• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Patience:constancy in effort

Dang you've been collecting parts for a long time now! I remember when you first posted pictures of what you've been collecting and even now you're still doing the same. Hats off to you for being very patient.

Btw, I noticed in the picture with your hood it looks like it's oxidizing in the middle just in front of the vent? I'd clear that hood before it gets any worse :)

When do you plan on purchasing the NSX?

Yeah, i had to deal with a bankruptcy and an accident but i'm back on the ball again, patience is my virtue, what i start i finish, the bonnet(hood) has dust on it, not oxidization, its in a box, resting, has to be painted anyway, no problem there.

Hopefully the end of 2012 or beginning of 2013 the nsx will be around, just a matter of popping down to the auctions, but i really want a white or silver 91, have one or two more parts left on my list first, then looking for some sponsors to put this monster together. It's getting closer though.

Oh...my...gawd. But the stock mirrors are free!

Good luck with your build.

Very true, but they look like wing nut or mickey mouse ears to me, large blemish on a beautiful design.

Saw the latest top gear episode last night, nice to see Rowan Atkinson commenting on his love for the NSX.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Wait a sec. You've been collecting all these awesome parts since 2002, but still haven't purchased a NSX yet?

Awesome :biggrin:

Yeah In Japan, i wouldn't be able to afford the car and buy parts (wheels are an exception (although i know what i want:smile:), cant buy those until the kit is fitted),

It can be anywhere from fifty to two hundred dollars just to park it, add that up over nine years, that's a lot of money I've saved, then you have shaken (registration and insurance) plus i want to pay cash and own the car outright.

i don't need a car in daily life in Japan (it's more of a burden), i ride a bicycle, catch a train everywhere, Australia a different story.

More stuff next month ;)

Last edited:
nsxenginecover1.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

My custom engine cover arrived after a slight delay, my favourite part so far (was an I's impact part but the milling was so bad there was no way i'd put it on a car)

My custom engine cover arrived after a slight delay, my favourite part so far (was an I's impact part but the milling was so bad there was no way i'd put it on a car)
That is gorgeous! Do you mind if I ask where you got it done? It looks like it was custom made.

That is gorgeous! Do you mind if I ask where you got it done? It looks like it was custom made.

it was a I's impact cover at first but the milling was terrible, so i wanted to correct and modify it, my boss used to be a rally driver, his friend has a workshop building rally cars and i got it milled out to my specifications and added the nsx logo, turned out great. (i'm in japan still) So now it's custom!

they are gruppe m mirrors, hideously expensive but the best looking mirrors for the nsx, period.:smile:

Incredible amount of goodies but for me, and for the $$, I would have bought Vroom's bespoke CF mirrors and had $300 to spend on other parts ...

Hope you realise your dreams!

regards,

Incredible amount of goodies but for me, and for the $$, I would have bought Vroom's bespoke CF mirrors and had $300 to spend on other parts ...

Hope you realise your dreams!

regards,

each to their own i don't like those type of mirrors, cheapens the look of the car, as i said, gruppe m mirrors are the best looking mirrors for the nsx period. Thanks for the well wishes.:smile:

ledspoilerbrakelight.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

rear led spoiler brakelight, next are the 2002 left and right taillights, then i'll finally work on getting the actual car. (unless the overwhelming urge to buy the comptech supercharger and brembo brakes takes over):redface:

Very nice of you to send comtec your debadged center tail light for free, mate. Awesome thread, can't wait until you get your NSX.

P.S., next time you're down under go see what NeoNSX is up to. :D I sent him emails/PMs but haven't heard a peep.

wouldn't it be funny, if he just changes his mind now and goes .... "nay, I don't wanna buy an NSX anymore"...... doh!:eek:

Very nice of you to send comtec your debadged center tail light for free, mate. Awesome thread, can't wait until you get your NSX.

P.S., next time you're down under go see what NeoNSX is up to. :D I sent him emails/PMs but haven't heard a peep.

Thanks, i wasn't after any praise, its just nice to help people when you're able, balance out the huge arsehole that i am!

Shall do with Neo, haven't heard from him for a while either, hopefully he's doing fine.

NSX isn't far off now.:smile:

Back