• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Navigation Pod and Tablets

Do you think any of the smaller (6.5 - 7inch) tablets on the market would fit into our nav pods with little modifications?

10487DSCN4714.JPG

Thank you for your suggestion.

As for the photo, this is not my current setup. I found the photo online and I like the nav monitor setup.

it wouldnt fit

the only thing that Lithumus and I have found that fits the total width of the Navi Pod is the screen from an Acura TL/RL form years 2004-2008

picture.php

MugenNSXRR-178.jpg

So, how can I duplicate that speedo cluster and center console? What source parts are those? Anyone have any details? That's EXACTLY what I want to do.

MugenNSXRR-178.jpg

So, how can I duplicate that speedo cluster and center console? What source parts are those? Anyone have any details? That's EXACTLY what I want to do.

Apparently, nothing on that car is functional, all show, no go. The screen only displays the Mugen RR logo, that's it.

thats what i thought just by looking at it.

and the REDLINE goes to 5. so inless 5 is in the hundred thousand RPM mark its useless to even have a tach

Last edited:
thats what i thought just by looking at it.

and the REDLINE goes to 5. so inless 5 is in the hundred thousand RPM mark its useless to even have a tach

what redline? and the tach goes all the way to 9(k) rpm

Apparently, nothing on that car is functional, all show, no go. The screen only displays the Mugen RR logo, that's it.

If the buttons are in place and the screen is there, no reason why the proper electronics could not be in place to make it functional. If the source parts are from something in production with some modification, no reason why I (or someone else) couldn't re-create this and make it functional.

If the buttons are in place and the screen is there, no reason why the proper electronics could not be in place to make it functional. If the source parts are from something in production with some modification, no reason why I (or someone else) couldn't re-create this and make it functional.

oh I'm sure someone could recreate a functional setup, I'm just stating that this particular car is just a concept, doesn't run, no tranny, no headers/exhaust. In other words, all show, no go.

sorry in the pic it looked like a 5 instead of a 9 but then i went back and counted and your right it says 9 LOL my bad.

MugenNSXRR-178.jpg

What I find really interesting about this picture is how modern this NSX cabin looks without having to change the overall shape of almost any of it. Modernizing the center console really makes the difference. A new steering wheel and gauge cluster is just icing.

Are there more shots of the interior, or a writeup about this? I can't seem to locate it on http://speedhunters.com/.

edit: nevermind, Mugen NSX-RR, durr

Last edited:
Some other views...

It is almost frustrating to see something like this, because now you know the possibilities. Other than the screen angle (its terrible and probably can be improved) it looks great.

Hi,

It is almost frustrating to see something like this, because now you know the possibilities. Other than the screen angle (its terrible and probably can be improved) it looks great.

The angle isn't too bad...the main problem i think is that it's too deep down...you need to be looking straight at it so you don't miss any of the visible area of the screen.

But yes... this is probably one of the best updates one can do to his NSX...although i think that Vroom's console looks even better :wink:

Back