• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Owners Virtual Rally Scavenger Hunt

With all the world craziness going on right now and the limits on social interaction I figured a lot of owners are probably like me and itching to do something as a community. A buddy of mine just participated in a virtual rally scavenger hunt so I thought that would be a fun thing to do within the NSX family. I’m almost done organizing all of the details but I’m still trying to find decent prizes for the winners. I will continue to post details in this thread in the coming days about registering your team and what not (don’t worry it’s free). Just wanted to get the word out early.

I have gotten a few questions via PM from folks and some questions on FB so I wanted to provide a little more information...

The idea is that this is to be a fun "choose your own adventure" type Scavenger hunt. There is NO route planned, you can drive as many or as few miles as you want, stay as near or go as far from home as you want. You can do this alone or with a partner. Will be MUCH easier with a partner (even one of your kids). Yes I understand there is gas involved but it doesn't HAVE to be done in your NSX. I'm simply organizing this for NSX owners so if your car is currently under the knife, on jack stands, you're worried about putting miles on your car/tires, etc. then no sweat, just use your daily driver. The idea is to stoke some friendly competition and bring the community together for an event this year since NSXPO is postponed until 2021.

Any other questions feel free to drop me a line or ask here.

How this works:
1. Pick a partner (or do it solo, but MUCH easier with a partner) and pick a team name then email the team members names and team name to: rkymtnsx at gmail dot com

2. The hunt will be open from Saturday Aug 1, 2020 10am (your local time) until Sunday Aug 2, 2020 5pm (your local time). During this time period you can go out and find as many items as possible.

You can register anytime between now and 11:59pm Colorado Time on July 31, 2020. You MUST register ahead of time in order to participate!

Sounds interesting!

A little more details or insight into the general concept or idea of how this works?

Sounds interesting!

A little more details or insight into the general concept or idea of how this works?

So on Saturday morning Aug 1st I'll publish a list of items that you have to "find" while out driving. Could be as simple as a Road Closed sign to as complex as someone driving while wearing a mask and gloves. The start time will be 10am (your local time) on that Saturday. You'll need to take a picture before you start that is date/time/location stamped with you and your team members and the car you are using. THe location of your start is important because some items will only count if they are "X miles" away from your starting location. There are a few free smartphone apps out there that will do this for you. All of the photos of items must be date and time stamped as well and have some portion of the car you are using in them or you or a member of your team in them when getting your car in the picture isn't possible. For instance, there will be some "old school" items that you will need to find that may require you to rummage around a vintage game/music store, well you can't exactly get your car into that picture but you can get a picture of you or your team member holding the item.

At the end of the hunt, 5pm your local time on Sunday Aug 2nd 2020 you'll tally up your points and post your point total either here or on FB. I will then ask the top 5 point reporters to submit me their photos via dropbox or google drive or some method so that I can verify the tally reported via photo evidence. Once I have the top 3 teams scored I will announce 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

Hopefully that helps explain it a bit better.

***UPDATE***

I'm sorry to do this with such short notice but I need to postpone the event for a couple of weeks. I'm still trying to finish some sponsorship things and some logistical things. My plan is run this Aug 22/23 now. I'm sorry for the 11th hour notice.

Hey everyone don’t forget this weekend is the scavenger hunt!!! The list will be published tomorrow morning at 8am Eastern!! Hope you guys are ready for what should be a fun weekend!!! I’ll publish some ground rules here in a couple hours so everyone is ready.

Dang, I completely forgot about this because work/home has been so crazy busy lately.

Do you have a lot of participation so far?

Hope everyone has fun tomorrow/today! Be safe, too!

Dang, I completely forgot about this because work/home has been so crazy busy lately.

Do you have a lot of participation so far?

Hope everyone has fun tomorrow/today! Be safe, too!

It's tough to say, I think a lot of people have forgotten but I guess i'll find out on Sunday how many people participated. lol

Rules/Scoring:
1. Items are listed with the defined points. In order for the points to count you or your team MUST be in the photo with a date/time/location stamp. There will be tiered scoring based upon your home address as your starting point for some items. You need to take a photo to start (Time/Date/Location stamped) at 10AM. IF you are starting from a different location other than your home, you will need to take a photo that identifies where you are located at 10AM on Saturday when you begin (Time/Date/Location stamped). The scoring will be tallied after 6:00PM Sunday evening and will take me some time (I’m only one man). The top scores will place #1 , #2 and #3 .
2. Time: As mentioned about the game is open from Saturday August 22, 2020 at 10am (local time to you) until Sunday August 23, 2020 at 5pm (local time to you).That gives you 31 hours to continually accumulate points.
3. Social interactions will be limited. PLEASE keep your distance at all times. The scavenger hunt was developed by the original creators to minimize human contact. I could not live with myself if one of you contracted COVID during this event,so I INSIST that you be aware and alert at all times. Treat those outside your team as you would a known zombie (no,do not blow their heads off) and keep your distance. Also please follow all local guidelines on social distancing and other measures put in place during these crazy times.
4. Routes: There are no specific routes. You are on your own to find your own way to maximize your team’s points. This is a true Scavenger hunt format.
5. ALL photos must be date/time stamped. The photo must have either you or a member of your team in the photo or clearly be from inside your car. Certain photos must also contain a location stamp to count if there is a distance requirement to the item. This is also why you MUST take a date/time/location stamped photo from where you start so that distance can be calculated for those items to count.
**There are tons of free Timestamp Apps available for your smartphone. Timestamp Camera Basic is free and easy to use if you can’t find anything else**
6. After your team has completed their hunt (or after 5pm local time to you on Sunday) email me your points total or comment on the FB post that I create asking for totals. You have until 10pm Monday August 24th to either post or email me your total. Tuesday morning I will contact the top 3 point scorers for them to dump their photos for validation. Once validated I’ll post the winners and their scores.
7. OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS AT ALL TIMES.

Back