• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Prime member in Sport Compact Car magazine’s “Ultimate Street Car Challenge”

Wheelman said:
Congratulations Danny for representing! Can't wait til the December issue.

Ricky,

Thanks for the compliment. Is that the kick ass A-8 from Transporter 2? SWEET RIDE.:tongue:

Regards,

Danny

lowellhigh79 said:
Thanks for the props, but I'm still not telling. The biggest hurdle for the NSX is the MSRP portion of the USCC. Kip and I each got a big fat zero. Most of the cars I view as competetive-STI, EVO, Skylines, Supras, and LS7 RX7s, all list in the low to mid 30s. Depending on what other entries come in on the low end, these 30K cars can get a 60-100 point jump on the NSX from the get go. This deficit is much much more than the usual margin of victory in past years. This year's HPA Beetle is a classic example of a purpose built entry. Get the lowest MSRP Beetle (13k), gut out the interior, weld up a full cage, CUT OFF the entire floorpan, weld up what is essentially an AWD Audi S-4 platform with 15 inch brakes, drop in a TT 3.2L V6, then change out the original body panels for a European Touring car series wide body Beetle. The only original part of that Beetle that is left is the sticker! It also ran 285/30-18s all around! No complaints here though, as this is "The Ultimate Street Car Challenge" and if anyone deserved it, those guys at HPA were pure HARDCORE. The three cars VW is displaying in SEMA this year were built by HPA. AWD is another sore point. Finally, most of the entries are hardcore tuner shops that go racing all the time. Two of last year's USCC entries, an MR2 and Kip's Comptech NSX lapped two seconds faster than the FX500 in the Touge 2 event yet neither one came in the top five overall at USCC or even in the top four for the roadcourse portion. So yes, it is a daunting task to place even on the podium for USCC. It would be nice to see a Honda finally take it though.:rolleyes:

Regards,

Danny

I smell BS, but it's their magazine, they can state whatever rule they like.
However, with a magazine that so reputable in US market, they all should based on the Market price... ie: I don't think you could get a skyline cheaper than any nsx with the same year in US. Nor a newer model of the STI and Evo is ever cheaper than a nsx.
Now I do understand that yours and Kip's nsx had some substantial improvement that put a big dent on the saving accounts:biggrin: but getting a big zero for that category is bad...

NSXDreamer2 said:
I smell BS, but it's their magazine, they can state whatever rule they like.
However, with a magazine that so reputable in US market, they all should based on the Market price... ie: I don't think you could get a skyline cheaper than any nsx with the same year in US. Nor a newer model of the STI and Evo is ever cheaper than a nsx.
Now I do understand that yours and Kip's nsx had some substantial improvement that put a big dent on the saving accounts:biggrin: but getting a big zero for that category is bad...

The competition/rules have not changed for the past four years. Year 1 did not include an MSRP, but after an essentially stock 360 Modena won, the MSRP was included. The way I saw it though, the other competitors had the disadvantage.:eek: Mid engine, aluminum supercar with the right team (Autowave), tuner (Mike Lapier aka Dynomike), driver (Erik M. aka EMI), and manufacturer (Honda Babbyyy!!!!!). Actually, even with the MSRP trip up, the competition/event was very well organized and fair.:frown: and I would not change anything.
Some have complained that the USCC has become the event that tuner shops come to compete for ultimate bragging rights, thereby squeezing out the privateers who don't have a big budget and don't get very many parts sponsored (or none at all!). But then again, it is The Ultimate Street Car Challenge and we were there!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Danny

CerberusM5 said:
I think it is the Murcie Roadster.

Brain Fart!!!!!! You're right Sandy. You must be a Lambo luster:wink:

Regards,

Danny

CerberusM5 said:
You need take Lambo 101 over again brother. :)

Don't need a Lambo. Got my car:biggrin:

Regards,

Danny

Magazine should be in the mail by the 16th........

Back