrier.
I would be interested as well..I have 3 more NSX owners too...I would like to know how your quality is as for fit finish as I dont want leaky lights or wires dangling etc.etc... not to insult you but quality without INSANE prices like clearcorners.com...

keep this alive guys chime in

Last edited:
I will definitely keep you in mind if I need your set for my build. i will see which style the first set I receive is, if they are 91-01, I'll be in contact.
I like your mentality already NSX owners love pics and build steps.....remember there are two types of NSX lights 91-01 and 02-05.....

If you need a 02-05 set lemme know

I will definatly buy one once a few people have chimed in with positive feedback after install. Also, what is the price?

That price cannot be fully established yet, but I'm estimating somewhere between $400 and $600. I think this is reasonable being the ClearCorners charges almost $2000 for theirs. Remember, these taillights are made by hand and will be FULL LED taillights, meaning left side, right side, and center section full of LEDs. Thank you for your interest.
I will definatly buy one once a few people have chimed in with positive feedback after install. Also, what is the price?

Last edited:
It will be similar to Clearcorners. It will look very profession. One of the only differerences I see possibly from my design compared to ClearCorners is that I will be using the same LEDs for the parking and brake lights instead of ClearCorner's idea where only half are illuminated and the other half go on when braking. Let me know if you are still interested and I can put you on the list.
I'm in for an 02+ if it's similar to Clearcorners.

I'm still interested, but would like to see the final product first. Put me on the list. At that price, a good quality LED conversion is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back