• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-Qualified Techs/Mechs in Chicago (preferably downtown/in City)

Am new to this and have an appointment with an excellent shop in Schaumburg but need to have option 2 for those times when I cannot make it out there.

Backing up a bit, I have a first generation NSX (1991) with a 1993 JDM motor.

I see McGrath Acura on Elston on my route to work - any experience there?

What about European Auto on Lincoln (yes, I realize these cars were conceived on a separate continent)?

Or another shop?

My needs are going to be mostly electronics related over the long haul (I don't see myself getting crazy with an ohmeter anytime soon!)

Much thanks to all.

Project X.... also Ted is the MAN!! He did my SOS clutch, so happy with his work!!! Listen to Synth...His car alone will tell you he is on the money.

It depends on what work is needed. Common stuff - servicing the brakes, replacing tires, changing the oil, or replacing tires - can be done by any competent mechanic. But for anything complicated - like a timing belt service, replacing the clutch, or problem troubleshooting - I would absolutely ONLY take it to a shop with a lot of NSX experience. And in the Chicago area, one place stands out: Muller's Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates (847-519-9550). Ted, their top mechanic, is indeed the master NSX technician in the Chicago area. He has been working on NSX's ever since I bought mine in late 1990, and has done just about everything on them, including rebuilding NSX engines and transmissions.

I highly recommend John Vasos and his team at Brookfield Acura up in Milwaukee. I know it is a drive, but I just had them do a few things the last two days and their level of professionalism and attention to detail continue to blow me away. They know the ins and outs of this vehicle and truly go the extra effort to take care of the client. I live in the west suburbs of Chicago, but have already taken my car up there twice since buying it in May.

I worked with Colin in the service department and he was extremely helpful. Nick was the lead mechanic on my car, and he solved two stubborn oil leaks, as well as did a bunch of cosmetic and other little fixes that required creative solutions.

Highly recommend this dealership! http://acurabrookfield.com/

T.

I agree with Ken Sax. Ted is good for OEM repair work, as Ken can attest. Anything more than this, Vasos at AOB in Millywaukee is the guru. NSX Race experience. Most of the chicago area dealers know of John and his repute. At one point this summer, John was servicing 10 NSXs at the dealership. my 2 cents.

Back