• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX merchandise (hats, shirts)

Joined
6 February 2002
Messages
680
Location
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know where to get NSX logo baseball caps and t-shirts? I would think Acura sells that, but they don't or I can't find them.

Thanks in advance!

------------------
Don Nowak
[email protected]
NSXTC in Georgia
1992 Red Twin-Turbo
 
I got a nice sweatshirt off an e-bay seller with the letters 'NSX' embroidered on the front. Seller and inventory as of about a month ago was:
PATRICIA CICERO
436A DORSEYVILLE RD.
PITTSBURGH, PA. 15215
PAYMENTS: Check, M.O., Paypal, Mastercard/Visa
My paypal address is: [email protected]

Polo-style shirt: 100% cotton, red, white, navy blue, black, gray, royal blue, green; $25.00. Add $2.00 for
Size XXL
Sweatshirt: 80% cotton/20% poly, red, black, white, navy blue, royal blue, green, gray; $30.00
T-Shirt: 100% heavy cotton embroidered. Variety of colors; S to XXL $15.00
Denim shirt: 100% cotton blue denim, button-down shirt with pocket and logo; $35.00
Sweater: 100% cotton, crew neck or V-neck, pullover, black, bone, natural, navy; $59.00

Fleece jacket: full front zip fleece, black, charcoal, navy, green; $59.00
Microfiber jacket: lightweight, black, navy and khaki; $75.00
Wool and leather jacket: black varsity style wool with leather
sleeves; $125.00
BOMBER JACKET : All Leather, Soft Lambskin $179.00; NEW ITEM
Windbreaker: Full front zip, lined, hood inside collar; adjustable cuff. Colors: black, yellow $49.00
Poly/Cotton Poplin Black/Red Sport Jacket: lightweight, zippered with storm flap, standup collar, 2 patch
pockets, Black with red trim; $75.00
Red Meet Jacket: lightweight full front zip, stand up collar, storm flap with black on inside of flap. $59.00.

Robe:, White (OSFM) 100% terry cloth; 3/4 sleeve, patch pockets $59.00

Sportbag: 24" X 12 X 11" black and navy; $45.00
Leather Like Black Sportbag: Heavy duty 24" X 13" X 12" with logo embroidered on side $55.00
Matching attache' $49.99
Genuine soft leather bag: Black or Brown 22"X11X10" $79.00
Blanket: black, charcoal, navy, forest or red w/ black whipstitch edging, $40.00
Hats: $20.00
 
Wow, you have a great memory!
biggrin.gif
 
Buy the NSX Prime stuff offered here. I bought a sweatshirt and another item - good quality, fast service - you support this site and say thank you for all you've learned and the good times you've had reading all the info available here.
 
I got a nice sweatshirt off an e-bay seller with the letters 'NSX' embroidered on the front.

You can have ANYTHING embroidered with the letters NSX. But if it's not the NSX logo (in the NSX font), with no other reference to the NSX, it doesn't do much - not for me, anyway.

Lud's NSXprime merchandise does use the NSX logo.
 
Upfront disclosure before posting: I have been the NSXCA vendor for apparel since NSXPO99.

Having said this, do realize that whenever you purchase an item an apparel from NSXCA or NSXPrime you are sponsoring and support the activities of such organizations.

And for the record, NSXCA apparel and merchandise is produced under a licensing agreement with American Honda/Acura whereas the party on the e-bay is not.

YMMV but my comments are intended to support those who support and contribute to this community.

Please no flames .......

Hrant
KHrant Enterprises
98-T/Black-Tan
 
Originally posted by 1HOT NSX:
Buy the NSX Prime stuff offered here. I bought a sweatshirt and another item - good quality, fast service - you support this site and say thank you for all you've learned and the good times you've had reading all the info available here.

I agree wholeheartedly...this is a fantastic website and worthy of our support.
 
I have seen quite a few pieces of the NSXCA merchandise and it is all first rate quality - I would recommend any of it.

You can see the available items (sans logo) and prices here: http://www.nsxca.org/logoitems.htm

The site does not explain this, but all the NSXCA stuff I have seen has a nice embroidered logo. I really wish the NSXCA website showed a photo of the actual logo on the product though. The stuff looks great and I think that would help sell more of it.

Also, thanks to everyone for their support of this site. I've been amazed how many items some people have ordered! Just knowing that people like the site enough to buy the merchandise is worth more than anything.

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 09 February 2002).]
 
What NSXPrime merchandise? When I do a search of the FAQ for 'merchandise', I got 3 links, none of which worked. Neither did the NSXCA.ORG links mentioned in two appends to this forum. I have nothing against supporting this site by buying stuff .. the reason I bought from ebay was I was having trouble finding stuff elsewhere
 
What NSXPrime merchandise?

I hadn't heard about it either. When someone mentioned it, I checked and found the link from the NSXprime home page. Or, to make it easier for you - just click here.
 
Tks for the link. I have the Forums bookmarked and rarely go to the NSXPrime home page so didn't see the recent addition of a link to the merchandise. As a person new to the forums, it's not obvious to me what the significance of 'prime' in NSX Prime is. Why is the logo focused on the organization instead of the car itself?
 
Originally posted by NSX2398:
Tks for the link. I have the Forums bookmarked and rarely go to the NSXPrime home page so didn't see the recent addition of a link to the merchandise. As a person new to the forums, it's not obvious to me what the significance of 'prime' in NSX Prime is. Why is the logo focused on the organization instead of the car itself?

I don't really understand your question. NSX Prime is simply the name of the website, thus the merchandise for the website has that logo. It would probably be pushing Honda to act on the trademark violation if I or anyone else without a license agreement were to start selling merchandise that simply had the "NSX" logo on it. At the very least it would be unethical.
 
Lud, I guess my point was that when I was considering some NSX logo wear, I was looking for something that had a connection to the car itself (like a picture) although in the end I settled for a sweatshirt with just NSX on the front. (BTW, in response to an early comment, the stitching does seem to use the NSX font, although it may not be a licensed logo).

I can also understand that some people (including me) like to also have logo wear of an organization that they've joined (eg. NSXCA) or of an event they've attended (eg. NSeXPO - I may have mis-spelled that) but having one that features the name of a website doesn't really excite me (including NSXSC).

I understand and support the idea of having logo wear sales go to support the site but can't we do that and at the same time put some cool NSX images on the merchandise. For example, I'd love to see the semi transparent cutaway of the car that's shown at the top of the FAQ section; or even that really cool cutaway of the engine that Larry Bastanza uses as his avatar .. or even the gorgeous engine picture that Mark uses (NSXTech). I even bought a t-shirt off ebay that has a highly exaggerated 'cartoon' image of an NSX just because I thought it looked cool.

I understand that we need to consider the issues of trademarks/licensing/etc and maybe that's why you've avoided using some of these other ideas in the past but if no one has approached Acura, then maybe it's worth a try to at least understand what might be acceptable (eg. Mark's engine picture instead of Larry's engineering cutaway). I'll even volunteer if the group thinks it's worthwhile
 
an event they've attended (eg. NSeXPO - I may have mis-spelled that)

WHOA!!! I must have missed that event, is it held in the Bay area some where?
biggrin.gif


------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan
 
Originally posted by NSX2398:
I understand and support the idea of having logo wear sales go to support the site but can't we do that and at the same time put some cool NSX images on the merchandise. For example, I'd love to see the semi transparent cutaway of the car that's shown at the top of the FAQ section; or even that really cool cutaway of the engine that Larry Bastanza uses as his avatar .. or even the gorgeous engine picture that Mark uses (NSXTech). I even bought a t-shirt off ebay that has a highly exaggerated 'cartoon' image of an NSX just because I thought it looked cool.

I understand that we need to consider the issues of trademarks/licensing/etc and maybe that's why you've avoided using some of these other ideas in the past but if no one has approached Acura, then maybe it's worth a try to at least understand what might be acceptable (eg. Mark's engine picture instead of Larry's engineering cutaway). I'll even volunteer if the group thinks it's worthwhile

I agree with you 100%. As you guessed, the reason I do not offer any of those images on the merchandise I'm selling from the site is simply that I have no licensing agreement with Honda. Honda owns ALL of the images you mentioned.

If you are willing to take the time to contact Honda regarding letting us (me or whoever else) use them, that would be fantastic! I would love to have some shirts with the images you mentioned as well!
 
I was going to create a new thread but I figured I'd just post here. I to have been looking for NSX apparel. Anyone know any websites or something with any?

Here is a shirt I bought a long time ago. I'm looking for something like this.

 
Back
Top