• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Only Track Day @ Buttonwillow

I've lit a fire under my own ass on fixing my NSX for the event. You can add me to the list Jim, be happy to help out where needed. At the very least I can do ride along's for anyone who's interested.

Very cool Will, was hoping I would hear from you :)
Consider it done !

I've lit a fire under my own ass on fixing my NSX for the event. You can add me to the list Jim, be happy to help out where needed. At the very least I can do ride along's for anyone who's interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point Roger, great post !

well said Coz. This video always makes me laugh. I'm pretty sure thats you on the left.............

This one is also good. It's comedy but there is a lesson to learn..............

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. My writeup since I'm going to Button Willow at the end of the month and I needed a refresher on what I wrote. This time I will be driving my 97 NSX that has 38 more horsepower and is a six speed. This will add to things I need to deal with, but I hope after a few laps these changes will be a non issue.

Good luck to you on your track experience

Mario

**UPDATED**

I would like to start a list of guys that would like to instruct in the beginners " Blue " Group.
I ask that only people with major amounts of track time volunteer to be instructors.
I will hold a short NSX Instructor meeting the morning of to offer some suggestions on how to instruct, pre-session/after session discussion with your student and how to progress your student in the safest way possible.

Please PM me to discuss and I will add you to the list.

INSTRUCTOR LIST:

1. Jim Cozzolino
2. Ryan Rush
3. Jon Naya
4. William Drees
5. Micheal Tsay

STUDENT LIST: BLUE GROUP

1. akira3d
2. DASHNBY
3. LMR
4. Valhalla
5. Winx909

- - - Updated - - -

Great write up Mario, thanks for posting this !

Thanks for posting. My writeup since I'm going to Button Willow at the end of the month and I needed a refresher on what I wrote. This time I will be driving my 97 NSX that has 38 more horsepower and is a six speed. This will add to things I need to deal with, but I hope after a few laps these changes will be a non issue.

Good luck to you on your track experience

Mario

Last edited:
**UPDATED**

If you guys running in the Blue Group don't want instructors, speak up.
I assumed those in the Blue group wanted instructors, my bad....
Didn't mean to insult those with experience in the Blue Group
So we'll call it beginners :)

List is updated.
I would say we have plenty of instructors for the beginners that want instructors. Thanks guys for stepping up !

INSTRUCTOR LIST: (Beginners that want Instructors)

1. Jim Cozzolino
2. Ryan Rush
3. Jon Naya
4. William Drees
5. Micheal Tsay

STUDENT LIST: Beginners

1. DASHNBY
2. LMR
3. Valhalla
4. Winx909

Last edited:
So I got some bad new yesterday about my NSX. Sounds like there is a problem in the bottom end and will probably require a rebuild.... (again)

Needless to say i wont have my NSX to give ridealongs but, im still planning on being there to instruct/help out

So I got some bad new yesterday about my NSX. Sounds like there is a problem in the bottom end and will probably require a rebuild.... (again)

Needless to say i wont have my NSX to give ridealongs but, im still planning on being there to instruct/help out
This means you get to drive my car. Too bad I won't have a 4th gear. Damn it.

NSXs going down and track day hasn't even arrived yet lol

That really sucks Will...the "again" even sucks more, as I know too well, having been there and done that myself

Bummer; glad you're still going to make it.

Mike B

**UPDATED**

If you guys running in the Blue Group don't want instructors, speak up.
I assumed those in the Blue group wanted instructors, my bad....
Didn't mean to insult those with experience in the Blue Group
So we'll call it beginners :)

List is updated.
I would say we have plenty of instructors for the beginners that want instructors. Thanks guys for stepping up !

INSTRUCTOR LIST: (Beginners that want Instructors)

1. Jim Cozzolino
2. Ryan Rush
3. Jon Naya
4. William Drees
5. Micheal Tsay

STUDENT LIST: Beginners

1. DASHNBY
2. LMR
3. Valhalla
4. Winx909

Hi Jim

I am in the blue group right now and I would love some pointers from a fellow nsx driver...

I will PM also...

Thanks

Jeff

No worries Jeff, there will be plenty of us there that will go out and ride with you for sure !

Hi Jim

I am in the blue group right now and I would love some pointers from a fellow nsx driver...

I will PM also...

Thanks

Jeff

Is it really closed? I was able to move my work Sked and get sat off. Looks like there is still room in black. I am trying to email speedventures to get authorization for that group to register.

2 questions:

1. When do we make final payment?
2. Is it possible to store my car in a garage at the track and come back for it at a later date?

I have the final list below and now in the process of reconciling fees. There are some folks that did not specifically use the NSX Group code but you were flagged as having an NSX. If you DO NOT want to run with the NSX group you need to PM me immediately.

Winx909 (Are you in any of the list below?)

SPEED VENTURES BEGINNER RUN GROUP
I, Eric
C, JC
R, Les
D, Pablo

NSX RUN GROUP
A, Jonathan
B, Michael
C, Timothy
C, Kenny
C, Sung
C, Colin
C, Jeff
E, Roger
F, Nick
H, Adrian
K, Glen
K, Gregory
L, Jeff
Q, Ramon
R, Ryan
T, Si
T, Dan
T, Nguyen
Y, Regan
D, Thanh
H, Erik
T, Michael

- - - Updated - - -

2 questions:

1. When do we make final payment?
2. Is it possible to store my car in a garage at the track and come back for it at a later date?
A1: Speed Ventures will charge the Credit Card you used during sign-up once I lock down the fees. That will be in the next week.

A2: I'm not sure since Buttonwillow owns the track but SV rents out the garages from them. When you say "later date" how long do you expect that to be? I'll inquire with SV.

I have the final list below and now in the process of reconciling fees. There are some folks that did not specifically use the NSX Group code but you were flagged as having an NSX. If you DO NOT want to run with the NSX group you need to PM me immediately.

Winx909 (Are you in any of the list below?)

I, Eric
C, JC
R, Les
D, Pablo

NSX RUN GROUP
A, Jonathan
B, Michael
C, Timothy
C, Kenny
C, Sung
C, Colin
C, Jeff
E, Roger
F, Nick
H, Adrian
K, Glen
K, Gregory
L, Jeff
Q, Ramon
R, Ryan
T, Si
T, Dan
T, Nguyen
Y, Regan
D, Thanh
H, Erik
T, Michael

- - - Updated - - -[/

Uh...Missing an important name here...

C, Jim

;)

Updated list below.

I, Eric
C, JC
R, Les
D, Pablo
T, Nguyen

NSX RUN GROUP
A, Jonathan
B, Michael
C, Timothy
C, Kenny
C, Sung
C, Colin
C, Jeff
E, Roger
F, Nick
H, Adrian
K, Glen
K, Gregory
L, Jeff
Q, Ramon
R, Ryan
T, Si
T, Dan
Y, Regan
D, Thanh
H, Erik
T, Michael
M, Kuni (tentative pending blood transfusion and limb replacement on NSX)
D, Willem (tentative pending open heart transplant on NSX)

Not to worry, even if Regan doesn't like me anymore, I'm on the SV Instructors list for the weekend.
:)

Uh...Missing an important name here...

C, Jim

;)

Hi Ryu,

C, Jeff

I should be running with the blue group I talked to Speed Venture about that already...

I'm confused...I thought the blue intermediate group was part of the or a NSX run group...which I'm pretty sure I specified when I signed up with SV. What changed?

--Eric

Last edited:
Back