• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Named Ultimate Rides By MSN Auto

Good, I have always stated that the NSX change the way the highend exotic car market is today...of course many people don't want to hear that!

We won't know for a number of years, however, I can't imagine that the NSX will not be regarded as a landmark automobile and that honor will be reflected in continuing excelating pricing. This car just has too many innovations, has been lauded by too many critics and is truly in a unique class (first affordable, reliable 'super' car). My prophasy will probably take another two decades, but I have a fairly strong sense that it will come true...

Good read, thanks for posting the link. I was pretty surprised that no BMW M Cars made that list.

We won't know for a number of years, however, I can't imagine that the NSX will not be regarded as a landmark automobile and that honor will be reflected in continuing excelating pricing. This car just has too many innovations, has been lauded by too many critics and is truly in a unique class (first affordable, reliable 'super' car). My prophasy will probably take another two decades, but I have a fairly strong sense that it will come true...

Yes! It's nice to know I have good taste, because I have them all.*

*Matchbox cars, that is.:redface:

one of the reason I bought this car "Today, the NSX is still considered to be the most reliable exotic car ever built."

This is one argument that would support the idea of buying one of those ultra-low '91's and locking it away in the garage for another 20 years.

one of the reason I bought this car "Today, the NSX is still considered to be the most reliable exotic car ever built."

+1, that's why I'm back. 103,xxx and going strong!

Ford GT 40 (first world-class american race-car) should have been on the list as well as the Pontiac GTO (arguably first true muscle car) replacing the ZR1 and the R8. ZR1 and R8 are each awesome but neither impacted the automotive landscape like the GT40 or the GTO IMO. Another honorable mention should have been the overhead cam Porsche Speedster.

"The 10 high-performance machines that shaped today's automotive landscape."

Huh?? That doesn't make sense - according to that title these cars should be pioneers for technology that impacts everyone. Sure they're all cool cars, some landmark cars, but most not shaping automotive landscape. Only ones close, the Miura's heritage still shows in Lamborghini, the 959's technology showed up in some later Porsche models, the NSX brought vtec to the forefront. That's it. What in the heck does an F1, Enzo, or Veyron have to do with the automotive landscape? They're all specialized cars, with no impact on the general "automotive landscape" IMHO.

Hi Guys, check the following link out:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=691566

"
The 10 high-performance machines that shaped today's automotive landscape.

"

I thought it was well-written and NSX is amongst some of the best sports car ever built, except maybe the last entry of 2009 ZR1!:biggrin::eek:

This is coming from the same clowns that wrote this about the NSX: :rolleyes::mad:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...er-bring-you-4500-dollars.aspx?slide-number=2

Back