• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Motorized Front License Plate Kit ~ Now you see it, Now you dont! (Wireless Key)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been offering a similar kit to many of our s2000 and local sports car clients so decided to do an installation on one of our NSX's here to show how the product works!

For many states you need a front license plate by law but this is a nifty system so it can be stored away while at car shows or even during photoshoots. As you can see when concealed the front plate is hardly noticeable.

Each system is complete and includes:

- 2 wireless key fobs
- Simple two wire installation to battery or fuse box
- Motor control box with simple connections
- License Plate unit with plastic plate to attach your license plate
- Metal Strapping bracket
- Hardware

Price is $169.95 for the kit plus $25 shipping

**For local SF Bay Area folks, we do offer installation while you wait, shoot us a PM to make an appt**

Paypal: [email protected]

here's a few pictures:

In stored hidden mode:

Flipped out:

Top View:

Last edited:
We have been offering a similar kit to many of our s2000 and local sports car clients so decided to do an installation on one of our NSX's here to show how the product works!

For many states you need a front license plate by law but this is a nifty system so it can be stored away while at car shows or even during photoshoots. As you can see when concealed the front plate is hardly noticeable.

Each system is complete and includes:

- 2 wireless key fobs
- Simple two wire installation to battery or fuse box
- Motor control box with simple connections
- License Plate unit with plastic plate to attach your license plate
- Metal Strapping bracket
- Hardware

Price is $179 shippped in lower 48 states

Paypal: [email protected]

here's a few pictures:

In stored hidden mode:

Flipped out:

Top View:

Like to see a video of this in action.

Can you post more pictures of how the kit is installed on the NSX ? W as there any drilling or taping or splicing involved ?

I like this! I will be transferring my title over from Louisiana to Texas soon so will be need this. Here in Texas they just pass a law saying front license plate is a must or else up to $200 in fine! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post picture of this kit on a pre 02 front bumper please?!

Can you post more pictures of how the kit is installed on the NSX ? W as there any drilling or taping or splicing involved ?

No splicing, no cutting of wires. You ground the black wire to any chassis bolt, red wire goes to battery terminal or any 12v+ source at the fuse box. That's it for wiring! For the bracket installation, we have found a trick to use the OEM front bolt bracket to attach the main chassis. In conjunction with our supplied 3M tape it's mighty strong so no holes need to be drilled. Optional: Small stainless hardware is provided for 2 small tap points if you want more security (such as on the race track)

I like this! I will be transferring my title over from Louisiana to Texas soon so will be need this. Here in Texas they just pass a law saying front license plate is a must or else up to $200 in fine! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post picture of this kit on a pre 02 front bumper please?!

We will try to snap more pictures of a pre-02 kit next time a local customer drops by for an installation!

Got one for the rear plate for avoiding tollway and red light cameras too? :D

Got one for the rear plate for avoiding tollway and red light cameras too? :D

LOL we actually do have a rear plate solution but since it's too 007 stuff, we do not advertise it nor do we condone breaking the law. This plate system is primarily intended to keep the front of the car "clean" for photoshoots.

pretty damn cool!

Here's my short video hope this link can be open. If not ill try again. I had to make a couple of alterations to make this work. I didn't want plate to be higher than the bumper.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2erpa4emkec7qq8/2013-12-12 14.32.54.mp4

thanks for the video, looks great!~

Item is in stock for immediate shipment. Sorry we have no plans to sell the rear version at this time. If you really want one, email/PM us and we can discuss offline.

For local bay area NSX owners, we'll be glad to help you with the installation if needed. Currently sold out but expecting another shipment this week so thanks for the patience on the orders that were received.

cheers!

Is there anyway it could be wired up to automatically come out when the engine is started?

Let me check with our installer but I don't see why not. Essentially you will wire the power (Red) cable to ignition to trigger the unit to operate as needed. Any car stereo shop should be able to help you out ~ great idea :)

Let me check with our installer but I don't see why not. Essentially you will wire the power (Red) cable to ignition to trigger the unit to operate as needed. Any car stereo shop should be able to help you out ~ great idea :)
Alright thanks, I want something automatic, I am sure I would probably be able to modify it I am pretty good with wiring and electronics. PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back