• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX on History International TODAY!

On History International (channel 146 here on Brighthouse cable in CFL) there will be a show on the 1991 NSX with Honda himself introducing it (recorded in 1991)! It's at 4PM EST!!!! The show name is called voyages!!!

I'll be recording it, I just have to figure out how to get it on my PC

Wow! Thanks, I didn't even know I had that channel. I just set the DVR to record it :smile:

On History International (channel 146 here on Brighthouse cable in CFL) there will be a show on the 1991 NSX with Honda himself introducing it (recorded in 1991)! It's at 4PM EST!!!! The show name is called voyages!!!

I don't get this channel on DIRECTV, I'll have to check Time Warner when I get home. It's airing at 1am PAC time on 9/10 if you miss this showing, at least that's what my iphone tells me on the "greyed out" DIRECTV channel.

This program is Automobiles: Honda Motor Company that was aired on the History Channel many times. The program is over 10 years old. You can buy this program on DVD from Amazon and it's called Honda NSX. There is footage on the NSX towards the end of the program but no video of Soichiro introducing the car. More details below.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123300

Figures that I am at work...hopefully they will repeat it.

Just watched it. Great program, focuses more on the history of Honda and how it all started. You have to watch 50mins before they get to the NSX but it's a worthwhile program to watch. Thanks for posting this or I would have missed it again.

Its on channel 271 on DTV on the west coast @1am thanks for the heads up! :biggrin:

you can always record it via analog via video out of your PVR into your PC or VCR. It isn't the best quality anyways, either that or USB key.(if your PVR supports that)

Just saw the nsx part. That was great info. I knew they were hand built, but didn't know a entire factory was made just to produce the nsx. That makes me feel good as there isn't a seperate factory for each Ferrari...or is there.

As I understand Ferarri; all their cars are what one would call fairly limited production. All they produce are sports cars of a high caliber - there is little to compare about the NSX and Ferarri. Although, this I believe was the first time a mass producer of autos developed one special plant for the production of a specific model; although parts were produced in several plants. Engine in one other parts in another. There was one assembly plant and much of it was hand done.

They produced, or set out to produce, only 25 per day, but were running 3 shifts during the early years to keep up with demand. Then it droppedto 25 a day once the deman slacked off. That's why the numbers were so limited in the later years. There is a great book on the subject and all true NSX enthusiasts should have it. It's a great read with lots of pics. I got it before I bought mine and I was pumped! Great book: Acura NSX: Honda's Supercar, by Brian Long. It's worth the price. Then there is a film on the NSX and it may have some of the footage that was in this recent Honda film on the History channel.

You know to even be a mechanic in the plant you had to compete for the "priveledge" - Japanese worker competition is stout and really legendary. You had to have been a Honda assembly tech for 10 years to even qualify to compete. Lots more info like that in the book.

Great stuff.

Back